I hoped to have some decent photographs for you from our trip to Santa Rosa last weekend but my card reader is being less than cooperative so........sadly, none from that trip. Maybe some from the iPhone :)
Anyway, let's get going!
Finished Objects (FOs):
1. Elefante: started December 19, 2014; finished December 28, 2014
2. Hat #1 - FoH: started December 31, 2014; finished January 1, 2015
3. Hat #2 - FoH: started January 1, 2015; finished January 4, 2015
4. Hat #3 - FoH: started January 7, 2015; finished January 10, 2015
5. Hat #4 - Stitch's Rock Hat: started January 16, 2015; finished January 24, 2015
6. Vanilla Fingerless Mitts: started January 23, 2015; finished February 3, 2015
7. Paradiddle Hat: started January 24, 2015; finished February 7, 2015
8. Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) - Variegated: started February 22, 2015; finished February 24, 2015
9. Sorin Fingerless Mitts: started March 8, 2015; finished March 31, 2015
10.Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) - Variegated: started February 27, 2015; finished April 1, 2015
11. Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) Pattern Test: started sometime in February, 2015; finished April 18, 2015
12. Sooooooooper Secret Pattern Writing (project #2): started sometime in February; finished April 15, 2015
Yeah, about these FOs......nope. Nothing. Nada. You probably shouldn't expect anything here for awhile. Sorry......life, kids, life :)
Works-In-Progress (WIPs): - carried over from 2014...and maybe earlier...*shifty eyes*
1. Dragon's Egg Socks: started September 2, 2013
2. Pacific Shawl: started June 8, 2014
3. Snape's Stockings: started August 20, 2014
4. Traveling Socks: started December 23, 2014
5. Wink: started January 5, 2015
6. Fire & Ice (Fire) Socks: started April 15, 2015
Of all these WIPs I've got going on, the only one I touched this week were my Fire Socks. I'm about midway through the second pattern repeat and I'm tossed whether I should do three or four pattern repeats for the leg but that's not anything any of you can answer and the only way I can really tell is to try them on, which I'll have to do after the third repeat and see where they sit. So, there's that. Otherwise, I've not touched anything else...
What little mojo I have has gone to the new socks. ::sigh::
In my "OMGLSGWTFBBQ, crazy lady?!" lists...
1. George's Vest (for Stormageddon - sock/fingering; solid or semi-solid)
2. Nottingham (for Little Man - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
3. Nottingham (for Stormageddon - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
4. Alvin (for Little Man - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
5. Alvin (for Stormageddon - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
6. Harry Potter Blanket (for The Family - worsted; solid) - from various Harry Potter inspired square blocks
7. Albert the Absent-Minded (for Stormageddon - any weight; self-stripe, variegated, solid, or semi-solid) *need pattern*
8. Mirkwood (for Stormageddon - bulky; solid or semi-solid)
9. Smaug (for Little Man - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
10. Dandy Sir Cephalopod (for Little Man - any weight; self-stripe, variegated, solid, or semi-solid) *need pattern*
11. Moe the Mustache Monster (for...someone - worsted; self-stripe, variegated, solid, or semi-solid)
Items for Me (Selfish Knitting, FTW!)
1. Vanilla Socks (using one of my Harry Potter yarns)
2. Drip Drip Drop Socks (using either a solid or semi-solid sock yarn that I haven't decided on yet)
3. Hermione Hearts Ron (sport; solid or semi-solid)
4. Ginny's Cardigan (DK; solid or semi-solid)
1. Scotch and Soda Scarf (using Briar Rose Fibers Wistful - leftover from my Icarus Shawl)
2. CashSilk Fern Scarf (using a skein of Online Supersocke 100)
3. Jabberwonky (using KP Felici in Abracadabra)
4. If You Know Where To Go (in KP Felici in Green Veggies)
5. Gardener's Socks (using Malabrigo Sock)
6. Paradiddle Socks - my own design (using Malabrigo Sock)
Because I love Husband
1. The Dude
New Techniques (one of the following stranded/multi-yarn kits)
1. University of Wisconsin Ski Hat
2. University of Wisconsin Christmas Stocking
3. University of Wisconsin Button Beanie
I have absolutely no idea what's going to end up here, if anything. I suspect something will end up here and I might pull it from other lists but we shall see. Maybe I won't do any Christmas knitting. Maybe all I'll wind up doing is Christmas knitting. I suppose this is a wait-and-see section :)
1. Susan's Hat
2. Traveling Vines Socks
3. Little Man's Baby Blanket
4. Paradiddle Socks (see Secret
5. Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) (see FOs #4 & #8 & #10 above)
6. Paradiddle Collection of Hats
In "real life" events, Stormageddon still isn't sitting without help (either from someone else or propping himself up on his arm) but he's basically crawling around. So, I suppose all is well on that front. He also figured out that applesauce is delicious. Unfortunately, the photos are on my phone right now...but he was silly last night during dinner.
Little Man, on the other hand, is excited for Halloween, even though it's months away. I think he just likes dressing up, to be honest.
Oh, and guess what else?! Husband fixed my car yesterday! It's finally behaving itself! We think the order of events went something like this: one of the spark plug coils was going bad and drawing too much current from the battery. Battery dies sometime in February. Husband replaces battery. Car is okay for a little while. Husband replaces spark plugs. A few days later, it decides to start flashing all sorts of lights and the turbo stops working correctly as I'm getting on a highway. The car is diagnosed as having carbon in the engine because I don't flog it enough; here, put this in your tank a couple times and it should work itself out. This was either late February or early March. So, I followed directions, flogged the hell out of my car, and.............nothing. No change. Husband and I continue to flog the car, get the best engine additive out there (Sea Foam), and it just was not happening. Husband thinks perhaps the problem is the spark plugs that he just replaced...nope...but one of them looks.....wrong. A phone call to the smartest man he knows (Little Man's namesake) and he decides to replace the coils. New coils were put in yesterday morning and BAM! Car works perfectly.
So, yeah. A working car is a wonderful thing and I love having it back to normal!
Anyway, I must wander...it's Mother's Day.......I think that means I get time to myself or something.