Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Thursday, March 17, 2016

Stash Acquisition: I fell into my LYS

Happy Thursday :) Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I feel like I've been blogging a lot this week, and it's not a lie. I go in spurts, apparently.

Today, I have some Stash Acquisitions to show you. I may or may not have fallen into Verdant Gryphon last week when I noticed a blind Odyssey sale (they pull a skein at random that may be a onsie leftover, a OOAK test, or so on). Granted, two of the skeins I bought were not from the blind sale but....nevermind, let's look already!

Yarn: Odyssey from Verdant Gryphon
Weight/Yardage: Bulky/105 yds each
Colorway(s): Painted Damsel (top), Ravenswood (middle), and The Firefly Hunt (bottom)

I have a couple designs that I need to reknit prototypes for (hats, bulky yarn, woo).....so, ALL THE BULKY YARN! Or something. We'll see.


And then, even though I have a closet full of yarn, I fell into my (soon-to-be-closing) LYS and came home with more yarn...



Yarn: Malabrigo Twist
Weight/Yardage: Aran/~150 yds each
Colorway: Tuareg (blue-blue-green; it's a blue-green but it's more on the blue side, hence blue-blue-green).

Again, no idea...but it wanted to be mine.

Yarn: Malabrigo Rios
Weight/Yardage: Worsted/210 yds each
Colorway(s): Natural (top) and Nimbus Gray (bottom)

I keep envisioning a striped hat of some sort. I do have a couple worsted weight, two-color hats on my Self-Imposed Year of Projects list so, perhaps something from there...

Yarn: Alice by Frabjous Fibers (from the Wonderland Yarns collection, from what I can tell)
Weight/Yardage: Sport/~115 yds
Colorway: Off With Her Head

This one just kind of jumped into my hands. I have no idea what I'm going to do with it, as it's a 100% silk fiber...so things that are not drapey probably are not a good match for this yarn. I'm sure I'll think of something...



Also, I have fiber from Corgi Hill Farm but that's for a different day :) Hope you're all having a lovely St. Patrick's Day! Tomorrow I'll be back with another installment of FO Friday!

2 comments:

  1. You've reminded me I haven't used Twist for a long time. Great stash enhancement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so much lovely yarn! Hey it's mostly all bulky and worsted weight, that stuff knits up in no time so it barely counts, right?! ;)

    ReplyDelete