Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Fourth Annual Knitting & Crochet Week - Sunday

Day Seven (Sunday April 28th): Looking Forward
One year from now, when the 5th Knitting & Crochet Blog Week rolls around, where do you hope your crafting will have taken you to? What new skills, projects and experiences do you hope you might have conquered or tried?

This could be anything from mastering a technique (broomstick lace, entrelac, etc), trying a new yarn or skill, or a long term wish to crochet only from your stash, or knit every stitch in one of the Harmony Guides. Maybe you have no desire or plans for your craft at all, no new element of knitting or crochet that you dream of mastering, in which case write about why that might be. In a year's time participants will be asked to look back to see if they achieved any goals, no matter how general, and see which house conquered the art of looking forward.



In a year, I hope that I still have time to knit. I hope that I can actually finish things faster...meaning that someone small lets me knit more often. I hope that I spend more time spinning...and knitting from what I spin...and not buying more yarn...and expanding my wardrobe with all the knitted things...and maybe learn crochet so I can use up some more of my stash.

Also, my designing needs to come to light much faster. Like insanely faster. I have the ideas in my head and on paper but nothing really worked out. ::sigh::

You'll have to check on me in a year...

2 comments:

  1. So much we'd like to accomplish, yeah, as knitters? Only two hands and lots to juggle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so hard to get anything done with a little one around:) I used to give my son "worms" (yarn scraps) to play with on the floor when I wanted a few minutes to knit. I'd have him make a bunch of lines or a triangle or circle. Sometimes I'd get 15 minutes!Your son will be older and off to school before you know it:)

    ReplyDelete