|Sacrificial Goat #5 (link to Project Page)|
Pattern: Goat by Sarah Gasson
Time Frame: started May 29, 2015; finished June 4, 2015
Yarn: Lion Brand Cotton Ease in Snow (unknown amount) and Tahki Yarns Sky in....some sort of brown.
Needles: US #6 DPNs (4 mm)
Size: Whatever size it came out
Modification(s): I had a couple modifications. The first one was that I used US #6 needles rather than the US #5s that I used for the other ones. The head/body was done as written except the part where you're supposed to use fun fur. The horns were done as written. The ears were done as written except for doing an actual BO (bind off) instead of a B&T (break & thread). The tail was done as written except it was not done with fun fur. The legs....well, I did the first two rows as written (flat) and then joined in the round to finish them, and did an actual BO instead of the B&T.
Thoughts: This is the fifth (and hopefully last) rendition of this goat. There's not much to say about it. It's a quick project, it comes out cute, and that is that.
This one is destined for Husband upon his return from Wisconsin. He's been "reminding" me for a couple months that I needed to make him his goat...I finally just bit the bullet and did it. I needed a break from them so I took one. They're not difficult or anything but I just needed a break from knitting the same thing too many times. Also, Husband's birthday was this week so I suppose this could be construed as a late birthday present....we didn't get him anything else. We didn't know what to get him...
|Photo shoot with his friend, Link|
I hope you're having a lovely Friday! I'll be back on Sunday with my Year of Projects update...I hope :)
Linking up with Natural Suburbia and HardKnitLife this morning :)