Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Friday, January 16, 2015

FO Friday: Hats hats all the hats...

Happy Friday.....

Hat #2 - FoH (link to Project Page)

Pattern: Family of Hats from Hiya Hiya (it came as an insert in one of my circular needles)
Time Frame: started January 1, 2015; finished January 4, 2015
Yarn: Lion Brand Cotton Ease in Snow (white) and Lake (blue)
Needles: US #5 (3.75 mm) 16" circular and US #8 (5 mm) 16" circular and DPNs
Size: Baby
Modification(s): I added stripes and used a different needle size than called for in the pattern. I also changed the crown decreases.
Thoughts: It definitely fits a baby...but it was intended for a newborn. So, it's for Stormageddon. This is the second hat I've made from this collection.

Hat #3 - FoH (link to Project Page)

Pattern: same as above
Time Frame: started January 7, 2015; finished January 10, 2015
Yarn: Lion Brand Cotton Ease in Snow (white) and Aslan Trends Pima Classico Cotton (approx 55 yds)
Needles: same as above
Size: Adult Small
Modification(s): As before, I used different size needles than what the pattern calls for and I added stripes. I also changed the depth of this hat to fit Little Man and altered the crown decreases.
Thoughts: I wound up playing yarn chicken with the blue and I lost. So the very top has a bit of white. Oh well. Little Man is four and won't care. He has a hat that matches his brother's hat...mostly. It's the same colors but his had three white stripes instead of two (and the white bit at the top).



At least he likes it :)

I had hoped to get better photos but this week seemed to get away from me a bit. Life happens, apparently :)

3 comments:

  1. He always makes me smile....a hardknitlife is doing a Friday link up to replace Tami's if you want to join...https://hardknitlife.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little Man is a perfect model. Mam, he's being so big.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute cute family of hats!!! I love the extra white you used on the larger hat :)

    ReplyDelete