Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

WIP Wednesday

I'm a bit late in posting. I had grand ideas to write this post yesterday but after we got back from our errands and such, I was feeling like warmed over ick and I decided to postpone writing this post. And then I went to bed early. And life happened. So, it's mid-morning on Wednesday and I'm just getting around to writing this :)

Anyway, happy WIP Wednesday!


This is the Greyson Sweater that I'm making for Little Man (link to project page). Originally, I was going to make the 5T size (24" chest) but I started doing the math and realized I might not have enough yarn if I did the 5T size...so I'm doing the 4T size. The directions for the 3T, 4T, and 5T are almost identical until you divide for the sleeves (almost)...I was at the point where I could make the decision and not have to rip anything out. 

Currently I'm just past the point where you divide for the sleeves. I'm supposed to be knitting until it's ___" in length. So, it's around and around for a little while. I hope I don't have to mess with the ribbing at the bottom to get the colors right...though I probably will. 

This sweater is a very quick little project, especially if you do it in the bulky yarn :) I, however, am doing the worsted size (and using an Aran weight yarn - Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran). 



That's pretty much the only knitting I've been doing the last few days. It's rare that I'm monogamous in my knitting....

Linking up with Tami :)

6 comments:

  1. Love the color combo. I have some aran in stash and almost bought two random balls today! They were 50% off, but I just couldn't think of a reason I needed cream and beige! LOL. If the brown DK had been the same weight I would have bought all three and made something with it. Hey, it's 50% off!! The justification of a knitter, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Sadly the photo doesn't do it justice. It's actually burgundy and grey. It either was coming out too dark or so bright that the grey was looking green.

      Delete
  3. That sweater's looking pretty good. Almost good enough for me to start knitting my boy sweaters, but probably not. Too much stupid crap going on for me to put a proper focus on my knitting. :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. The grey and orange together are awesome! HOpe you're feeling better today. I had a bit of ick yesterday too and wanted to play it safe today so I don't get to visit my baby niece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you feel better soon. I like your stripey color combo! xoxo

    ReplyDelete