Most of you, my avid readers, are completely unaware of what's been happening around here (and those of you that are privy to the information did not get it from Facebook - it hasn't been posted there and I don't want it posted there for a number of reasons). Husband was "asked to leave" his job a little over a week ago. While we're going to be okay for a little while, it has made for some serious discussions between Husband and I about what we're going to do, where we want to go if we don't want to stay in this area (and we're not sure we do), what we're going to have to do in order to even think about moving, etc. It's not been a fun week.
Thankfully, Husband has had a number of interviews and hopefully something pans out.
With all that said, it's somewhat understandable why I haven't really gotten anywhere with my knitting...I've been knitting but I don't have the fervor that I used to have. I'm hoping that it comes back soon.
Anyway, onward to Update #8 of my Self-Imposed Year of Projects (and I'll throw in some photos this time). Per a suggestion on my last SIYOP update, I'm going to start out with my FOs before moving into WIPs and plans and all of that.
FOs (Hooooooray, I get my precious needles back!)
1. Claudia (started January 3, 2012; finished January 10, 2012)
|There it is, in all it's unblocked glory :)|
|They almost match, too...no idea how that happened.|
3. Little Man's Cobblestone Baby Blanket (started July 2010; finished February 2, 2012)
|Hanging out on George's chair (my grandpa)|
|I will fill your crevices and exterminate the dirt!|
|I swear, I have a brother! He's fraternal...but that doesn't matter!|
|I don't look that impressive, do I?|
|Does this help me look more impressive? No? Oh...|
WIPs (Things taking up my precious needles!)
1. Mama's Vanilla Socks (started December 6, 2011): These have been hiding for over a week now. Okay, they're not really in hiding...they're just in a project bag in the bedroom, next to the bed, waiting for me to pull them out and work on them. Oops...
Truthfully, I'm not much further than this...maybe 5-10 rows further along...maybe.
2. Little Man's Giraffe (started May 11, 2011): I have no photograph of him...but he's being made out of a light green and a Christmas green, if that helps you to visualize. No? Oh well. Sorry.
3. Icarus Shawl (started March 15, 2010): I haven't pulled it out...but I really should.
4. Lothlorien Hat (started January 25, 2012): Admittedly, I haven't photographed this yet, even for myself...I should probably look into that. And I need to e-mail the designer.
5. Honey Badger Don't Give a Shit Socks (started January 23, 2012): I've come to the leg portion of the pattern and it only requires two repeats before the heel...so, I think if I sit and work on them, they'll come along just fine. But, they, too, are sitting in a project bag by the bed, waiting to be pulled out...
|Right before the leg portion...|
6. Pine Forest Baby Blanket (started February 21, 2012): I don't have a photograph of this project but I do have a photograph of the yarn...
I'm using Knit Picks Swish Worsted in the Dublin colorway. Now, depending on how things go, I may make a stripe in the middle with another color, just to extend the yarn a bit. I had six skeins of this to start out with (660 yds). The pattern calls for 600-650 yds so I should be okay...but I might not be since I added three repeats (21 stitches). We'll see how far along I am when I get through three skeins and make a decision then. If it's at least 15" after three skeins, I probably won't add the extra color in the middle.
2. Hermione Hearts Ron
4. Ogre Babies!
5. NIN Hat
6. Pup Tent
7. Godric's Hollow Hat
8. Brandon Ribbed Beanie Hat
9. Raglan Hat
10. Bergen Street Tuque
12. London Beanie
14. Simple Baby Cap #1
15. Candy Cane
16. Little Pumpkin Hat
Other Planned Items
1. Hermione's Everyday Socks
2. Freeport Vest
4. My Little Slug (need to purchase)
5. Brooke Baby Afghan
6. Mossy Jacket
So, let's talk about the totals.....
WIPs: 6 projects
FOs: 6 projects
Planned: 22 projects
TOTAL: 34 projects
There you have it. Another Self-Imposed Year of Projects update...and I even included photos :)