Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Monthly Goals: November (WHAT?!)

Happy November (no, wait, seriously...how did it get to be November?!).....let's take a look at the monthly goals because, you know, new month, new goals. Maybe not.

Let's revisit October, first :)

Fibery Goals
1. Work on the following (and maybe finish something): Wink,  the Caffe Macchiato Socks, or the Oh, She IS a Bad Nut shawl. Get Gex shipped out. Oh, and finish up the prototype hat. 
2. Proper destash work (photos, updating the database on Ravelry, etc.)
3. Partake in a fibery endeavor at least 4x/week.
4. Yarn Diet (clubs don't count).
5. Design proposal shipped off.
6. Clean out the yarn closet some more.
7. Anything else that comes along.

For those of you that don't pop in for my Self-Imposed Year of Projects, you may not be aware that I actually finished the Caffe Macchiato Socks. In addition to that, I shipped Gex and it was well-received by my brother and sister-in-law. On the flipside, I wound up frogging the prototype hat. I need to do some more math and not work with black yarn at night. Oh well. But, to make up for it, I started TWO new projects: the Smooth Operator Socks, using a fanceeee stitch pattern I found in one of the Barbara Walker volumes, and Stormageddon's Vest. I even brought out the Bad Nut shawl for a few rows. 

Destash work has been rough. I'm a bit.....well, I'm full of anxiety about my yarn closet. I did get all the project bags and random bags of yarn sorted out and put away properly so it looks significantly better in there but the fact that there are eighteen (yes, EIGHTEEN) bins of yarn and/or fiber in there is a bit overwhelming, to say the least. I have sold a couple skeins and then I did a dyelot trade (and she sent me more of the same yarn in a different colorway as a "thank you," which was really sweet).....but that closet is scary. I need to get a grip. As a result, hardcore yarn diet. Clubs, obviously, still won't count. 

I've been doing more and more knitting. I seem to be getting into fall, which apparently means more knitting...and design work. I shipped my proposal off and I've not heard anything yet which I suspect means that I'm going to get a big, "thanks but no," rejection from them. Whatever. It's fine. I need to do more math for that pattern anyway. I spent some time working on a design for Stormageddon's baby blanket, as well.....which makes no sense since he's already 2 years old. So I'm slow. Sue me. 

In addition to all that, I got a bug in my pants this week and went through all my circular needles, DPNs, interchangeables, and crochet hooks. I have a spreadsheet started so I know what I have. Turns out I have a lot of DPNs that I don't need. I also have a bunch of needles without their packages, which isn't horrible if I know what they are. 



Non-Fibery Goals
1. Go through Stormageddon's clothes
2. Go through everything on the cookbook shelf.
3. Go through all our dishes.
4. Gym and/or some other form of exercise.
5. Work on the weight loss shit (woo).
6. Keep up on the (new) bullet journal.
7. Get everything ready for a Craigslist/Etsy sale (I have a bunch of stuff to get rid of).
8. Figure out what to do with the boys during fall break.
9. Get Little Man's suit pants hemmed (for Halloween).
10. Take some time for myself.

During the mid-month update, I didn't even touch this list. It's not gotten hugely better but a few things have been scratched off. I've gone through half of Stormageddon's clothes (and passed them on to someone else), I've been going to the gym (and as a byproduct, I've been working on the weight loss shit...which isn't going well but I'm trying). The bullet journal is going well, I have a couple of boxes of things to sell, and Fall Break just happened...oh, and I took Little Man's pants over to the alterations place for hemming. 

So, it's better. Not great, but better.


And now, let's look ahead to this month :)


Fibery Goals
1. Work on the following (and maybe finish something): Wink,  the Smooth Operator Socks, Stormageddon's Vest, or the Oh, She IS a Bad Nut shawl. 
2. Proper destash work (photos, updating the database on Ravelry, etc.)
3. Partake in a fibery endeavor at least 4x/week.
4. Yarn Diet (clubs don't count).
5. Finish the needle/hook inventory & decide what to destash.
6. Clean out the yarn closet some more.
7. Finish up the second half of the Corriedale from Frene Creek Farm.
8. Andean ply the last of the Polwarth/Tussah blend, wash all of it, and figure out how much I have.
9. Unravel a sweater. Maybe two. Or four.
10. Anything else that comes along.


Non-Fibery Goals
1. Finish going through Stormageddon's clothes.
2. Go through everything on the cookbook shelf.
3. Go through all our dishes.
4. Gym and/or some other form of exercise.
5. Work on the weight loss shit (woo).
6. Keep up on the (new) bullet journal.
7. Post a few items for sale
8. Celebrate Little Man's 6th birthday! (and wrap presents!)
9. Try to take some time for myself.


Just a few changes :) Hope you're having a lovely Tuesday! Today was Little Man's first day back after Fall Break and he had his ear tube surgery yesterday morning and it was Hallowe'en......yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment