|Curlew (link to Project Page)|
Time Frame: started September 10, 2015; finished September 26, 2015
Yarn: Annapurna Cashmere Yarn by A Verb for Keeping Warm in Lily Pad (which is more of a natural with greenish hues rather than a pink, which seems to show up in the above photo) - approximately 224 yds (yardage calculated based on the weight of leftover ball of yarn)
Needles: US #0 (2 mm) - 2 long circulars, and US #3 (3.25 mm) - 16" circular and DPNs
Size: One size
Modification(s): Aside from using smaller needles for the ribbing (the pattern calls for US #1 - which turned out to be far too large), I made no modifications.
Thoughts: I made this as a test knit for Veronica and so the pattern had some little bits that needed some attention (I was working from the written directions) but they've been fixed in the final version. It makes a lovely slouch hat. I'm not much for slouch hats but this one worked out pretty well. There is some subtle cabling between the lattice panels and it flows well into the decreases. I'd make it again...but dear lord, working with sock yarn on small needles takes forever for me!
|Hat wasn't finished at this point but the color is better!|
|Little Man's Hat (link to Project Page)|
Pattern: None; it came from my own little brain
Time Frame: started July 8, 2015; finished November 2, 2015
Yarn: Cascade 220 Heathers Superwash in Celery (haven't estimated yardage but it was less than 220 yds)
Needles: US #5 (3.75 mm) DPNs and US #8 (5 mm) DPNs
Size: 80 sts (to fit Little Man)
Modification(s): None; it's my pattern
Thoughts: There are a few things I plan to change before this pattern gets anywhere close to "publication ready," namely how the cables start and end but other than that, it worked out quite well. It was started as just something to play with the cables to see what would happen and this was the result. I may or may not make an adult version and a baby version......depends on how things go.
Anyway, that's all I have for you today. I hope you're having a lovely Friday!