Happy Friday :)
There are so many things going on right now that I completely missed the middle of the month so I'm a couple days late with my mid-month goal reviews. Oops.
But, I'm here now so let's take a look :)
1. Work on the following: Traveling Socks, Snape's Stockings, Wink, Dragon's Egg Socks, Pacific Shawl, and Fire & Ice (Fire) Socks.
I've actually worked on all of these projects in some way, shape, or form, over the last couple weeks. Unfortunately, my Pacific Shawl and I had an argument and it went from this.....
I completely frogged it and have restarted the next size. There was a mistake that was bothering me to no end and I was at the point where I was starting the wave pattern on the edge and something just wasn't coming up correctly. So......frogged :(
My Traveling Socks are now working down the foot of the second one (I got the short-row heel of the second one done last week). I'm in the middle of the first pattern repeat of the second of Snape's Stockings and I'm working on the first chart of the second sock of my Dragon's Egg Socks. I have a lot of second socks going on...
My Fire Socks have only seen a couple rows but progress is progress. Same with Wink...just slow. No one wants to work on a wool sweater when it's 85ºF outside....so, little progress but still progress.
2. Spin some more green merino on Viktor. Maybe even finish up the ball of fiber.
I'm actually really proud of myself here. All the green merino has been spun into singles. I hope to get around to plying it today but we'll see what the afternoon brings us. I've also worked on some plying of some other singles that have been hanging out on the bobbins. The asshole French blue corriedale from awhile ago and some other unknown BFL in various variegated blues were plied together and I wound up with this:
It's not great but I plan to make a couple hats to donate so it'll be fine. The larger skein is about 110 yds of worstedish weight and the small one is around 40 yds of worstedish weight (I've not done the WPI yet so I'm not positive but that's my best guess). I still have more of it to ply but Viktor was not cooperating so I broke it and called it good. I'll ply the rest soon enough.
3. Try to partake in a fibery endeavor every day.
Still trying and not fully succeeding. Oh well.
4. Continue my Yarn Diet (club yarns, of course, do not count).
I don't think I've had a whoops yet this month so I call that a WIN :)
5. Anything else that tickles my fibery fancy (starting a new project, destashing, book destashing, organizing, etc.).
My destash is forever going on, I've finished a project, I've started a project....
1. General house unf**king (including Stormageddon's, Little Man's, and our bedrooms).
I went through Little Man's clothes the other day, boxed up a bunch of things, went through my notebooks (yes, I have a collection of notebooks)...not much but I've done some of it.
2. Drink more water.
I need to work harder at this. ::sigh::
3. Try to go to the gym at least 2x/week or some other "non-usual" method of exercise.
I'm doing pretty well here. I went to the gym twice last week and I've been there once this week...it's a start :)
4. Family history/genealogy stuff: photo albums, family stories, etc.
This is a forever ongoing project. I did talk to some distant family members in the past couple weeks, trying to track down the elusive family bible, but so far, no luck :(
5. Keep working on the weight loss shit (thank you, Lose It app for doing the math and shit for me).
It's slow-going but it's going and that's important :)
6. Keep up on the pseudo bullet journal thingie I'm doing.
I'm doing pretty well with the journal. It's not the way I want it but I use what I have and that works for me.
Overall, it looks as though July is off to a decent start. Here's hoping the rest of the month doesn't go to hell :)