Finished Objects (FOs)1. San Francisco Fog Fingerless Mitts: started January 2, 2013; finished January 10, 2013
2. Don't Blink: started January 16, 2013; finished January 16, 2013 (links to one I made last year using the same yarn)
3. Dalek Dishcloth: started January 16, 2013; finished January 21, 2013 (links to one I made last year using the same yarn)
4. Woven Rib Dishcloth: started February 8, 2013; finished February 11, 2013
5. Icarus Shawl: started March 15, 2010; finished February 14, 2013
6. Little Granite Dishcloth: started February 16, 2013; finished March 2, 2013
7. Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth: started March 4, 2013; finished March 27, 2013
8. Garter Stripe Baby Socks: started March 3, 2013; finished April 4, 2013
9. Petal Dishcloth: started May 21, 2013; finished May 22, 2013
10. Petal Dishcloth: started May 22, 2013; finished May 23, 2013
11. Mama's Vanilla Socks (round 2): started June 29, 2012; finished May 24, 2013
12. Petal Dishcloth: started May 26, 2013; finished May 29, 2013
13. Mini Petal Dishcloth: started June 6, 2013; finished June 10, 2013
14. Eat Your Monkey Socks: started November 29, 2012; finished June 15, 2013
15. Sand Stitch Dishcloth: started June 18, 2013; finished June 20, 2013
16. Roman Stitch (Variation) Dishcloth: started June 21, 2013; finished June 23, 2013
17. Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth: started June 28, 2013; finished July 25, 2013
18. Choose Your Own Adventure Dishcloth: started July 26, 2013; finished August 4, 2013
19. Greyson: started July 5, 2013; finished August 27, 2013
20. Pumpkin Cloth: started September 1, 2013; finished September 1, 2013
21. Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth: started September 19, 2013; finished September 22, 2013
22. Grave Cloth: started September 22, 2013; finished September 22, 2013
23. Franken Cloth: started September 22, 2013; finished September 23, 2013
24. Witch Cloth: started September 23, 2013; finished September 27, 2013
25. Soooper Seeekrit Swap Project: started September 4, 2013; finished October 3, 2013
26. Susan's Hat (V2): started October 14, 2013; finished October 18, 2013
27. Little Man's Pumpkin Hat: started October 20, 2013; finished October 23, 2013
28. Freeport Vest: started March 7, 2013; finished October 30, 2013
Nope. Nothing new to see here...
Works-in-Progress (WIPs)1. Baby Surprise Jacket: started May 27, 2013
2. Traveling Vines Socks (Adult): started May 31, 2013
3. Dragon's Egg Socks: started September 2, 2013
4. Susan's Hat (V2): started November 3, 2013
In case you didn't notice, I started another version of Susan's Hat. Because I had quite a bit of yarn left after finishing my Freeport Vest, I thought it would be a good time to try to suss out some of the yardage requirements for the pattern. The way things are going, I'm going to need more than one skein of Malabrigo Chunky...but I'm not sure how much. So, I'm trying to work out some yardage requirements. The pattern will be done as written (for the original)...well, per my notes, anyway. I've just been plugging away on it...it's not going very quickly. You'd think that with bulky yarn and fat needles that it would be going much quicker but that just doesn't seem to be the case lately. ::sigh:: It's probably because I haven't had a lot of time to knit this week and I just haven't felt like it. Just a little knitting funk, I guess...I'm hoping it'll sort itself out soon enough.
Children's Items1. "Little 16" Newborn Socks
2. Alvin Sweater
Items for Me (Selfish Knitting FTW!)
1. Rose's Wrist Warmers
2. Zombie ViXen Fingerless Mitts
1. Halloween Creepy Cloths (2)
2. Assorted Harry Potter Cloths
3. Assorted Doctor Who Cloths
Designs (which may or may not be soooper seeekrit)
1. Little Man's Baby Blanket
2. Susan's Hat (4 versions) (yes, I've mostly sussed out one version but it's still on this list)
3. Assorted dishcloths (set of 12?)
4. Traveling Vines Scarf
5. Traveling Vines Socks (baby and adult-sized as well) - yes, this is a WIP...still working on it...
6. Pinwheel Market Bag
7. Anything else that comes along (I have a notebook or two or seventeen somewhere with potential designs and random ideas)
With just a few weeks left in my second year, I have to realize that I'm not going to finish everything and I'm perfectly fine with that. I'm already dreaming of my next year of projects...and my next project.
In real life news, Little Man had a birthday yesterday! He turned THREE years old on me! We had a bouncy house in the back yard, a few of Husband's coworkers came over with their spouses and children, a couple of my friends swung over with their kids in tow, and our friends that are moving up here from Los Angeles arrived during the festivities as they stayed with us last night (they're stuff should arrive today or tomorrow...so they might be here another night, which is fine by us).
At one point, between eating and presents/cake, I had twelve children (and at least four adults) in the living room watching Monsters, Inc. because they were all tired from the bouncy house.
Little Man was spoiled rotten, of course. I haven't gotten the photos off the camera yet so I can't show you the cool stuff but he was definitely spoiled.
Also, because Little Man turned three years old, he had his yearly appointment with his metabolic geneticist at UCSF Hospital regarding his diagnosis of VLCAD. After testing Husband and I for his metabolic disorder earlier in the summer, it was discovered that Husband carries the known gene (one that they know causes the disorder) and I carry the abnormality...the gene that hasn't really been seen before (or, if it has been see, hasn't had much research/writing regarding it). What little is known about the abnormal gene that I carry seems to show that it's just an anomaly without really doing anything to the gene structure, meaning it's just a mutation that doesn't harm the overall structure. Sooooooo.....couple that information with the fact that he's always presented as a carrier, even when he was sick and not eating, we've decided that genetically he has this disorder and it may rear it's ugly head at some point but, for right now, he's fine and doesn't show any of the symptoms of the disorder....and we're not going to treat him as such. That means we're going to wean him off his MCT powder (medium-chain triglycerides), he can eat whatever the hell he wants (within reason - I'm not going to be feeding him cake and hot dogs and cookies every day), and call it a day. He will always have the disorder listed in his medical file, he will always have an emergency room protocol...but I no longer have to micromanage his fat intake, freak out when he's sick (though I still will), and he won't be limited in athletics. Overall, this is a good thing. But, because not much is known about the anomaly, there is a possibility that it could pop up later in life or stay the same or....well, we just don't know (hence why he'll always have the diagnosis and the ER protocol).
In short, fantabulous news!
Tomorrow he has his "three years old" appointment with his new pediatrician...and he'll probably have shots. ::sigh::
Anyway, that's about all that's going on around here. I hope you've all had a lovely week and weekend and such :)