We're getting down to the wire in our house. Packing is occurring in full force, there are boxes all over...and bags...and stuff...and, well you get the idea. We close on Friday and we're moving into the new house on Saturday.......pending that everything goes as planned (and it had better because this is driving us nuts!).
So, if I don't post next Sunday, don't be alarmed...it could mean a couple of things (ranging from not having our internet set up to being exhausted). So, perhaps on Monday or Tuesday :) We'll see how things go.
But, onward to what we're really here for!
Finished Objects (FOs)1. San Francisco Fog Fingerless Mitts: started January 2, 2013; finished January 10, 2013
2. Don't Blink: started January 16, 2013; finished January 16, 2013 (links to one I made last year using the same yarn)
3. Dalek Dishcloth: started January 16, 2013; finished January 21, 2013 (links to one I made last year using the same yarn)
4. Woven Rib Dishcloth: started February 8, 2013; finished February 11, 2013
5. Icarus Shawl: started March 15, 2010; finished February 14, 2013
Hey look! Do you see what I see?! Yes, I have TWO finished objects. I showed off the dishcloth on Friday. Currently, it's helping cushion some dishes...which is part of the reason I showed it off on Friday. You'll also notice that my longest-lasting WIP is finished (sans blocking). I had been working on it on Wednesday night and I got to the last four rows (the edging rows) and it was only 9:30pm and I thought to myself, "I can get the edging rows finished tonight...that'll only take me a couple hours." It took me almost 2.5 hours to do the last four rows....and then the bind off. That should not have taken an hour but, you know, it took an hour! A whole frickin' hour to do the bind off on that shawl. I went to bed around 1:15am Thursday morning because of that. But, on the upside, it's DONE! It's not going to get blocked until after we move and I find my blocking mats and pins...and a space to do it. Sooooo...don't expect to see it again for at least a couple weeks.
With those two projects out of the way, my WIP list looks like this:
1. Mama's Vanilla Socks (round 2): started June 29, 2012
2. Eat Your Monkey Socks: started November 29, 2012
3. Little Man's Vest: started January 16, 2013
4. Little Granite Dishcloth: started February 16, 2013
Honestly, I haven't worked much on any of these. I think I did one chart repeat on the second of the Eat Your Monkey Socks...otherwise, it was all about the shawl and the dishcloth :) I did start another dishcloth but that's mostly so I have something mindless to do when I'm exhausted but still want to knit...
My "to do" lists look like this (still):
Children's Items1. "Little 16" Newborn Socks
2. Garter Stripe Baby Socks
3. Baby Surprise Jacket
4. Toddler Socks
5. Alvin Sweater
6. A New Sock Monkey
8. Greyson (need to purchase)
Items for Me (Selfish Knitting FTW!)1. Rose's Wrist Warmers
2. Viking Bag
3. Campfire Socks
4. Red Dwarf Socks
5. Freeport Vest
6. Zombie ViXen Fingerless Mitts
Household Items1. Halloween Creepy Cloths (1) (need to purchase)
2. Halloween Creepy Cloths (2) (need to purchase)
3. Assorted Harry Potter Cloths
4. Assorted Doctor Who Cloths
5. Grrlfriend Market Bag
6. Petal Dishcloth
Designs (which may or may not be sooper seekrit - obviously the sooper seekrit ones aren't listed)
1. Little Man's Baby Blanket
2. Susan's Hat (4 versions)
3. Assorted dishcloths (set of 12?)
4. Traveling Vines Scarf
5. Traveling Vines Socks (baby for sure, maybe adult-sized as well)
6. Pinwheel Market Bag
7. Anything else that comes along (I have a notebook somewhere with potential designs somewhere)
I will admit, I'm having Startitis again and I'm not quite sure where to go. I think with the moving and everything that's going on there, starting a new major project would be a bad idea. I think I've got quite enough to be getting on with, don't you?
Anyway, that's all I have for you this week! I should be back next Monday or Tuesday with my 8th update :)