Hello and happy Sunday :)
I've taken temporary leave of my sanity this past week and I'm sure it'll continue into this next week. You'll see why in a moment.
1. Claudia: started January 3, 2012; finished January 10, 2012
2. Mama's Simple Skyp Socks: started May 22, 2011; finished January 9, 2012
3. Little Man's Cobblestone Baby Blanket: started July 2010; finished February 2, 2012
4. Dalek Dishcloth: started February 6, 2012; finished February 8, 2012
5. Baby Traveling Vines Socks: started September 18, 2010; finished February 17, 2012
6. Snail Hat: started February 18, 2012; finished February 19, 2012
7. Lothlorien Hat: started January 25, 2012; finished March 5, 2012
8. Habitat Hat: started April 10, 2012; finished May 8, 2012
9. Mini Sweet Girl's Pumpkin Hat: started May 31, 2012; finished June 4, 2012
10. Pine Forest Baby Blanket: started February 21, 2012; finished August 4, 2012
11. Sassy Girl's Simple Baby Cap #1: started August 4, 2012; finished August 5, 2012
12. Double Bump Dishcloth: started August 9, 2012; finished August 11, 2012
13. Go Pack, Go!: started August 18, 2012; finished August 22, 2012
14. Woven Rib Dishcloth: started August 25, 2012; finished August 26, 2012
15. Little Granite Dishcloth: started August 27, 2012; finished August 28, 2012
16. Alternate Andalusian Dishcloth: started August 29, 2012; finished August 29, 2012
17. Not-Too-Scruby Dishcloth: started September 7, 2012; finished September 14, 2012
18. Ruffled Feathers Pinwheel Blanket: started September 12, 2012; finished September 24, 2012
19. Plain old boring "normal" dishcloth (no project page): started September 22, 2012; finished September 28, 2012
20. Raglan Hat: started September 28, 2012; finished September 29, 2012
21. Nolan for Nellie: started September 28, 2012; finished October 1, 2012
22. Garter Stitch Scarf: started October 5, 2012; finished October 5, 2012
23. Chunky Scarf: started October 6, 2012; finished October 8, 2012
24. Hypnotic Dream Dishcloth: started October 3, 2012; finished October 11, 2012
25. Matt's U of AL Beanie: started October 11, 2012; finished October 14, 2012
26. Christmas Elf Hat: started October 17, 2012; finished October 22, 2012
27. Sweet Girl's Hippo: started May 10, 2012; finished October 26, 2012
28. Susan's Hat (mini): started October 25, 2012; finished October 26, 2012
29. Little Man's Sweater: started October 23, 2012; finished November 13, 2012
30. Hermione's Everyday Socks: started March 6, 2012; finished November 20, 2012
I haven't finished anything new. I've worked on some things but I haven't finished anything...and that's okay.
1. Little Man's Giraffe: started May 11, 2011
2. Icarus Shawl: started March 15, 2010
3. Mama's Vanilla Socks (round 2): started June 29, 2012
4. Eat Your Monkey Socks: started November 29, 2012
Do you see my loss of sanity? It's right there in my WIP list, #4...another project. And not a hat. Huh? What was I thinking? I'm not sure...I think it was a combination of late night knitting, the fumes of a couple finished objects, and a skein of sock yarn that had been wound ages ago and was taunting me in my knitting bag. And I happened to have appropriate needles nearby. It's going quite well (and quickly) considering that I just started them on Thursday night. I'm in the midst of the leg repeats and I'll perhaps have a photograph for an upcoming WIP Wednesday. Or maybe I will have frogged it by then. I'm worried that it's not going to fit (what else is new?). If I frog it, I'm either going to go up to a US #1.5 or #2 needle and keep the stitch count the same...or I'm going to go down to a US #0 and make the large size...or perhaps I'll frog it and restart with some extra ribbing in between the pattern repeats.
::sigh:: Sometimes, those yarn fumes are just too much...
I'm thisclose to finishing Little Man's Giraffe. I have to sew on spots, make the hair (which is still giving me some trouble), and stitch on the face. I think I'm going to need some help with the crochet part. Not that I can't do it...but I'm having some difficulty. It may also be a function of having too small of a crochet hook. I'll see if I can find a larger one and see if that helps.
My Icarus Shawl is progressing but I'm not sure I'll have it finished by the end of the year. I'm ready to start the fourth and final chart (besides the edging rows). I'm still not out of my first skein of yarn either. I'm pretty sure I won't be able to get the fourth chart and the edging rows out of what's left of the skein but it means I'll have enough left that I could make another one out of the same yarn (not that I'm going to, just a fact that I could).
I've spent some time with my Vanilla Socks this past week. It's good, relatively mindless knitting for when Little Man is playing or when we're driving long distances or when I just don't want to keep referring to a chart. I'm maybe halfway through the leg portion of the first sock. Of course, since I have no specific pattern in my head, that may be relative. I'll make it as long as I want :)
Other than that....
PLANNED HATS (at least 1 more - 12 total for the year)
1. Hermione Hearts Ron
2. Ogre Babies!
3. NIN Hat
4. Godric's Hollow Hat
5. Bergen Street Tuque
Hats honestly don't take me that long and I could use something to work on during flights and long drives and such during December. I suspect that I'll wind up working on something that isn't too terribly difficult but I haven't quite decided quite yet. I'll make that decision in the next week or so.
In real life news, there isn't much going on. Little Man had his appointment with his metabolic doctor a couple weeks ago. He didn't have to have any blood work done and we're going to try to wean him off the formula mixture in hopes that he'll eat more "real" food and drink less of his milk. He has his 2 year "Well Toddler" appointment this week and I expect things will be fine there. He's not due for any shots except his annual flu shot and we need a referral to a pediatric cardiologist (for the metabolic disorder).
I've been pondering what I want for Christmas. I've also been thinking about what to get Little Man and Husband, too. The problem we have in our house is that if we want something, we usually just go out and get it. I have absolutely no idea what to get Husband for Christmas. Giftcards are kind of pointless, he doesn't really like books, he has all the motorcycle gear he could ever want......seriously, I have no ideas! Anyone have any ideas? Little Man is getting a box of Duplos (the big Legos) and I need to slip away for a run to Walmart to get a Nemo stuffed animal (similar to this one). He has seen it twice and both times he got really upset with me when I wouldn't let him have it in the cart with him. And then there are the things coming from other places...like the package that came from Husband's brother and his wife (translation: she did the shopping) and the one probably coming from my friend (she says she's done shopping for him)...and Husband's parents...and so on and so forth. Honestly, the boy doesn't need anything...but that won't stop us.
Anyway, I don't mean to bore you all to tears. I'm just kind of letting my mind wander...so I shall wander off. I should be back sometime this week and, if nothing else, I'll be back next Sunday :)
Oh, and before I forget.....a big THANK YOU to Emma for gifting me the Ardys pattern!