Remember last week when I mentioned that I had the proverbial summer cold happening? Yeah, it's just a cold but it lasted all frickin' week. In fact, I'm still not 100% and it's been...well, a week! ::sigh::
As a result, not a whole lot of knitting has been happening. But, press on we must!
Fnished Objects (FOs)
1. Windschief: started January 3, 2014; finished January 10, 2014
2. Welcome to the World Newborn Hat: started January 10, 2014; finished January 11, 2014
3. Five Hour Baby Sweater: started January 16, 2014; finished January 29, 2014
4. Baby Surprise Jacket: started May 27, 2013; finished February 2, 2014
5. Welcome to the World Newborn Hat: started February 4, 2014; finished February 4, 2014
6. Milo: started December 25, 2013; finished February 9, 2014
7. Zombie ViXen Fingerless Mitts: started November 23, 2013; finished February 19, 2014
8. Traveling Vines Socks: started May 31, 2013; finished March 3, 2014
9. Babbeh Hat: started March 3, 2014; finished March 6, 2014
10. Hurricane Hat: started April 22, 2014; finished May 15, 2014
11. Hoo Hat: started May 19, 2014; finished May 20, 2014
12. Hoo Hat: started May 20, 2014; finished May 21, 2014
13. Stormageddon's Stripey Hat: started May 22, 2014; finished May 23, 2014
14. Greyson: started May 29, 2014; finished June 17, 2014
Yeah, I've not finished anything new...
1. Dragon's Egg Socks: started September 2, 2013
2. Oreo Socks: started March 8, 2014
3. Baby Stormageddon
4. Pacific Shawl: started June 8, 2014
...nor have I started anything new.
I've spent some time on all these projects this week. I'm working through the second chart on my Dragon's Egg Socks and I have...I think eight more rows before I start the heel flap/gusset. I'm supposed to do three repeats of the second chart (I think - totally going from memory here). If I do that, I'll wind up with ill-fitting, knee-high socks. That's not what I ordered so I'm just doing the one repeat. It's very difficult to work on these socks. It requires reading charts and cable needles and I have a very hard time doing that with a three year old boy running around. So, it's been delegated to night/nap knitting...but mostly night knitting (because, let's be honest, Little Man doesn't nap). But, I have worked a few rows and that's still progress.
My Oreo Socks are progressing toward the heel flap, as well. I have maybe another inch to go before I start that. These are going to be short socks...shorter than my usual socks but not ankle socks. So, they should be going much more quickly than they are...but they're just dragging.
My Pacific Shawl just continues to grow. I can work a couple rows here and there but it's getting more and more cumbersome because I hate the long rows of purling. ::sigh::
And baby Stormageddon...he's in there, he kicks, and he's making it well known that he's uncomfortable. The only time I don't have too many problems is when I'm in the pool...and I think that's just the weightlessness talking. Husband got an Applause Award at work about a week and a half ago (it's kind of like a bonus but it's not any sort of scheduled thing and anyone in the company can give them to anyone else; they have to be approved when they go over a certain dollar amount so it's not like you can give one to someone for not drinking all the beer in the kegorator). Husband's company has contracts/links to all these other companies and you can basically turn the Applause Awards into gift cards for places (Amazon, Carnival Cruise Lines, TGIFridays, and a gazillion other places). He had been using them toward paying off our cruise in a year and a half but he decided we should use this one to get some things for baby. So last week when I mentioned that the baby crib arrived and we were waiting on the other two items...it was from Amazon via this Applause Award. Now we have everything that we ordered but we haven't put anything together (yet)...Husband was going to start the crib on Thursday but his back started acting up and I still wasn't feeling all that great. So, it's unpacked and sitting there...oh well. We'll get to it.
Anyway, moving forward...
1. Swirl Hat
5. Gramps Cardigan (need to purchase - $6)
6. Smaug Hat
Items for Me (Selfish Knitting, FTW!)
1. Hermione Hearts Ron
2. Godric's Hollow Hat
3. Jabberwonky (which might be in the SSCB below but I don't remember) *
4. Gallifrey Fingerless Mitts
5. Weeping Angel Socks *
7. Drip Drip Drop (which might be in the SSCB below but I don't remember) *
* I'll probably only pick one of these but, you know, choices and all...
Secret Sock Club Bags
(These bags are already set up with pattern and yarn - I just pick one at random and no, I don't remember what I put in there right now...I can go look later, if you're really interested. I really probably should...but, honestly, nah...)
1. Little Man's Baby Blanket
2. Susan's Hat (adult and child versions)
3. Assorted Dishcloths
4. Traveling Vines projects (adult socks, baby socks, scarf, hat, fingerless mitts, shawl, etc.)
5. Pinwheel Market Bag
6. Anything else that comes along at the right time
That's about all that's going on around here lately. I do have some photographs of Little Man from the past couple weeks...
|Playing with his "indoor" sand|
|Sleeping at Auntie Megan's (from Wisconsin)|
|Lunch at The Grumpy Troll (Mt. Horeb, WI)|
|Are those MY cherries?! (Halverson's, Stoughton, WI)|
|Heading back to California (Milwaukee Airport)|
I hope you're all having a lovely (US-holiday) weekend :)