Let's just get going because we all (should) know why we're here :)
Finished Objects (FOs):
1. Elefante: started December 19, 2014; finished December 28, 2014
2. Hat #1 - FoH: started December 31, 2014; finished January 1, 2015
3. Hat #2 - FoH: started January 1, 2015; finished January 4, 2015
4. Hat #3 - FoH: started January 7, 2015; finished January 10, 2015
5. Hat #4 - Stitch's Rock Hat: started January 16, 2015; finished January 24, 2015
6. Vanilla Fingerless Mitts: started January 23, 2015; finished February 3, 2015
7. Paradiddle Hat: started January 24, 2015; finished February 7, 2015
8. Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) - Variegated: started February 22, 2015; finished February 24, 2015
9. Sorin Fingerless Mitts: started March 8, 2015; finished March 31, 2015
10.Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) - Variegated: started February 27, 2015; finished April 1, 2015
11. Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) Pattern Test: started sometime in February, 2015; finished April 18, 2015
12. Sooooooooper Secret Pattern Writing (project #2): started sometime in February; finished April 15, 2015
I finished up the hat pattern test this week. To be fair, I could probably have used a couple more testers, especially on the larger sizes...but I'll go with what I have and call it good. I need to do a little editing to the pattern (or, rather, have someone else doing some editing), then it'll be all good to go. I hope to have it live by May 1st :)
I also finished up my Soooooooooper Secret Pattern Writing project. The pattern is written and is off to the tech editor, the FO is in the mail, and now I just get to wait until October when all can be revealed :)
Works-In-Progress (WIPs): - carried over from 2014...and maybe earlier...*shifty eyes*
1. Dragon's Egg Socks: started September 2, 2013
2. Pacific Shawl: started June 8, 2014
3. Snape's Stockings: started August 20, 2014
4. Traveling Socks: started December 23, 2014
5. Wink: started January 5, 2015
6. Fire & Ice (Fire) Socks: started April 15, 2015
Now that I've got some pattern writing out of the way, I can get back to some of these other WIPs, right? Yeah...about that....okay, I did work on the second of my Traveling Socks. I've finished the ribbing so now I'm on an endless-stockinette quest until I get to the heel. Nothing exciting.
I also started a new pair of socks..........my own design. It took me a little bit to work out on paper but now that it's worked out on paper, I just get to knit the damn socks :) These are actually going to be part of a two-sock set....maybe four. But definitely two at this point. In fact, I think I'll keep this set at two pairs. It's going to take me awhile anyway. We all know how long it takes me to knit socks...
And I plan to keep these Sooooooper Seeeeecret, also. So, you may get a shot of the ribbing and that's it for a good, long while :) We'll see how things go.
In other words, I've not really worked on much this week...oops.
In my "OMG what are you thinking, crazy lady?!" lists...
1. George's Vest (for Stormageddon - sock/fingering; solid or semi-solid)
2. Nottingham (for Little Man - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
3. Nottingham (for Stormageddon - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
4. Alvin (for Little Man - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
5. Alvin (for Stormageddon - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
6. Harry Potter Blanket (for The Family - worsted; solid) - from various Harry Potter inspired square blocks
7. Albert the Absent-Minded (for Stormageddon - any weight; self-stripe, variegated, solid, or semi-solid) *need pattern*
8. Mirkwood (for Stormageddon - bulky; solid or semi-solid)
9. Smaug (for Little Man - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
10. Dandy Sir Cephalopod (for Little Man - any weight; self-stripe, variegated, solid, or semi-solid) *need pattern*
11. Moe the Mustache Monster (for...someone - worsted; self-stripe, variegated, solid, or semi-solid)
Items for Me (Selfish Knitting, FTW!)
1. Vanilla Socks (using one of my Harry Potter yarns)
2. Drip Drip Drop Socks (using either a solid or semi-solid sock yarn that I haven't decided on yet)
3. Hermione Hearts Ron (sport; solid or semi-solid)
4. Ginny's Cardigan (DK; solid or semi-solid)
1. Scotch and Soda Scarf (using Briar Rose Fibers Wistful - leftover from my Icarus Shawl)
2. CashSilk Fern Scarf (using a skein of Online Supersocke 100)
3. Jabberwonky (using KP Felici in Abracadabra)
4. If You Know Where To Go (in KP Felici in Green Veggies)
5. Gardener's Socks (using Malabrigo Sock)
6. Paradiddle Socks - my own design (using Malabrigo Sock)
Because I love Husband
1. The Dude
New Techniques (one of the following stranded/multi-yarn kits)
1. University of Wisconsin Ski Hat
2. University of Wisconsin Christmas Stocking
3. University of Wisconsin Button Beanie
I have absolutely no idea what's going to end up here, if anything. I suspect something will end up here and I might pull it from other lists but we shall see. Maybe I won't do any Christmas knitting. Maybe all I'll wind up doing is Christmas knitting. I suppose this is a wait-and-see section :)
1. Susan's Hat
2. Traveling Vines Socks
3. Little Man's Baby Blanket
4. Paradiddle Socks (see Secret
5. Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) (see FOs #4 & #8 above)
6. Paradiddle Collection of Hats
Yeah, I'm a little nuts.
Stormageddon is attempting to crawl at every turn. He's 7.5 months old and has figured out how to get up onto his hands and knees and rock. He's also figured out how to scoot backwards around the house on his belly.
I took this video the other day. He does this on the floor, as well. And yet, he refuses to learn to sit up. I don't know what I'm going to do with him sometimes. ::sigh::
We went to the park a couple different days this past week. Little Man loves the park but I usually have to drag him out the door to get him to go. I don't know what his issue is with that but we did make it a couple times, at least.
What else happened this week....oh, Husband's company has a box at AT&T Park, where the San Francisco Giants play baseball, and an email was sent out to his division saying, "hey, we have open spots in the box for the game on Thursday." Husband hopped right on that so the four of us went to watch the Giants lose to the Arizona Diamondbacks. It was my, Little Man's, and Stormageddon's first professional any game. So, we all got certificates saying that it was our first game at AT&T Park and we sat in the box, ate food, the usual. Unfortunately, getting to the game wasn't so fun. Apparently there were some protests going on in Santa Clara, which is just north of San Jose, and someone got hit by one of the CalTrains...which mucked up the trains from San Jose to San Francisco (basically, the entire length of CalTrain). Our train was an hour and fifteen minutes late. It wasn't exactly cold, either. So, we were waiting on the train platform for about an hour and a half, maybe closer to two hours. After the game, we got to deal with drunks on a train. We thought a fight was about to erupt on the train car. A couple guys were thrown off about 2 stops down and the third guy would not shut up. I was ready to go back there myself. ::sigh::
Anyway, here are some photos from this past week :)
|I'm still cute when I refuse my naps.|
|Day at the park|
|Day at the park|
|I like the park, too!|
Today also marks what would be my grandfather's 92nd birthday :)
Hopefully I'll be back with photos of, you know, knitting next weekend...we'll see how things go :) I need to find the card reader for the camera first.
I hope you're having a lovely week and weekend!