Whatever. Let's get started...
FOs (Finished Objects)
1. Fire Socks: started April 15, 2015; finished January 6, 2016
2. Nottingham for Stormageddon: started January 12, 2016; finished January 14, 2016
3. Design proposal for Fire Socks: started January 13, 2016; finished January 18, 2016
I finished up my design proposal for my Fire Socks. I probably won't hear anything for at least another week but it's done. In the meantime, I've started working on the actual pattern...which means I'll need to swatch soon. But that's another story.
WIPs (Works-In-Progress) - carried over year-to-year
1. Dragon's Egg Socks: started September 2, 2013
2. Snape's Stockings: started August 20, 2014
3. Wink: started January 5, 2015
4. Vanilla Latte Socks: started November 19, 2015
5. Swirl Hat: started December 16, 2015
6. Ice Socks: started January 7, 2016
7. Swatch for Marly Bird class at Stitches West: started January 8, 2016 (no project page)
8. Nottingham for Little Man: started January 17, 2016
9. Purple merino/silk spinning (singles): started toward the end of Tour de Fleece (July 4-26, 2015)
My WIPs.......well, yeah. Let's discuss my WIPs...I think.
Firstly, I started a new project...but it's not "new" because I just made the same thing last week. I started a Nottingham hat for Little Man. I'm in the midst of the cable section and if I sit down and work on it, it'll be finished before next week's update. The yarn is a titch bit thicker than the Rios I used for Stormageddon's hat but it should work out just fine.
Second, I've actually worked on my swatch for my class. It's about twice as wide as it needs to be and I think I'm at the halfway point, if I want to make it roughly square. I think I can have it finished by Stitches West in a couple weeks. Also, I was sad to discover a knot in the yarn whilst I was knitting. Luckily, I caught it before I had to tink back too far. I snipped it out, left a tail, and continued on my merry way where I had snipped. But I dislike weaving in ends because of things like this. ::sigh:: It'll be fine. It's just a swatch.
Thirdly, I worked a bit on my Ice Socks. I finished up the ribbing on the cuff and I was all ready to go......then I looked at my chart and did a "fake" round where I didn't actually knit but I followed the chart as I counted the stitches. I found that things weren't lining up as I had imagined so I wound up moving a column of increases and a column of decreases and started actually knitting....only to find that I disliked the new location of both the increases and decreases so I'm kind of back to the drawing board. I may have to change things up more than I wanted to, which is okay...but I don't like it. My vision is not working out and it's making me grumpy.
Fourthly, Viktor has seen some action. Wait, what's Viktor?! Seriously. Did you just ask yourself that question. The correct question should be: Who/What is Viktor? Viktor is my Majacraft Pioneer spinning wheel. I brought him down mid-last week and did some spinning on my purple merino/silk blend. I've probably got the bobbin 2/3 full and I need to weigh my remaining rolags to decide whether I should keep spinning or start a new bobbin. I'm guessing I may need to start a new bobbin, since I plan to make a 2-ply from this...but I need to weigh it :)
And lastly, I've spent some time on my Vanilla Latte Socks. I'm past the cuff ribbing and now I'm just working until I hit the 7" required before doing my heel flap and all that. It's not very exciting but that's why it travels in my purse.
The rest of my WIPs.......yeah, let's not talk about those.
In my "OMG CRAZY LADY WTFLSGBBQ" lists....
1. George's Vest (for Stormageddon - probably the largest size; fingering in solid or semi-solid)
2. House Hat (one each for Stormageddon and Little Man - worsted, two contrasting colors)
3. Nottingham (one each for
4. Mirkwood (for Stormageddon - bulky; solid or semi-solid)
5. Smaug (for Little Man - worsted; solid or semi-solid)
6. Arthur the Alien (for Little Man - worsted; any colors)
7. Holiday Countdown Stockings (for the family - Aran/worsted; four colors)
8. Creeper Gonna Creep (for Little Man - DK; green because Creeper)
Items for ME (selfish knitting, FTW!!)
