I feel like I've been doing tons of updates lately........which is true, apparently.
Anyway, it's Sunday and that means it's time for another Self-Imposed Year of Projects update. From what I can tell, I'm going into my 6th week and that's just lovely.
Current WIPs (aka "things currently taking up my precious needles")
1. Mama's Vanilla Socks: (started December 6, 2011) Funnily enough, in a fairly recent post, Susan B. Anderson posted her basic sock pattern....and it's almost exactly the same as the one in my head. Anyway, these have been worked on slowly...a couple of rows here and there.
2. Baby Traveling Vines Socks: (started September 18, 2010) I've had a victory and a disappointment with this project. The victory is that I found the second sock and my handwritten "pattern"...which means I actually worked on it. I am in the middle of the heel flap...but that's where we come to the disappointment. I was cleaning the bedroom this past Monday (or perhaps it was Tuesday) and I knew where the first (finished) sock was. I had it in my hands...and moved it. Can you see where this is going? I cannot for the life of me find the first sock! I am so mad at myself right now. I had it in my hands and I moved it with the thought of, "oh, I'm going to need this" and now I can't find the damn thing. I have ransacked the bedroom looking for it...four times! Now, I know what some of you may be thinking: "just look at the pattern and it'll turn up eventually." This is all fine and well except that there isn't a pattern. It's one of a series that I've been working on so I have the stitch pattern for the cuff, what kind of heel I'm doing, how long the foot should be, and the type of toe I'm doing. There's no mention of how many rows I did for the heel flap (it's either 16 rows or 20 rows) or how many gusset stitches I picked up (if I did 16 rows in the heel flap, I'll pick up 18 stitches on each side; if I did 20 rows in the heel flap, I'll pick up 22 stitches on each side)...so, until I find the first sock, these are on hold. I know the sock will turn up eventually... *sigh*
3. Little Man's Giraffe: (started May 11, 2011) I have taken out the project bag containing the yarn and needles needed to finish this project...but that doesn't mean it's moved out of the closet yet.
4. Icarus Shawl: (started March 15, 2010) After I cleaned in the bedroom, this project remained in a large bag along with a shawl design that I started working on awhile ago, the pattern, and the aforementioned Baby Traveling Vines Sock-in-progress.
5. Lothlorien Hat: (started January 25, 2012) I've finished the first repeat of the pattern and am working on the second repeat. I anticipate that it's going to take three full repeats plus the extra rows before I work on the crown shaping...maybe four repeats. We'll see. It's coming along...slowly.
6. Honey Badger Don't Give a Shit Socks: (started January 23, 2012) These are worked in small doses. I'm currently working on the Honey Badger Cuff portion of the pattern. Once I finish another repeat of that section, I'm going to put it onto scrap yarn to make sure they're going to fit. I really hope they fit because I don't want to frog them :(
Planned Hats (but not yet started)
2. Hermione Hearts Ron
4. Ogre Babies!
5. NIN Hat
6. Pup Tent
7. Godric's Hollow Hat
8. Brandon Ribbed Beanie
9. Raglan Hat
10. Bergen Street Tuque
12. London Beanie
14. Snail: I have yarn picked out officially for this project (as in I put it on the swift and wound it into a ball)...so it'll more than likely show up on next week's SIYOP as a WIP...just sayin'.
15. Simple Baby Cap #1
16. Candy Cane
17. Little Pumpkin Hat
Other Planned Projects (socks, baby/kid, etc.)
1. Hermione's Everyday Socks
2. Freeport Vest
4. My Little Slug (need to purchase)
5. Brooke Baby Afghan
6. Pine Forest Baby Blanket
7. Mossy Jacket
Finished Objects (Hooooooray! These are done!)
1. Claudia Hat: started January 3, 2012; finished January 10, 2012
2. Mama's Simple Skyp Socks: started May 22, 2011; finished January 19, 2012
3. Little Man's Cobblestone Baby Blanket: started July 2010; finished February 2, 2012
4. Super Seeeeeeeeekrit Swap Project: started February 6, 2012; finished February 8, 2012 - until this project has been received, I can't show you anything (she might be stalking my blog). Sorry.
Total: 34 projects
There you have it. Another Self-Imposed Year of Projects update :)