Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Friday, June 12, 2015

FO Friday: Two-fer!

Hello and happy Friday!

I didn't think I'd be in this week but, lo, I've finished TWO projects that need some posting.......actually, I finished three but one of them I haven't bothered to make a project page for and it's just a regular dishcloth so we're just going to ignore that for right now...

Baby Hat (link to Project Page)
Pattern: Um.....none, really. The stitch count came from Be Loving...

Time Frame: started June 4, 2015; finished June 6, 2015

Yarn: Bernat Jacquards in Jacquard Jet (less than a half-skein)

Needles: US #5 (3.75 mm) 16" circulars, US #8 (5 mm) 16" circulars and DPNs

Size: 76 sts (16" size)

Modification(s): The only thing I really used the pattern for was the initial stitch count. After that, I kind of winged it. The directions for how I did the decreases are on the project page. It's a bit boxy at the top but it fits Stormageddon's head quite well.

Thoughts: The hat turned out as lovely as could be but if I had followed the pattern, I would have gone a little crazy. I'm one of those people that likes things to be perfectly symmetrical in knitting so my decreases would have to be the same width all around and the pattern doesn't do that. It basically says: k__, k2tog around and if you have any extra stitches at the end of the round, just knit them. So, you're going to wind up with a wedge that is bigger than the rest....which would drive me nuts. So, I changed the decreases to fit the pattern and it came out symmetrical and didn't drive me nuts.


Elvish Leaves Dishcloth (link to Project Page)

Pattern: Elvish Leaves Dishcloth by Kelley

Time Frame: started June 10, 2015; finished June 12, 2015

Yarn: Lion Brand Cotton Ease in Lake (less than a half skein)

Needles: US #5 (3.75 mm) 16" circulars

Size: Whatever size it came out

Modification(s): Aside from using smaller needles than what is called for in the pattern, there were no modifications.

Thoughts: Quick, easy, to the point. I think it's going to go into my swap/gift box, though. I have lots of dishcloths and I feel I should share them with others or something. I may make it again. It turns out a nice little dishcloth.



Anyway, I must wander off. I should be back on Sunday with my Year of Projects update and maybe Monday or Tuesday with my mid-month update of my June Goals. We'll see how that turns out :)

2 comments: