Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Thursday, January 7, 2016

Stash Enhancement on a Thursday :)

Happy Thursday!

I've decided that in order to be more accountable for my stash acquisitions, I'm going to post them as they come in...or as close as I can muster. Sometimes, life just gets in the way.

And, in the spirit of doing things......I have STASH ENHANCEMENT!


Yarn: Bijou Spun by Bijou Basin Lace (100% yak)
Weight/Yds: Lace, approx. 200 yds
Color: Chocolate Brown

And what am I going to do with it? I don't know.....what can one do with 200 yds of glorious yak laceweight yarn? I expect I'll make something fabulous like a cowl or fingerless mitts or something, probably held double with something else from Bijou Basin that I have hanging out in my stash somewhere.



Yarn: Caledon Hills Worsted (exclusive to Yarn Market)
Weight/Yds: Worsted, approx. 220 yds
Color: Mallard

I expect this to grow up to be a hat or maybe fingerless mitts or mittens or something along those lines. I only have the one skein but I could use it with something else.



Yarn: Cascade 220 Superwash
Weight/Yds: Worsted, approx. 220 yds.
Color: 813 Blue Velvet

And this? No idea.....probably similar to the Caledon Hills above.


All three of these yarns were acquired via a Ravelry Destash (from the same person), and all for decent prices.


In the spirit of all things club-related....I'll probably hold off on posting club yarns for a week or so after they come in, so as to not spoil the surprises. And since we're a couple weeks out from this one coming in....



Yarn: Buffalo Wool Co. Tracks
Weight/Yds: Fingering weight, approx. 400 yds
Color: Acai DL2

This was the December 2015 shipment for Erin Lane Bags Indie Yarn Carnival (six shipments, starting in December 2015, in which I get a skein of fancy yarn, a pattern to go with it, and a project bag from Erin Lane). I'm not 100% sold on the pattern in this particular yarn (I'm worried I'll run out because I always have that thought) so I might go with some Wollmeise I've got hiding in my stash for the pattern and use the yarn for some socks or fingerless mitts or something else for memememe!




In other random Thursday news, today is my birthday. I'm officially 36 years old as of 1:31pm CDT (which is 11:31am here in California).

Also, I have finished my Fire Socks. Unfortunately, there will be no FO Friday for these until I have written the pattern and submitted them for publication...but, they are finished. I've also got my Pacific Shawl blocking, finally. I was cleaning up in the bedroom yesterday and came across it in a pile of stuff that was buried when I was in the midst of packing for our vacation. So, I threw it into the sink yesterday afternoon while Stormageddon was napping and after Husband was picked up, I pinned it out. I might have photos ready by Sunday but don't hold your breath.

I suppose that means it's time to start another project or two or three...but which one to start. I'll have to take a look at my Self-Imposed Year of Projects list :)


I hope you're all having a lovely Thursday! I should be back on Sunday :)

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday!!! I hope today is awesome fo you, and that you get spoiled. Congratson the awesome new yarn- I love BBR, it knits up beautifully. I have some fingering weight Bijou Basin Ranch yarn that I turned into fingerless mitts that wear so well- one of my most used FOs from last year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hau'oli la hanau; have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! And lovely stash enhancement...you know how I enjoy good stash...

    ReplyDelete