Happy middle of August....ish. Something like that. Let's revisit my goals for the month and see how things are shaping up :)
1. Work on the following (and maybe finish one or two of): Snape's Stockings, Wink, Dragon's Egg Socks, Pacific Shawl, Fire & Ice (Fire) Socks, Petty Harbour Socks, and Little Man's Hat.
Honestly, I think the only project I've touched are the Petty Harbour Socks. Oops.
2. Card some puni rolags from the purple merino/silk blend and maybe start spinning it.
I've carded a few, I spun a few, but I've not done much.
3. Try to partake in a fibery endeavor every day.
I really suck at this, especially since school started this past week...
4. Continue my Yarn Diet (club yarns, of course, do not count).
I have failed. I bought some destash yarn, some yarn I ordered through Etsy arrived, and then I bought four skeins from Webs (but they're all slated for specific projects). ::sigh::
5. Anything else that tickles my fibery fancy (starting a new project, destashing, book destashing, organizing, etc.).
I'm sure things have happened.
1. Go through clothes in Stormageddon's and Little Man's rooms.
I did go through most of Stormageddon's clothes, but only to pull out the gender-neutral ones. My sister-in-law and her husband have been working as foster parents for the last year or so. They have a respite placement on occasion, they have two full-time placements (siblings), and this past week, they got a call for a Save Haven baby. Basically, mom gave birth, signed away all parental rights, and walked out of the hospital, leaving the child behind. Infants can be dropped off with police, fire fighters, EMTs, hospitals, and several other places, no questions asked. So, now they have a newborn baby and nothing for said newborn baby. And here I am, with a closet full of bins of baby clothes...so, I've gotten through most of Stormageddon's clothes.
2. Go through Little Man's toys.
3. Drink more water.
I go in spurts with this. Last week I did really well and then this week, I failed completely.
4. Try to go to the gym at least 2x/week or some other "non-usual" method of exercise.
With Little Man starting school this past week, I've been walking 2.34 miles every day (two trips to the school and back home, while pushing Stormageddon in his stroller). Next week, I hope to add the gym back into the mix but we'll see how things go.
5. Family history/genealogy stuff: photo albums, family stories, etc.
6. Keep working on the weight loss shit (thank you, Lose It app for doing the math and shit for me).
I'm circling a number again but that's not unusual. I expect it'll start dropping again this next week.
7. Keep up on the pseudo bullet journal thingie I'm doing.
I've fallen behind a little here and there but I manage to catch up.
8. Read The Hobbit.
I don't know that I've touched it recently...maybe....
9. Read How to Raise an Amazing Child the Montessori Way.
Finished. Took me a couple of hours and I read it during Stormageddon's nap.
All-in-all, August isn't turning out horribly but things could be different :)
I hope you're all having a lovely Saturday. It's hot here so we're hiding out in the house, trying to keep cool.!