Sunday Sunday Sunday............
Yes. It's Sunday and that means that it's time for another installment of my Self-Imposed Year of Projects.
This is the beginning of my 26th week. My cohorts are finishing up their first annual Year of Projects. There have been some lovely projects completed, started, and otherwise worked on...and some flops. It's all in the name of challenging ourselves :)
But, I'm six months behind everyone else because I started in January, not July. It's okay though. That's why it's self-imposed.
1. Claudia: started January 3, 2012; finished January 10, 2012
2. Mama's Simple Skyp Socks: started May 22, 2011; finished January 9, 2012
3. Little Man's Cobblestone Baby Blanket: started July 2010; finished February 2, 2012
4. Dalek Dishcloth: started February 6, 2012; finished February 8, 2012
5. Baby Traveling Vines Socks: started September 18, 2010; finished February 17, 2012
6. Snail Hat: started February 18, 2012; finished February 19, 2012
7. Lothlorien Hat: started January 25, 2012; finished March 5, 2012
8. Habitat Hat: started April 10, 2012; finished May 8, 2012
9. Mini Sweet Girl's Pumpkin Hat: started May 31, 2012; finished June 4, 2012
1. Little Man's Giraffe: started May 11, 2011
2. Icarus Shawl: Started March 15, 2010
3. Honey Badger Don't Give a Shit Socks: started January 23, 2012
4. Pine Forest Baby Blanket: started February 21, 2012
5. Hermione's Everyday Socks: started March 6, 2012
6. Sweet Girl's Hippo: started May 10, 2012
7. Mama's Vanilla Socks (round 2): Started June 29, 2012
You'll notice that I've started another project.
I know, I know.....I have no business starting another project when I have six on the needles right now. I did not intend to start this project...but there was a slight glitch in my Late Night Knitting plans this past Friday. I knew I was going to go to The Sow's Ear for my last Late Night Knitting in order to pick up some Badger-themed yarn that I had ordered from the lovely Jeanette (and you can order your own, too). I was planning to show her my Hermione socks (as I'm using her yarn)...so I grabbed what I thought was the project bag containing said socks.
I grabbed the bag that contained my frogged Mama's Vanilla Socks. Luckily, my needles were still in there. So, what's a girl to do? I started a new pair of socks, of course.
We'll see how it goes using 72 stitches instead of 64...I'll know in a few weeks.
I did spend some time working on other things. I'm somewhere in the middle of the 14th repeat of the last section (I need 18 total)...and then the border rows and I'll be done with the baby blanket. This is a lovely and grand thing. It means that I can block it and ship it off to Maryland for the new baby.
I also worked on the Hippo. I only did a couple rounds on the body but it was one of the projects that was packed away in a box (yes, I labeled it so I could find it faster once we move). I completed a few rounds on my Honey Badger socks, too...and Hermione's Everyday socks...
I'd say that's pretty good, considering that I'm in the midst of PPP (panic, pack, and purge).
Anyway, my plans for the next six months......and I may or may not make it that far. We'll see.
1. Hermione Hearts Ron
2. Ogre Babies!
3. NIN Hat
4. Brandon Ribbed Beanie
5. Godric's Hollow Hat
6. Raglan Hat
7. Bergen Street Tuque
9. Simple Baby Cap #1
10. Candy Cane
OTHER PLANNED PROJECTS
1. Freeport Vest
2. My Little Slug
3. Shaun (as in Shaun the Sheep)
4. Curly Snake
5. Penelope the Empathetic Monster
6. Socks of some sort (something with yarn from Sun Valley Fibers, possibly two-at-a-time, toe-up)
7. Adipose (Ravellenic Games 2012 project for Team Tardis)
I expect that I'll be quiet for a few days as Husband is home from California until Wednesday. I picked him up just a few short hours ago and I get to keep him for a few days longer this time.
I fully expect a trip to Chicago and many other things to happen while he's here. So, forgive me for being quiet. We have a ton of stuff to do...