Finished Objects (FOs):
1. Pussy Hat: started January 10, 2017; finished January 16, 2017
2. Hermione's Everyday Socks (v2): started November 14, 2016; finished January 28, 2017
I haven't taken photos yet but I finished Hermione's Everyday Socks last night. I even got the ends woven in! I might be sold on this whole two-socks-at-the-same-time-on-two-different-sets-of-circulars thing. Things seem to go much faster, which is lovely.
Hopefully I'll have an FO Friday at the end of the week...
1. Wink: started January 5, 2015
2. Oh, She IS a Bad Nut: started August 11, 2016
3. Fall in San Francisco (prototype 3): started October 4, 2016
4. Frene Creek Farm Corriedale (spinning): started October 12, 2016
5. Smooth Operator Socks: started October 13, 2016
6. Stormageddon's Vest: started October 17, 2016
7. Trusty (v2): started December 22, 2016
8. Morvarch Aardvark: started January 1, 2017
9. Messed Up Moss: started January 4, 2017
A few of my WIPs received some attention this week. I brought out the Messed Up Moss scarf that I'm making for Little Man. I spent some time working on it earlier this week when we went to the indoor gym place.
It's right around the halfway mark if it were a normal sized scarf but I'm going to make it a bit longer so he doesn't grow out of it. It's fat yarn on big needles so it's going pretty quickly if I just sit and work on it.
I also pulled out my Smooth Operator Socks this week. I'm working to get a couple inches past the heel placement afterhtought thingie, so I'm slogging at this point. I only did a couple rounds but I pulled it out and that's important.
That was it for WIP action, however, I did have something else happen this week that could fall under this category.
That is Little Man's Creeper Hat (link to my project page). And that is the crown partially ripped out and back on needles. He got it caught on something at school on Thursday morning, the woven in end snapped and things started unravelling. I knew something was up when the first thing he said to me was, "Mama, I'm sorry," and I had no idea why. He then told me his hat ripped and I was thinking along the side where it got caught or something and then he showed me the top unravelling.
I managed to get it fixed. However, if it happens again, I'm going to probably have to find new yarn to work with. I almost ran out and I was using smaller needles. But, it's fixed and it works for now. The worst thing is that I'd knit him a new one. Whatever. I would be willing to do that, too.
17 UFOs in 2017
1-7: WIP list UFOs (ignoring the fact that there are more WIPs than what are listed here)
8. Design: Susan's Hat
9. Design: Little Man's Baby Blanket
10. Design: Paradiddle Socks (aka Little Drummer Girl)
11. Design: Pacific Waves Hat
12. Design: Fall in San Francisco Hat
13. Stash Inventory (photos, in Rav database) **DONE**
14. Dystopian Novel
15. Doctor Who blanket (1)
16. Doctor Who blanket (2)
Aside from what was mentioned above, nothing else happened with this list. Oh well. Moving along...
And in my "OMGLSGWTFBBQ" lists...
Secret Sock Club Bags - Pick a bag at random; do pattern with yarn
1. Scotch & Soda Scarf (using Briar Rose Fibers Wistful, leftover from my Icarus Shawl)
2. Jabberwonky (using KP Felici in Abracadabra)
3. If You Know Where To Go (using KP Felici in Green Veggies)
These are the only ones that are currently set up. I have plans to make a few more but we'll see how things go. With all the WIPs and such I have going, this may not be a good idea at this point. Or maybe I'll pull things from the lists below and put them into bags. I don't know.
1. University of Wisconsin Ski Hat (kit)
2. University of Wisconsin Christmas Stocking (kit)
3. University of Wisconsin Button Beanie (kit)
4. Xanadu Snowflake Cowl
5. Unknown Christmas Stocking for Little Man (see also: Designs)
6. Unknown Christmas Stocking for Stormageddon (see also: Designs)
7. Unknown Christmas Stocking for Husband (see also: Designs)
1. Stuffed toy for Miss C (SIL's foster child)
2. Stuffed toy for Mr. K (SIL's foster child)
3. Stuffed toy for Miss E (SIL's adopted daughter)
4. Stuffed toy for TAZ (brother's daughter)
5. Undetermined hat for Little Man
6. Undetermined hat for Stormageddon
7. Mittens for Little Man
8. Mittens for Stormageddon
Items for ME (selfish knitting FTW!):
