Finished Objects (FOs):
1. Elefante: started December 19, 2014; finished December 28, 2014
2. Hat #1 - FoH: started December 31, 2014; finished January 1, 2015
3. Hat #2 - FoH: started January 1, 2015; finished January 4, 2015
4. Hat #3 - FoH: started January 7, 2015; finished January 10, 2015
5. Hat #4 - Stitch's Rock Hat: started January 16, 2015; finished January 24, 2015
6. Vanilla Fingerless Mitts: started January 23, 2015; finished February 3, 2015
7. Paradiddle Hat: started January 24, 2015; finished February 7, 2015
8. Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) - Variegated: started February 22, 2015; finished February 24, 2015
I finished up a hat this past week using yarn I bought at Stitches West. It's for Little Man and the yarn was purchased with a project for him in mind (he loves super heroes and the color was aptly named "Captain Rogers"). I'll do an FO Friday when the pattern goes live.....which I've not planned yet but the pattern is written, I've taken some photos, the math is correct, it's color-coded. In short, it's pretty much ready to go. I just need to have a tech editor go over it and make it pretty. So, once that happens, all will be well :) I also wanted to test it in a variegated yarn and while I'm not 100% sold on the idea of using a variegated yarn for this project, the pattern isn't totally lost.
Works-In-Progress (WIPs): - carried over from 2014...and maybe earlier...
1. Dragon's Egg Socks: started September 2, 2013
2. Pacific Shawl: started June 8, 2014
3. Snape's Stockings: started August 20, 2014
4. Traveling Socks: started December 23, 2014
5. Wink: started January 5, 2015
6. Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) - Variegated: started February 27, 2014
Upon finishing the Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) for Little Man, I had about 2/3 of the skein of yarn left so I started a larger size of the same hat. I'm hoping I don't run out of yarn but if I do, I'll frog it, make another hat for Little Man, and a smaller hat for Stormageddon...or just another hat for Little Man. But, for right now, this one should fit me...not that it's necessarily for me but, you know...
I also spent some time with my Traveling Socks this week. I'm just working my way down to the toe at this point. I added a couple decreases on the foot to make it fit a little better but that was it.
Snape's Stockings are done with the gusset decreases so I'm also just working toward the toe on that one.
Wink has temporarily stalled. I need to cut the yarn, unpick my provisional cast-on and pick up the stitches to continue with the left collar. It's not terribly difficult or anything but I just haven't done it.
Everything else is in hibernation at this point (or in another knitting bag - which is more likely).
Also, this isn't listed as a WIP but I've got two patterns I'm writing. Well, to be fair, one is finished (mentioned above) but it needs to be made pretty. I submitted both of them to separate publications. I heard back from the first one and it was rejected, which wasn't unexpected but that doesn't mean I can't publish it anyway. So, that's what I'm doing. I've not heard back on the second one yet but I suppose I should get going on the actual pattern writing part of it. So, those are non-knitting WIPs. But they're still fiber-related.
And now for my "You've got to be kidding me" lists...
1. George's Vest (for Stormageddon - sock/fingering; solid or semi-solid)
2. Nottingham (for Little Man - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
3. Nottingham (for Stormageddon - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
4. Alvin (for Little Man - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
5. Alvin (for Stormageddon - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
6. Harry Potter Blanket (for The Family - worsted; solid) - from various Harry Potter inspired square blocks
7. Albert the Absent-Minded (for Stormageddon - any weight; self-stripe, variegated, solid, or semi-solid) *need pattern*
8. Mirkwood (for Stormageddon - bulky; solid or semi-solid)
9. Smaug (for Little Man - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
10. Dandy Sir Cephalopod (for Little Man - any weight; self-stripe, variegated, solid, or semi-solid) *need pattern*
11. Moe the Mustache Monster (for...someone - worsted; self-stripe, variegated, solid, or semi-solid)
Items for Me (Selfish Knitting, FTW!)
1. Vanilla Socks (using one of my Harry Potter yarns)
2. Drip Drip Drop Socks (using either a solid or semi-solid sock yarn that I haven't decided on yet)
3. Hermione Hearts Ron (sport; solid or semi-solid)
4. Ginny's Cardigan (DK; solid or semi-solid)
1. Scotch and Soda Scarf (using Briar Rose Fibers Wistful - leftover from my Icarus Shawl)
2. CashSilk Fern Scarf (using a skein of Online Supersocke 100)
3. Jabberwonky (using KP Felici in Abracadabra)
4. If You Know Where To Go (in KP Felici in Green Veggies)
5. Gardener's Socks (using Malabrigo Sock)
6. Paradiddle Socks - my own design (using Malabrigo Sock)
Because I love Husband
1. The Dude
New Techniques (one of the following stranded/multi-yarn kits)
1. University of Wisconsin Ski Hat
2. University of Wisconsin Christmas Stocking
3. University of Wisconsin Button Beanie
I have absolutely no idea what's going to end up here, if anything. I suspect something will end up here and I might pull it from other lists but we shall see. Maybe I won't do any Christmas knitting. Maybe all I'll wind up doing is Christmas knitting. I suppose this is a wait-and-see section :)
1. Susan's Hat
2. Traveling Vines Socks
3. Little Man's Baby Blanket
4. Paradiddle Socks (see Secret
5. Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) (see FOs #4 & #8 above)
6. Paradiddle Collection of Hats
The itch to cast on something new is quite great right now....but I'm not sure what I want to start. I want something quick but at the same time, I want something I can work on for awhile. Sooooo, I don't know what's going on with that, other than I'm undecided and up and down and all around...I need something new and shiny to work on, dammit!
In "real life" news, there's not been a ton going on this past week. My car is back in working order, for the most part...I still have a cylinder mis-firing so it sputters if I gun it but otherwise, it's fine. The illness has pretty much left the building and we all appear to be healthy, little bouts of coughing here and there, some sneezing, but that's about it. No fevers, no chills, no nothing weird. For now.
We went to the park several times this past week, just to get out of the house. Stormageddon hangs out in his stroller/car seat and Little Man runs amok.
We also worked on some hat modeling this week.
Stormageddon was not very cooperative. These were the two best photos from his session. To be fair, he was in his jumper...but then photos like this happened:
I think I may include this one at the end of the pattern because I think it's hilarious!
Little Man was a much better behaved model.
::sigh:: I hope this next week is better. Stormageddon has his six month appointment on Thursday and I start physical therapy (finally) for my back. Woo-hoo!
I hope you've all had a lovely week and fabulous weekend! Also, happy March :)