I'm headed into my 19th week of my Self-Imposed Year of Projects. I think everyone else is somewhere in the mid-40s in terms of numbers of weeks but I started six months later than everyone else. So there.
Anyway, onward to the updates (and there are some updates!).
1. Claudia: started January 3, 2012; finished January 10, 2012
2. Mama's Simple Skyp Socks: started May 22, 2011; finished January 9, 2012
3. Little Man's Cobblestone Baby Blanket: started July 2010; finished February 2, 2012
4. Dalek Dishcloth: started February 6, 2012; finished February 8, 2012
5. Baby Traveling Vines Socks: started September 18, 2010; finished February 17, 2012
6. Snail Hat: started February 18, 2012; finished February 19, 2012
7. Lothlorien Hat: started January 25, 2012; finished March 5, 2012
8. Habitat Hat: started April 10, 2012; finished May 8, 2012
Did you notice?
There it is, in all it's blocking glory. My Habitat Hat. For my review about the pattern and yarn, see my FO Friday post.
I'm almost back on track for my 12 Hats in 2012 challenge. I just need to start a new hat for May.....
1. Little Man's Giraffe: started May 11, 2011
2. Icarus Shawl: Started March 15, 2010
3. Honey Badger Don't Give a Shit Socks: started January 23, 2012
4. Pine Forest Baby Blanket: started February 21, 2012
5. Hermione's Everyday Socks: started March 6, 2012
6. Sweet Girl's Hippo: started May 10, 2012
There isn't much going on with these, other than finishing the hat shown above. I'm on the "other side" of the pink with the blanket (translation: I'm back to green again) but I haven't worked on it much. I've got maybe five repeats in the last third. So...that means I have in the neighborhood of thirteen repeats plus the border. That's not too bad. I've also been avoiding trying on the Honey Badger socks like the plague...I don't want them to not fit and I'm going to be sad if I have to rip those out, too. Hermione's Everyday Socks have made it to the gusset decreases (well, of the first one). I'm doing a Double Gusset Heel instead of regular gussets. I threw a lifeline in before I started it in case it doesn't work out as well as I would like. If it doesn't work, perhaps a Gusset Heel is in order........or maybe just regular gussets. We'll see how it all goes. I wound up starting Sweet Girl's Hippo late Thursday night...and I'm just working through it little by little.
1. Hermione Hearts Ron
2. Ogre Babies!
3. NIN Hat
4. Brandon Ribbed Beanie
5. Godric's Hollow Hat
6. Raglan Hat
7. Bergen Street Tuque
9. Simple Baby Cap #1
10. Candy Cane
11. Little Pumpkin
I'm trying to decide which hat I want to make next and I'm thinking of either the Simple Baby Cap #1 or Little Pumpkin. If I make Little Pumpkin, I should probably make two (one for Sweet Girl and one for her baby sister - to whom the aforementioned blanket will belong). I want something that's going to go more quickly than the Habitat Hat did because I'm a little behind...so smaller and not so fiddly is good. And the hats should go to Maryland with the rest of the box.
OTHER PLANNED PROJECTS
1. Freeport Vest
2. My Little Slug
3. Shaun (as in Shaun the Sheep)
4. Curly Snake
5. Penelope the Empathetic Monster
6. A new version of my Vanilla Socks, perhaps in a worsted weight...
I'm also trying to decide on a project for Ravelympics 2012. Or projects. I'm on TEAM TARDIS (yes, I'm a Doctor Who nerd, get over it). Part of me thinks I should just stick to something on the above lists but I'd like to tie Doctor Who in somehow. I'm thinking of adding Bigger on the Inside and then finding appropriate yarn, just for Ravelympics. I probably have something in my stash....maybe. I'll have to check. Or I could just order some yarn in the "right" color.
Oh, totals....I almost forgot...
FOs: 8 projects
WIPs: 6 projects
Planned: 17 projects...maybe 18 projects....
TOTAL: 31 projects...maybe 32 projects...
There you have it. Update #19 of my Self-Imposed Year of Projects :)