Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Y4: Self-Imposed Year of Projects - Update #21

Hello and happy Sunday :) If you're in the US, happy Memorial Day weekend! An extra day off tomorrow means more time to knit, right? Okay, maybe not...

Anyway, we're back from Wisconsin so I can do a proper update (I hope)...

Finished Objects (FOs):  
1. Elefante: started December 19, 2014; finished December 28, 2014  
2. Hat #1 - FoH: started December 31, 2014; finished January 1, 2015
3. Hat #2 - FoH: started January 1, 2015; finished January 4, 2015
4. Hat #3 - FoH: started January 7, 2015; finished January 10, 2015
5. Hat #4 - Stitch's Rock Hat: started January 16, 2015; finished January 24, 2015
6. Vanilla Fingerless Mitts: started January 23, 2015; finished February 3, 2015
7. Paradiddle Hat: started January 24, 2015; finished February 7, 2015
8. Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) - Variegated: started February 22, 2015; finished February 24, 2015

9. Sorin Fingerless Mitts: started March 8, 2015; finished March 31, 2015
10.Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) - Variegated: started February 27, 2015; finished April 1, 2015
11. Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) Pattern Test: started sometime in February, 2015; finished April 18, 2015
12. Sooooooooper Secret Pattern Writing (project #2): started sometime in February; finished April 15, 2015

I've finished nothing new and I'm perfectly fine with this.

Works-In-Progress (WIPs): - carried over from 2014...and maybe earlier...*shifty eyes*
1. Dragon's Egg Socks: started September 2, 2013
2. Pacific Shawl: started June 8, 2014
3. Snape's Stockings: started August 20, 2014
4. Traveling Socks: started December 23, 2014
5. Wink: started January 5, 2015
6. Fire & Ice (Fire) Socks: started April 15, 2015

I'll be honest: my knitting mojo wandered off and I've no idea where it went. Over the last week and a half or two weeks, I've not knit anything....and I've only kind of wanted to knit anything. I think I'm in the midst of the doldrums of not being anywhere near finishing anything and I'm finding that depressing. I may need to start (and finish) a new (small) project just to get some FO mojos going. I wound some yarn into a ball yesterday and I suspect that I'll make a hat or two or three from the ball but we'll see how things go. I only have the one ball (it came in my Claudio Sanchez box - if you're unfamiliar with what Claudio Sanchez is......I can't really explain it other than it involves the fine knitters and crocheters of LSG and a box of random things that the sender wants to get rid of). Soooooo, there's that. Maybe that'll bring out the yarn mojos that have gone missing.

Moving along....

In my "OMGLSGWTFBBQ, crazy lady?!" lists...

Children's Items
1. George's Vest (for Stormageddon - sock/fingering; solid or semi-solid)
2. Nottingham (for Little Man - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
3. Nottingham (for Stormageddon - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
4. Alvin (for Little Man - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
5. Alvin (for Stormageddon - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
6. Harry Potter Blanket (for The Family - worsted; solid) - from various Harry Potter inspired square blocks
7. Albert the Absent-Minded (for Stormageddon - any weight; self-stripe, variegated, solid, or semi-solid)  *need pattern*
8. Mirkwood (for Stormageddon - bulky; solid or semi-solid)
9. Smaug (for Little Man - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
10. Dandy Sir Cephalopod (for Little Man - any weight; self-stripe, variegated, solid, or semi-solid)  *need pattern*
11. Moe the Mustache Monster (for...someone - worsted; self-stripe, variegated, solid, or semi-solid)

Items for Me (Selfish Knitting, FTW!)
1. Vanilla Socks (using one of my Harry Potter yarns)
2. Drip Drip Drop Socks (using either a solid or semi-solid sock yarn that I haven't decided on yet)
3. Hermione Hearts Ron (sport; solid or semi-solid)
4. Ginny's Cardigan (DK; solid or semi-solid)

Secret Sock Club Bags (Pick a bag at random)
1. Scotch and Soda Scarf (using Briar Rose Fibers Wistful - leftover from my Icarus Shawl)
2. CashSilk Fern Scarf (using a skein of Online Supersocke 100)
3. Jabberwonky (using KP Felici in Abracadabra)
4. If You Know Where To Go (in KP Felici in Green Veggies)
5. Gardener's Socks (using Malabrigo Sock)
6. Paradiddle Socks - my own design (using Malabrigo Sock)

Because I love Husband
1. The Dude

New Techniques (one of the following stranded/multi-yarn kits)
1. University of Wisconsin Ski Hat
2. University of Wisconsin Christmas Stocking
3. University of Wisconsin Button Beanie

Christmas Presents
I have absolutely no idea what's going to end up here, if anything. I suspect something will end up here and I might pull it from other lists but we shall see. Maybe I won't do any Christmas knitting. Maybe all I'll wind up doing is Christmas knitting. I suppose this is a wait-and-see section :)

Designs
1. Susan's Hat
2. Traveling Vines Socks
3. Little Man's Baby Blanket
4. Paradiddle Socks (see Secret Sock Club Bag section)
5. Stitch's Rock Collection (of Hats) (see FOs #4 & #8 & #10 above)
6. Paradiddle Collection of Hats


I think I'll be looking to these lists for some inspiration or something. Maybe I'll look at my Ravelry queue...maybe I'll pull something out my posterior again. We'll see.



And now for some photos of our time in Wisconsin :)

Nana Edee (my bestie's mama) feeding Stormageddon some oatmeal (he wasn't a fan)

Hanging out at Nana's

Delicious Strawberry Shortcake at Syttende Mai

Playing on the playground at Kegonsa (where I spent part of my elementary school years)

Throwing tire chips at the playground

Waiting for the Duck Race to start (and for the Canoe Race Portage point)

Mama, stop taking pictures of me!

The menu at the Viking Brewpub

I decided on a King Oscar Royal Cream Ale

This is how stupid people are in my hometown during Syttende Mai

Hanging out Auntie's new house

Playing on Daddy's phone at El Rio

Hanging with my Daddy 

There are more photos than just these floating around but these were some of the ones I took on my phone.

Stormageddon is teething like crazy right now. His bottom two are in. His top front two are partly in and the ones on either side are coming in. He's a total droolmonster. Poor baby. And then he got a nasty cold on top of it...which he promptly shared with Little Man and me. So, we've all had the little plague going on around here. Wednesday was particularly evil as I felt like I'd been run over multiple times by a Mack truck. But, we're all doing much better. I have a cough I can't shake (again) but I'm mostly okay. Little Man appears to be fine other than sleeping a bit more than usual. Stormageddon is....well, it's hard to tell since he's teething. I can't tell what's from the cold and what's from the teething. He's generally pretty miserable on and off. Thankfully, Husband doesn't seem to have it.

I hope you're all having a lovely Sunday and weekend. We're having a BBQ today so if you're in the area, stop over (keep in mind that the San Mateo Bridge is closed)!

1 comment:

  1. What a nice visit you had. Love seeing your smiles. We took the Dumbarton to and fro. It wasn't bad since ppl usually travel on Friday and Monday. It was good we came back yesterday.
    And good point on the birthday math. I guess whoever created it figured one would be doing one's own birthday and so there be no problem reading the numbers.

    ReplyDelete