Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Friday, May 16, 2014

FO Friday: Yes, really!

Happy Friday!

It's been rather warm here in the San Francisco Bay Area as of late. Where we live, air conditioning isn't really a "thing" because, honestly, it hardly ever gets above 74°F....but there are a couple times where the temperature soars and I lament that we don't have central air. This week has been one of those weeks. We have a window AC in the back room (which we haven't had running - we just shut those rooms off), fans going in our bedroom and Little Man's bedroom, more fans going in the living room and the front room...but the piéce de résistance is the room AC that we have in the front room. Unfortunately, it doesn't work as well as we'd like and it does leak...so we have to shove a towel under it as to not ruin the floor.

It means not a whole lot has been happening around here, period. Yet, somehow, I'm going to manage to participate in another edition of FO Friday.

Hurricane Hat (link to Project Page)

Pattern: Hurricane Hat by Andrea Guldin
Time Frame: started April 22, 2014; finished May 15, 2014
Yarn: Cascade 220 Superwash Paints in Moss Agate (maybe half a skein)
Needles: US #7 (4.5 mm) circulars and DPNs
Size: Indicated by pattern (fits an adult, in this case)
Modifications: I only made one small modification. The pattern says you CO 81 sts and knit the first stitch and last stitch together in the round so you have 80 sts. I just CO 80 sts and went from there.
Thoughts: This hat took much longer than I anticipated, though it's a quick knit. My knitting mojo is next to nil so I'm surprised it only took a couple weeks to complete...but normally, a hat like this would only take a couple days. I think I would make it again, but perhaps go down a needle size or use a heavier weight yarn. I think the combination of this particular worsted yarn and needles leaves the hat a little loose for my liking.

Anyway, I'd link up with Tami but she doesn't have anything that I can find (yet)...so, for now, just enjoy :)

1 comment:

  1. You're lucky to have air conditioning. Most of us have none up here. I really like that hat and how the yarn worked with the pattern. Terrific outcome.

    ReplyDelete