After this past week, I'm glad to be starting a new week (I'll get to that in a moment). So, let's just get to it already!
Finished Objects (FOs)1. San Francisco Fog Fingerless Mitts: started January 2, 2013; finished January 10, 2013
2. Don't Blink: started January 16, 2013; finished January 16, 2013 (links to one I made last year using the same yarn)
3. Dalek Dishcloth: started January 16, 2013; finished January 21, 2013 (links to one I made last year using the same yarn)
4. Woven Rib Dishcloth: started February 8, 2013; finished February 11, 2013
5. Icarus Shawl: started March 15, 2010; finished February 14, 2013
6. Little Granite Dishcloth: started February 16, 2013; finished March 2, 2013
7. Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth: started March 4, 2013; finished March 27, 2013
8. Garter Stripe Baby Socks: started March 3, 2013; finished April 4, 2013
9. Petal Dishcloth: started May 21, 2013; finished May 22, 2013
10. Petal Dishcloth: started May 22, 2013; finished May 23, 2013
11. Mama's Vanilla Socks (round 2): started June 29, 2012; finished May 24, 2013
12. Petal Dishcloth: started May 26, 2013; finished May 29, 2013
13. Mini Petal Dishcloth: started June 6, 2013; finished June 10, 2013
14. Eat Your Monkey Socks: started November 29, 2012; finished June 15, 2013
15. Sand Stitch Dishcloth: started June 18, 2013; finished June 20, 2013
16. Roman Stitch (Variation) Dishcloth: started June 21, 2013; finished June 23, 2013
17. Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth: started June 28, 2013; finished July 25, 2013
18. Choose Your Own Adventure Dishcloth: started July 26, 2013; finished August 4, 2013
19. Greyson: started July 5, 2013; finished August 27, 2013
20. Pumpkin Cloth: started September 1, 2013; finished September 1, 2013
21. Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth: started September 19, 2013; finished September 22, 2013
22. Grave Cloth: started September 22, 2013; finished September 22, 2013
23. Franken Cloth: started September 22, 2013; finished September 23, 2013
24. Witch Cloth: started September 23, 2013; finished September 27, 2013
25. Soooper Seeekrit Swap Project: started September 4, 2013; finished October 3, 2013
I haven't finished anything this week. Given that what I have in my WIP list (ahead), this isn't surprising...
Works-in-Progress (WIPs)1. Freeport Vest: started March 7, 2013
2. Baby Surprise Jacket: started May 27, 2013
3. Traveling Vines Socks (Adult): started May 31, 2013
4. Dragon's Egg Socks: started September 2, 2013
I've basically been a monogamous project knitter this week. I maybe worked a couple rounds on each of the sock WIPs but I've spent most of this week working on my Freeport Vest.
In the photo, I've finished the left front and shaping, the back and shaping, and have just started the right front and shaping. However, this photo was taken a couple days ago. Currently, I'm working on the button band and collar...so I've seamed the shoulders and picked up a gazillion stitches. ::sigh:: The good news, though, is that it should fit properly :) The bad news? I over-purchased on yarn. A lot. In my defense, however, I went by what the pattern said. And an extra skein of each.
So, that's what I've been doing this week...
My remaining lists look like this:
Children's Items1. "Little 16" Newborn Socks
2. Alvin Sweater
Items for Me (Selfish Knitting FTW!)
1. Rose's Wrist Warmers
2. Zombie ViXen Fingerless Mitts
1. Halloween Creepy Cloths (2)
2. Assorted Harry Potter Cloths
3. Assorted Doctor Who Cloths
Designs (which may or may not be soooper seeekrit)
1. Little Man's Baby Blanket
2. Susan's Hat (4 versions)
3. Assorted dishcloths (set of 12?)
4. Traveling Vines Scarf
5. Traveling Vines Socks (baby and adult-sized as well) - yes, this is a WIP...still working on it...
6. Pinwheel Market Bag
7. Anything else that comes along (I have a notebook or two or seventeen somewhere with potential designs and random ideas)
So, what's been going on this week......::sigh:: It's been a rough week. A friend of mine from college was airlifted to a hospital in Denver for severe preecclampsia. She was just past 27 weeks along. She had an emergency c-section early last week and had a little baby boy. They named him Samuel. He was 2 lbs., 2 oz. and just 14.25" long. He's a fighter, though. He's in NICU, of course, but he's not always on the breathing tubes. She gets to hold him for an hour/day (which started late last week), which isn't enough but with all the problems, it's a start. He's adorable.
After that, I heard that my hometown pissed in the Cheerios of ALL the Gods. A friend of mine from high school was driving home last Monday night from a volleyball tournament with his three kids and they were hit by a drunk driver. Everyone had their seat belts on but my friend, being the driver, had some pretty serious injuries. His oldest and youngest had minor injuries but his middle child died at the scene. That same day, one of the high school students committed suicide. I didn't know him but it turns out I knew a bunch of people in his family, notably his aunt and two of his cousins. There was a candlelight vigil on Thursday evening for the two of them. Before I went to bed on Thursday night, I caught wind of a rollover crash on one of the highways outside of town (an area very well known for accidents, especially in the winter). The driver was ejected from the vehicle and died at the scene. Friday morning, I found out it was someone I knew. When I used to work at the restaurant, he was one of our bar flies.
Like I said, it's been a rough week.
Closer to our California home, we all have the plague. Husband got it first and because of the surgery, it hit him pretty hard. Then Little Man got it and I finally got it by late Wednesday. By Friday, we were all on the mend but it's been a little touch and go. I'm glad I found a cough medicine for kids under 4 years old...and it doesn't have any real medicine in it. It's basically an herbal remedy but it helps, especially at night.
Other than that, there hasn't been much happening. I think with everything else going on, "not much" is plenty to be getting on with, don't you think?
I hope you all have a lovely week :)