Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Monday, June 10, 2013

A(nother) Note About Comments

I don't know what's been going on but lately I've been inundated with spam anonymous comments. Since I moderate all comments before they're posted, this is a slight annoyance.

I check to see if I have any comments and I get really excited when I see I have a couple...then I go in to moderate them and discover that they're all spam.

Dammit. That sucks.

So, I've changed commenting again. I will still moderate all comments but you have to be a registered user to comment. If this is a problem for some people, email me (you can find my email on my profile). I'll see what I can do about it.

I just friggin' hate all the spam!

6 comments:

  1. I don't blame you. Supposedly I had a SPAM one on the old URL. It usually never happened. I'm glad Wordpress siphons them out automatically.
    Wordpress users can't comment using the Wordpress menu option. Tried that and read one should use OpenID or Name/URL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get them all the time and I'm so tired of it. Some of them do get caught (maybe 30%)...but I hate moderating spam. ::sigh::

      Delete
  2. Blogger is usually good about catching spam. It seems that the spam comments happen on older posts of mine. So what I do is only moderate comments that are 2 days old.

    The spam is annoying, though, I agree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah the spam are annoying...cuz I get really excited too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been having the same thing happen to me. Those spammers must be working overtime:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been having the same problem. The spammers must be working overtime:)

    ReplyDelete