Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

WIP Wednesday :)

Happy Wednesday!

I'm just full of posts this last week or so! So, let's just keep on truckin' and we'll have ourselves a WIP Wednesday post. I've not done one for awhile soooooo, let's get on with it.


First up: Snape's Stockings. It's not hugely evident here but I've only got about an inch before I can start the toe decreases. I'm still moosing away on the first one. The yarn is Merino Tencel Fingering from Happy Fuzzy Yarn in Steel & Pearls and I'm using US #1 (2.25 mm) circulars...which I think are Chai Goo but I'm not 100% positive.


Next: Wink. Again, it doesn't appear as if anything exciting is going on here...but if you click on the link, you'll see I'm much further along than I was when that WIP photo was taken. You can see the right collar on a "holder" (which is really just the cable of my interchangeable circulars)...which is on the left side of the photo and I'm working on the left collar...which is on the right side of the photo. You can also see the tails from where I pulled out my Provisional CO and started working the other way. I'm using Wool of the Andes Superwash from Knit Picks in Camel Heather on US #6 (4 mm) Knit Picks interchangeable circulars (the ones Husband got me at Christmas).



Thirdly: Traveling Socks. This is the second sock and I'm working toward the heel. The yarn is Felici by Knit Picks in Time Traveler (sadly discontinued) and I'm using US #1 (2.25 mm) circulars, which, again, are probably Chai Goo but I'm not 100% positive.


Lastly: Fire Socks. Because I plan to submit these for publication, I can't really show you much of anything...so have a "I'm hiding in my bag" photo of my secret pattern. I'm using 80/20 Twin from Wollmeise in Campari Piccolo. I'm also using US #1 (2.25 mm) circulars, this time they're Addi Turbos, though.


In addition to these four WIPs, I have two more: my Pacific Shawl and my Dragon's Egg Socks. These are my longest-running WIPs and they're both, basically, in hibernation. I need to sit and have a chat with my shawl and the socks require some uninterrupted daytime hours. Truthfully, they both require some uninterrupted daytime hours. Reading charts with small children around is just not a good idea. I'd be asking for loads of trouble if I did that.



I hope you're having a lovely Wednesday. I'm sure I'll link up somewhere....just not sure right now :)

6 comments:

  1. Wow, you are a busy bee! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray on getting your knit on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the Snape socks look so great! And I'm jealous of your Felici, I wish they would bring that yarn back- it was so awesome, and they chroma they replaced it with is a single ply and just not a logical choice for socks. Lucky you, they are going to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete