Anyway, it's officially Sunday again and that means that it's time for another installment of my Self-Imposed Year of Projects. I'm heading into my 32nd week...and there were things to show for it! I suppose that means that my lists are going to be a little different again (which is perfectly fine, by the way).
So, onward to my lists.....
1. Claudia: started January 3, 2012; finished January 10, 2012
2. Mama's Simple Skyp Socks: started May 22, 2011; finished January 9, 2012
3. Little Man's Cobblestone Baby Blanket: started July 2010; finished February 2, 2012
4. Dalek Dishcloth: started February 6, 2012; finished February 8, 2012
5. Baby Traveling Vines Socks: started September 18, 2010; finished February 17, 2012
6. Snail Hat: started February 18, 2012; finished February 19, 2012
7. Lothlorien Hat: started January 25, 2012; finished March 5, 2012
8. Habitat Hat: started April 10, 2012; finished May 8, 2012
9. Mini Sweet Girl's Pumpkin Hat: started May 31, 2012; finished June 4, 2012
10. Pine Forest Baby Blanket: started February 21, 2012; finished August 4, 2012
11. Sassy Girl's Simple Baby Cap #1: started August 4, 2012; finished August 5, 2012
12. Double Bump Dishcloth: started August 9, 2012; finished August 11, 2012
1. Little Man's Giraffe: started May 11, 2011
2. Icarus Shawl: started March 15, 2010
3. Honey Badger Don't Give a Shit Socks: started January 23, 2012
4. Hermione's Everyday Socks: started March 6, 2012
5. Sweet Girl's Hippo: started May 10, 2012
6. Mama's Vanilla Socks (round 2): started June 29, 2012
PLANNED HATS (at least six)
1. Hermione Hearts Ron
2. Ogre Babies!
3. NIN Hat
4. Brandon Ribbed Beanie
5. Godric's Hollow Hat
6. Raglan Hat
7. Bergen Street Tuque
9. Candy Cane
3. Adipose (was supposed to be for
Ravelympics Ravellenic Games but I didn't get there)
FO: 12 projects
WIPs: 6 projects
Planned Projects: 9-12 projects
Total Projects: 27-30 projects
Now, let's discuss everything...first of all, you will noticed that there's another FO listed so I'm up to 12 done for the year. I suppose that's pretty good. I wish it were more but it's not and that's how it is. You may also noticed that I added a FO that wasn't on any of my lists. I had actually started making the Nolan hat and although I CO for the infant size, it was coming out bigger than my head. There's nothing wrong with the pattern...I was just using worsted weight and bigger needles. I was expecting it to be larger....but not quite that large. I frogged it the day after I started it and I wanted something to do with this cotton yarn that was half unwound. So, I started the dishcloth...and then I finished it yesterday during Little Man's nap.
I'm not saying where it's going. Maybe it'll be to wipe my backside. Maybe it'll be for a friend. Maybe I'll keep it for posterity or something. I have a feeling that it's going to be someone's Christmas present though...maybe. We'll see.
Now that I've got a few more FOs on my plate, I'm thinking it's time to start hitting the WIP list pretty hard....but I've also got Startitis. Again. And new shiny yarn. So I'm thinking I might have to start something new on my list. Or not. I don't know. Maybe I should find the bin with my missing WIPs. I saw them once when we moved in and now I don't know where they wandered off to. I'll have to look. I know that the Icarus Shawl, Little Man's Giraffe, and the Hippo are in there...the rest of my WIPs are in my big bag :)
In other "life" things...Husband comes back from Wisconsin later today. I expect that he'll want the kitchen cleaned up but that's probably not going to happen. I mean, I can clean it up but it won't be clean, exactly (translation: everything put away, the sink cleaned out, and nothing on the counter - yeah, not going to happen). I also need to get laundry put away...and collect the rest of the dirty laundry. And maybe an idea of something to have for dinner. I'm not really sure what time he'll be home...I'll have to look into that.
Yesterday, Little Man and I went to the Oakland Zoo.
|Mama, I like Goldfish...don't take my picture!|
|This is as close as you're getting to a smile, Mama. My mouth is full!|
|And back to my juice...|
Aside from the fact that it was hot, we had a good time. We picked up Katrina in Oakland and met Liz and her son, Zeke, at the zoo. When we left Alameda, it was maybe 72°F.......when we got to the parking lot of the zoo, it was 91°F! It was hot hot hot! But, we had a good time, despite the heat.
On Friday, Little Man and I met some new friends here in Alameda. One of the Ravelry groups I belong to had a forum (started by me) and I was made aware of a child-friendly knitting group that meets on Fridays. So, off we went. There were five adults and our hoard of children...I think we had a total of seven or eight kids in tow (I lost count). Little Man was kind of in the middle, age-wise. The kids ranged from just under a year to four years old. Little Man had a blast chasing the boys (two of which were older than he was) and acting like a boy in general. It was also nice for this Mama to get out and meet some new people. I need friends in this place and child-friendly knitting was definitely a good place to start :)
The best part? The almost-epic nap that Little Man took when we got home. If only he'd sleep that well at night...it could be worse, though.
Anyway, I suppose that's all I know at this point. I hope you're having a wonderful weekend :)