1. Park Slope (fingering, specifically Mountain Colors Crazy Foot)
2. Worsted weight house socks (worsted, of course - maybe something like Lumberjack)
3. Classic Silk Mayfaire Camisole (Miss Babs Northumbria with modifications)
4. Evangeline (worsted; solid or semi-solid)
5. Lichen (Aran or Sport/DK; solid or semi-solid)
6. Moyen Age (fingering; one of my Vice Yarns? Zen Yarn Garden Serenity 20?)
7. Ginny's Cardigan (DK; solid or semi-solid)
8. Drip Drip Drop (sock; solid or semi-solid)
9. Celtic Myths (worsted; solid)
10. Jag in Garter Stitch (DK; 2 colors)
11. Cobh (fingering; 2 colors)\
12. Offhand Lace (bulky; solid or semi-solid)
13. Whitman (DK; any color)
14. Flax (worsted; any color - Misti Alpaca Harry Potter-esque one?)
1. 198 Yds of Heaven (worsted; solid)
2. Comfort Food (Aran; solid)
3. Tombreck (worsted; solid or semi-solid)
4. Premie Spiral Hat (DK; any color)
5. Pumpkins & a Pattern (any weight, any color - gauge doesn't matter)
1. Susan's Hat *started* - need new prototype & write pattern
2. Little Man's Baby Blanket *started* - write pattern
3. Paradiddle Socks - need prototype & write pattern
4. Pacific Waves Hat *started* - need another prototype & write pattern
5. Fall in San Francisco *started* - need another prototype & write pattern
6. Stormageddon's Baby Blanket - need prototype & write pattern
7. Cabled pullover (grey look-alike sweater) - need sketch, grading, swatch, prototype, & write pattern
8. Christmas stocking for Little Man - need charts, prototype, & write pattern (maybe)
9. Christmas stocking for Stormageddon - need charts, prototype, & write pattern (maybe)
10. Christmas stocking for Husband - need charts, prototype, & write pattern (maybe)
1. Finish up the Frene Creek Farm Corriedale (see also: WIPs)
2. Miss Babs BFL
3. Sandy's Palette Merino/Silk (1)
4. Sandy's Palette Merino/Silk (2)
5. Faerie Mountain Fibers Crazy Batt
6. Wash & start processing Alpaca fleece from Lambtown
7. Wash & start processing Merino fleece from Lambtown
1. Stitch markers
2. Make sure my vintage patterns are in Ravelry (Workbasket magazines, leaflets, etc.)
In California life......this week was a bit of a whirlwind. Husband had come down with strep again, which meant he stayed home from work on Monday. The nice thing is that he wasn't so sick he couldn't handle Stormageddon for a bit. So, I walked Little Man to school. It was sunny when we left the house. After he was dropped off, the sky got dark, the heavens opened up.......and I got caught in a hailstorm. ::sigh::
At least there was a double rainbow to show for it. Husband got Stormageddon in the car and picked me up.
Most of the rest of the week kind of happened in a blur. Stormageddon still isn't sleeping all that well and he's taken to coming out of his room and banging on our door. And then he wants to watch TV, or, as he says when we're walking back through the house to his room, "show?" No, little boy, it's the middle of the night, we're not watching a damn show! So, sleepless nights mean blurry days.
I'm sure we went out and did things, went to the gym, spent time around the house...the usual things. I know we went to Target one day and this happened:
I couldn't get either of them to look at the camera at the same time. I tried. I have one where Little Man is looking but Stormageddon is not and vice verse. So, this one sums it up very well.
There was also the day Stormageddon took his bins out and dumped them. ::sigh:: Silly boy.
Friday was kind of rough. The morning did not start out well. Little Man was refusing to get himself moving so I yanked him out of his shirt and he would not step out of his underwear/pants so I tossed him in the shower with those hanging around his ankles. I did a lot of yelling Friday morning. He apologized for being a pain in the ass and I apologized for being a little too harsh with him. So, I thought things were going to be fine. I took Stormageddon across the street from the school to the cafe because I had an auction committee meeting. Things were fine. Stormageddon was fine in the stroller (amazingly), I was able to pay attention to most of what was happening.......but around an hour and a half, I started losing him. I gave him my phone, which seemed to pacify him for the moment. And then I looked over and he was throwing up. It was not pleasant. Since we were walking, I had a barefoot, jacketless, puke-covered two year old that screamed our entire tenish minute walk home. It was not pleasant. I stripped him down the second we got inside the house and threw his clothes in the washer, him in the shower.......and since the stroller was also covered, that got a bath as well. It was not fun. The upside is that he's not sick. I think he just had too much milk and it upset his tummy.
After all that......yeah.
Oh, and Stormageddon wanted to take some selfies yesterday morning. What I was trying to get him to do was make his "angry face," which is absolutely hilarious. He folds his arms across his chest, pulls his eyebrows together and looks up at me, almost like he's rolling his eyes upwards....but then he's smiling because he can't help himself. It's so cute. But I couldn't get him to do it. So, I have these instead.
In addition to the photos, I have a great video I took yesterday, as well. I was trying to get Stormageddon to say, "fish" which sounds suspiciously like, "shit." He also made his angry face in the video.
I hope you're all having a lovely weekend :) I'll hopefully be back this week with.........something? Maybe? We'll see what happens :)