Happy Sunday, kids :)
Now that we're officially getting into the "holiday season," things are going to get a bit hairy around here and posts may show up on days other than Sunday or, perhaps *gasp* not at all. We shall see what the next few weeks bring.
It's been raining for the last few days here the Bay Area. The temperatures aren't bad but you throw in the rain and it's a bit chilly. It's not necessarily cold but you have that kind of bone chilling thing with each little splatter of rain. It kind of bites because I want to wear my shorts because, frankly, it's warm...but then the rain comes and the splatters make me cold...and then I get on MUNI and I'm warm and wet from the rain so I get sweaty. It's not a nice combination. I think I need to invest in an umbrella and a rain coat. I don't have either, apparently. I thought i had, at least, an umbrella but I can't find it. I probably have one and it's probably in storage, along with my rain coat. ::sigh::
Anyway, we're not here to read about all that....it's Sunday and that means it's time for my Self-Imposed Year of Projects :)
1. Claudia: started January 3, 2012; finished January 10, 2012
2. Mama's Simple Skyp Socks: started May 22, 2011; finished January 9, 2012
3. Little Man's Cobblestone Baby Blanket: started July 2010; finished February 2, 2012
4. Dalek Dishcloth: started February 6, 2012; finished February 8, 2012
5. Baby Traveling Vines Socks: started September 18, 2010; finished February 17, 2012
6. Snail Hat: started February 18, 2012; finished February 19, 2012
7. Lothlorien Hat: started January 25, 2012; finished March 5, 2012
8. Habitat Hat: started April 10, 2012; finished May 8, 2012
9. Mini Sweet Girl's Pumpkin Hat: started May 31, 2012; finished June 4, 2012
10. Pine Forest Baby Blanket: started February 21, 2012; finished August 4, 2012
11. Sassy Girl's Simple Baby Cap #1: started August 4, 2012; finished August 5, 2012
12. Double Bump Dishcloth: started August 9, 2012; finished August 11, 2012
13. Go Pack, Go!: started August 18, 2012; finished August 22, 2012
14. Woven Rib Dishcloth: started August 25, 2012; finished August 26, 2012
15. Little Granite Dishcloth: started August 27, 2012; finished August 28, 2012
16. Alternate Andalusian Dishcloth: started August 29, 2012; finished August 29, 2012
17. Not-Too-Scruby Dishcloth: started September 7, 2012; finished September 14, 2012
18. Ruffled Feathers Pinwheel Blanket: started September 12, 2012; finished September 24, 2012
19. Plain old boring "normal" dishcloth (no project page): started September 22, 2012; finished September 28, 2012
20. Raglan Hat: started September 28, 2012; finished September 29, 2012
21. Nolan for Nellie: started September 28, 2012; finished October 1, 2012
22. Garter Stitch Scarf: started October 5, 2012; finished October 5, 2012
23. Chunky Scarf: started October 6, 2012; finished October 8, 2012
24. Hypnotic Dream Dishcloth: started October 3, 2012; finished October 11, 2012
25. Matt's U of AL Beanie: started October 11, 2012; finished October 14, 2012
26. Christmas Elf Hat: started October 17, 2012; finished October 22, 2012
27. Sweet Girl's Hippo: started May 10, 2012; finished October 26, 2012
28. Susan's Hat (mini): started October 25, 2012; finished October 26, 2012
29. Little Man's Sweater: started October 23, 2012; finished November 13, 2012
You'll notice that I finished Little Man's sweater...for the most part. I'm still working on seaming the arms (which takes more concentration than I have time for most days), I need to attach the buttons, and I have to block it. I'm hoping that it grows significantly in width and length when I block it because it barely fits Little Man right now and it's supposed to be sized 4T (for a four year old). My gauge was on when I started so I don't know what the problem is. Perhaps gauge lied. It often does that. I'll find out after I get it seamed and blocked. I can always make it again using larger needles and different yarn. As it stands, if this one turns out to be too small, I know a little girl that could use a handknit sweater from her auntie (though I'll have to tell her mom several times that it's handwash only).
1. Little Man's Giraffe: started May 11, 2011
2. Icarus Shawl: started March 15, 2010
3. Hermione's Everyday Socks: started March 6, 2012
4. Mama's Vanilla Socks (round 2): started June 29, 2012
I'm kind of amazed at my WIP list. I only have four projects going right now, though admittedly I haven't worked on my Vanilla Socks for awhile. But still....only four WIPs right now. And, let's be honest, Little Man's Giraffe, Hermione's Everyday Socks, and my Icarus Shawl are all almost done.
Aside from the sweater, I spent some time with Little Man's Giraffe and Hermione's Everyday Socks this week. I need to make the three balls for the tail and horns on the giraffe and then I need to learn a new crochet technique...which will be funny since I don't exactly crochet in the first place. I've looked at the video several times and I think I'll be able to do it. I also need to attach everything to the body. I think I'm going to wait and do the hair last so I have the horns, ears, tail, and spots placed properly first.
I'm still working on Hermione's Everyday Socks, too, but I'm not finished. I was busy seaming the sweater. I did work on it in the car on our way to San Mateo a few days ago but it got too dark to work. Oh well.
PLANNED HATS (at least 1 more - 12 total for the year)
1. Hermione Hearts Ron
2. Ogre Babies!
3. NIN Hat
4. Godric's Hollow Hat
5. Bergen Street Tuque
And, of course, I still have one hat left for the year. ::sigh::
Other than knitting, the only thing that's been going on around here is cleaning. We're having friends up from Los Angeles for Thanksgiving...them, and their two children (ages 4 and under a year). So...cleaning needs to happen. The counter in the kitchen needs to be cleaned off and we need to find semi-permanent homes for some of the things on said counter. We need to organize the third bedroom a little better, including stacking bins of yarn and getting rid of some things. I think we're also planning to shampoo the carpets in there because of spilled beer and beer ingredients. I also need to vacuum and pick up the bathrooms and our bedroom and Little Man's bedroom...and most of it needed to be done yesterday and today. Some of it can be done between now and Thursday but the big stuff needed to be done over the weekend. Oh well.
Anyway, I hope you've all had a lovely week and weekend :)