I'm going to try something out and if it works, woo-hoo, and if it doesn't work, oh well, no big deal. Over in LSG (which is not for the faint of heart, if you're not familiar - we curse a lot, among other things), we have monthly threads wherein we post goals (which we don't have to do), we show off WIPs and FOs, we talk shop (knitting, spinning, weaving, other crafty endeavors), and we play for prizes (which we don't have to do) that are donated by other members of the thread. Usually, prizes include pattern downloads for up to a certain amount, sometimes we have handcrafted items (beaded shawl pins, stitch markers, coupons to Etsy shops, etc.), and other times, we have seemingly random things (pattern books, a lap quilt, leather bracelet, and a book of cross stitch patterns come to mind from recent months).
Anyway, it's probably the main thread in all of Ravelry in which I participate.
What I've noticed is that the monthly threads over in LSG help me garner some focus over not only my Year of Projects but also my crafting and non-crafting life, in general. And I'm going to try bringing it over here.
I do not intend to blog every day, as I post in the thread (almost) daily...but I think I'll do a Monthly Goals at the beginning of the month and a mid-month update around, well, the middle of the month (probably the 15th or 16th of the month). Then, the next month when I do the Monthly Goals, I'll also do a wrap-up of the previous month's goals. I could just write a post on the last day of the month and a new one the next day but I feel like that might be a bit too much. Also, I don't get the time to blog like I used to so it takes off some of the pressure.
I hope to include some more photos of actual knitting. Don't get me wrong, my boys are fabulous and adorable and I lurves them.......but the blog is called Confessions of a Yarn Addict and, quite frankly, I've not done much shop talk in here lately, other than my Year of Projects, which rarely includes photos of actual knitting.
And it's June.......so let's talk about the goals!
1. Work on the following: Traveling Socks, Snape's Stockings, Wink, Dragon's Egg Socks, Pacific Shawl, Fire & Ice (Fire) Socks, and Sacrificial Goat #5.
2. Spin some green merino on Viktor (he's feeling a bit neglected).
3. Try to partake in a fibery endeavor every day.
4. Continue the Yarn Diet (club yarns don't count).
5. Anything else that tickles my fibery fancy (starting a new project, destashing, book destashing, organizing, etc.).
1.General house unf**king (including Stormageddon's, Little Man's, and our bedrooms).
2. Drink more water.
3. Hit the gym at least twice a week.
4. Work on figuring out my grandfather's photo albums from the 1930s (writing down information about the photographs, photographing the photographs via digital camera, etc.).
5. Keep working on the weight loss shit (thank you, Lose It app for doing the math and shit for me).
6. Keep up on the pseudo bullet journal thingie I'm doing.
Sooooooo, there are my goals. Let's see how this goes :)