1. Vanillaish Socks (using one of my Harry Potter Yarns)
2. Paradiddle Socks (using a solid or semi-solid sock yarn)
3. Hermione Hearts Ron (sport weight; solid or semi-solid)
4. Hermione Hearts Ron Fingerless Mitts (sport weight; solid or semi-solid)
5. Classic Silk Mayfaire Camisole (Miss Babs from Stitches Midwest)
6. Stormont (worsted; solid or semi-solid)
7. Sockhead Hat (sock; any colors)
8. Moab Shawl (sock; any colors) *need pattern*
9. Prowl (DK; solid or semi-solid) *need pattern*
Secret Sock Club Bags - Pick a bag at random; do pattern with yarn
1. Scotch & Soda Scarf (using Briar Rose Fibers Wistful, leftover from my Icarus Shawl)
2. CashSilk Fern Scarf (using ONline Supersocke 100)
3. Jabberwonky (using KP Felici in Abracadabra)
4. If You Know Where To Go (using KP Felici in Green Veggies)
5. Gardener's Socks (using Malabrigo Sock in Indiacita)
1. University of Wisconsin Ski Hat
2. University of Wisconsin Christmas Stocking
3. University of Wisconsin Button Beanie
4. Xanadu Snowflake Cowl
1. 198 yds. of Heaven (worsted; any colors)
2. Phillip and Mr. Grum (sock yarn; any colors)
3. Comfort Food (Aran; solid)
4. Fine Fella (worsted; solid or semi-solid)
5. November Leaves (Shelter from stash) *need pattern*
6. Skinner Hat (sock; solid or semi-solid) *need pattern*
7. The Shoemaker's Hat (bulky; solid or semi-solid) *need pattern*
8. Roll Out The Barrels (cotton; any colors)
9. Sweeny Todd Scarf (worsted; any colors)
10. Bridal Shower Lace Cloth (cotton; any colors)
11. The Snowmen Cometh (worsted; any colors)
12. Sunburst Dishcloth (cotton; any colors)
13. Starfish Cloth (cotton; any colors)
14. Seamless Circular Cloth (cotton; any colors)
15. Tombreck (Aran/worsted; solid or semi-solid)
16. Premie Spiral Hat (for hospital donations - sport or DK; any colors)
1. Fire Socks (
2. Ice Socks (knit prototype and pattern for submission)
3. Susan's Hat (make proper - photos, pattern, etc.)
4. Little Man's Baby Blanket (make proper - photos, pattern, etc.)
5. Paradiddle Socks (knit prototype - see "Items for ME")
1. Ply purple silk/merino blend listed in the WIP section (probably two-ply)
2. Finish up the remaining Asshole Blue Corriedale that I found in Stormageddon's room a couple weeks ago (don't even get me started on this one!)
3. Start something new (I'm leaning toward some grey wool I bought a few years ago)
In other, non-knitting news......um, we're still sick. Sort of. The boys are fine. Little Man is over his ear infection, Stormageddon is over pneumonia. Husband and I, on the other hand, are the ones with the sickies. Husband has been working from home all week and about mid-week, I started getting the cough and the headache and the general "ick" feeling. I'm not running a fever and I'm not really coughing that much...but I have phlegm that won't go away so I'm coughing to loosen it and it's gross and you probably don't want to hear much more about it.
Other than that, not much has been happening around here. Stormageddon is still climbing on the furniture and he's gotten to be kind of a puke about eating properly. He wants Lucky Charms all the time. He's actually started to spit out food, which drives me nuts. I don't know what I'm going to do with him. But at the same time, he's also a better eater than Little Man. On Friday night, he ate a couple little teensy bites of rib roast, didn't choke, and didn't spit them out (okay, he spit one out of maybe eight bites out but it was because he couldn't chew it - Puppy snagged it). Little Man has taken a very big interest in drawing and coloring this week. I swear he's gone through at least half a ream of paper this week. It's not just the drawing, though. He's also done some paper-folding and come up with a Millennium Falcon and a kite. I wouldn't care but I. Cannot. Keep. Everything. Which is, of course, exactly what he wants me to do. ::sigh:: I'm hoping I can get him back into Play Dough or modeling clay so he doesn't want to keep everything. Here's to hoping :)
|Block on Tanker (v 2.0) by Little Man|
Little Man loves Mythbusters and we saw the episode where they try to make a tanker trailer implode. This was the picture he drew afterwards (the second one).
And, of course, a somewhat blurry Stormageddon wearing his too-small hat and Big Brother's sweatshirt. It was one of those days.
I hope you're having a lovely weekend :)