Today marks my fourth update for my third Self-Imposed Year of Projects and that's just fabulous. Unfortunately, I haven't been doing a lot of knitting this past week but I have done a few things...
Finished Objects (FOs)
1. Windschief: started January 3, 2014; finished January 10, 2014
2. Welcome to the World Newborn Hat: started January 10, 2014; finished January 11, 2014
No, I haven't finished anything new. I said I hadn't been knitting much...
1. Baby Surprise Jacket: started May 27, 2013
2. Traveling Vines Socks (Adult): started May 31, 2013
3. Dragon's Egg Socks: started September 2, 2013
4. Zombie ViXen Fingerless Mitts: started November 23, 2013
5. Milo: started December 25, 2013
6. Five Hour Baby Sweater: started January 16, 2013
I'm still sitting at six WIPs because, well, I haven't finished anything and I haven't started anything. There has been some progress, though. I've bound off my Baby Surprise Jacket. I can't call it finished though because I still have to seam it, weave in ends, wash, and block it. It shouldn't take more than an hour to do the seaming and weaving but I just haven't been fussed enough to do it yet. I'm in the middle of the thumb increases on my second Zombie ViXen Fingerless Mitts. I spent a couple hours with friends on Thursday morning/early afternoon and that's where I accomplished most of my knitting this week. Other than those two projects, I maybe worked a couple rows on my Traveling Vines Sock and part of a row on the Five Hour Baby Sweater (I'm still at the point where you split for the sleeves). Nothing terribly exciting.
This, of course, means that I'm dreaming of my next project since I have one thisclose to being finished...but I still haven't decided. It'll probably be something from one of these lists...
1. Mini Socks
2. Swirl Hat
4. Hoo Hat (need to purchase - $3)
5. Otis Baby Hat
8. Sea Turtle (need to purchase - $2)
10. Gramps Cardigan (need to purchase - $6)
12. Smaug Hat (need to purchase - $3)
13. Surprise (need to purchase - $4)
14. Simple Newborn Hat
Items for Me (Selfish Knitting, FTW!)
1. Hermione Hearts Ron
2. Godric's Hollow Hat
3. Jabberwonky (which might be in the SSCB below but I don't remember)
4. November Leaves (need to purchase - $5)
5. Gallifrey Fingerless Mitts
6. Weeping Angel Socks
8. Drip Drip Drop (which might be in the SSCB below but I don't remember)
Secret Sock Club Bags
(These bags are already set up with pattern and yarn - I just pick one
at random and no, I don't remember what I put in there right now...I can
go look later, if you're really interested. I really probably should...)
Sweater for Me
1. Ginny's Cardigan
2. I Heart Cardigans (need to purchase - $6CAN)
3. Moyen Age (need to purchase - $7)
4. Julissa (need to purchase - $6.50)
Shawl for Me
1. Pacific Shawl (need to purchase - $6)
2. See You in September
3. Boneyard Shawl
1. Little Man's Baby Blanket
2. Susan's Hat (adult and child versions)
3. Assorted Dishcloths
4. Traveling Vines projects (adult socks, baby socks, scarf, hat, fingerless mitts, shawl, etc.)
5. Pinwheel Market Bag
6. Anything else that comes along at the right time
We'll see, I guess.
Anyway, there hasn't been much going on around here. I'm still trying to potty train Little Man. He'll go on the potty if he's naked. If he's not naked, he'll just pee. ::sigh:: So, he's been naked a lot. I don't mind too much. I'm still trying to figure out what his trigger is (for going).......if anyone has any ideas, let me know! I want him out of diapers before kindergarten.
Hmmm...what else, what else...I have my best guy friend coming out in a few days. We've been after him for awhile to come visit and he was tentatively planning to come out last September but some crappy things happened and a trip here in the foreseeable future was scrapped (in favor of going to Peru with his little sister). But, things changed when his boss said, "Hey, I need someone to go to Sacramento to set up a home office for one of our distance guys." So, he's coming out for a long weekend on his company's dime. He's flying in on Thursday, driving to Sacramento that afternoon and coming to our place on Friday afternoon/evening sometime. He'll be with us until sometime on Tuesday when he flies back to Wisconsin. Woo-hoo!
So, I suppose that's all I know right now...
Here are some recent photos of Little Man :)
He was busy building things with his blocks this week :)