Happy Sunday :) I would hope that by now you know why you're here so I'm not going to go over it. Let's just get moooooving...
Finished Objects (FOs):
1. Pussy Hat: started January 10, 2017; finished January 16, 2017
2. Hermione's Everyday Socks (v2): started November 14, 2016; finished January 28, 2017
3. Frene Creek Farm Corriedale (spinning): started October 12, 2016; finished January 16, 2017
4. Pikachu Hat: started February 3, 2017; finished February 10, 2017
5. Trusty (v2): started December 22, 2016; finished February 24, 2017
6. Pussy Hat: started February 13, 2017; finished February 27, 2017
7. Pussy Hat: started March 2, 2017; finished March 8, 2017
8. Pussy Hat: started March 9, 2017; finished March 21, 2017
9. Pussy Hat: started March 21, 2017; finished March 30, 2017
10. FlockSock Yarn #1: started April 5, 2017; finished April 5, 2017
11. FlockSock Yarn #2: started April 5, 2017; finished April 5, 2017
12. #initiateknitdesign challenge from ArohaKnits: started April 3, 2017; finished April 11, 2017
13. Knit Picks Bare Palette Fingering: started April 9, 2017; finished April 9, 2017
14. Malabrigo Rios: started April 9, 2017; finished April 9, 2017
15. Nashua Creative Focus Superwash: started April 9, 2017; finished April 9, 2017
16. Pussy Hat: started April 13, 2017; finished April 30, 2017
17. Pussy Hat: started April 30, 2017; finished May 13, 2017
18. Messed Up Moss: started January 4, 2017; finished May 17, 2017
19. Pussy Hat: started May 19. 2017; finished May 23, 2017
20. Pussy Hat: started May 24, 2017; finished May 26, 2017
21. Baby Pussy Hat: started May 26, 2017; finished May 26, 2017
22. Pussy Hat: started May 26, 2017; finished May 26, 2017
23. Bugga Bare (2 matching): started June 3, 2017; finished June 4, 2017
24. Bugga Bare: started June 3, 2017; finished June 4, 2017
25. Bugga Bare: started June 3, 2017; finished June 4, 2017
26. Malabrigo Twist: started June 3, 2017; finished June 4, 2017
27. Malabrigo Twist: started June 3, 2017; finished June 4, 2017
23. Vanilla Socks: started March 30, 2017; finished June 8, 2017
24. Stormageddon's Vest: started October 17 2016; finished June 9, 2017
Oh hey....look at that. I finished a couple projects. And I managed an FO Friday post about the Pussy Hats (here)......finally. And now I have to do another one. ::sigh:: I suppose I should maybe wash the socks first, right? Maybe the vest, too...and modeled shots, of course. I mean, that would only make sense. And I don't think I ever talked about the scarf either, did I? The Messed Up Moss scarf? Yeah, I think I missed that one, too......
And then there's the dyeing that happened last Saturday, which I neglected to mention last week. They weren't fully finished until Sunday, however. I put them in the steamer to set the dye on Saturday night and I pulled them on Sunday morning, laid them out, photographed them, and gave them a soak. And I did it right because there was only a minimal amount of dye left in the sink (and it was a slight greyish color, meaning it came from the black). Proper photos and probably an FO Friday post about that will also be forthcoming. I think.
1. Wink: started January 5, 2015
2. Oh, She IS a Bad Nut: started August 11, 2016
3. Fall in San Francisco (prototype 3): started October 4, 2016
4. Smooth Operator Socks: started October 13, 2016
5. Morvarch Aardvark: started January 1, 2017
6. Stomping Grounds collection: started February 26, 2017 (no project page)
7. Hat Design: started March 20, 2017
8. BMFA Handpainted Roving: started March 23, 2017
9. Vanillaish Rainbow Socks: started June 1, 2017
10. Twilight Socks (from blanks): started June 8, 2017
With two finishes this week, I've not really worked on much else....except that's kind of a lie. I mean, I started a new sock project and I worked on the rainbow socks and I finished the two projects noted above and I finished the dyeing project from last weekend and.....I'm such a liar.
But, let's talk about these projects......yeah, projects......
So, you might remember that I bought a couple of sock blanks at Stitches West. I decided that because I finished a sock project, it was time to start another one...because I didn't have enough projects going. I thought about winding some sock yarn that I've had or starting from a skein already wound.....and then I thought that I should try one of the sock blanks. I knew where they were hiding so I pulled it out, studied them, and decided that it was time. I couldn't remember if they came as one long repeated sock blank or if they had two strands knitted together and dyed together.....but it turns out that they were two separate sock blanks that were dyed together. I'm not 100% sure I'm in love with sock blanks yet. I tension my yarn strangely (meaning I don't really tension it at all while I'm knitting other than to just hold it in my right hand) so the kinks are a little difficult to navigate. I think it's more a matter of getting used to it rather than actual difficulty. I picked this blank:
It came from Greenwood Fibers. Bonus trivia: I also have a braid of their BFL fiber that I picked up at Lambtown in 2015......which I've not spun (shhh!). So, there are two blanks in there, both approximately 230 yds, and dyed together (not sure how - one on top of the other, side-by-side...no idea). I expect I'll have leftovers but we'll see.
In addition to that, the Rainbow Vanillaish socks have grown. I finished the cuff on the first one and started the not-pattern (because, really, it's not much of a pattern...I'm just doing some ribbing effects). I've not photographed it, partly because I'm lazy and partly because there's not much to see yet.
I also pulled out the Smooth Operator Socks. I'm working on the foot of the first one. I'm not sold on my contrast yarn yet but I'm going to tough it out. The rest of the sock is going to wear like iron...not sure about the cuff, heel, and toe yarn. But, it does have an acrylic content to it so it might be okay.
I briefly thought about Wink and the Bad Nut shawl.....but no real action. Oh well. Someday. Maybe when I'm dead.
17 UFOs in 2017
1. Wink: started January 5, 2015
2. Oh, She IS a Bad Nut: started August 11, 2016
3. Fall in San Francisco (prototype 3): started October 4, 2016
4. Frene Creek Farm Corriedale (spinning): started October 12, 2016; finished January 16, 2017 **DONE**
5. Smooth Operator Socks: started October 13, 2016
6. Stormageddon's Vest: started October 17, 2016 **DONE**
7. Hermione's Everyday Socks (v2): started November 14, 2016; finished January 28, 2017 **DONE**
8. Trusty (v2): started December 22, 2016 **DONE**
9. Design: Susan's Hat
10. Design: Little Man's Baby Blanket
11. Design: Paradiddle Socks (aka Little Drummer Girl)
12. Design: Pacific Waves Hat
13. Design: Fall in San Francisco Hat
14. Stash Inventory (photos, in Rav database) **DONE**
15. Dystopian Novel
16. Doctor Who blanket (1)
17. Doctor Who blanket (2)
5/17 projects finished. It's June. I kind of suck. Oh well.
And in my "OMGLSGWTFBBQ" lists...
Secret Sock Club Bags - Pick a bag at random; do pattern with yarn
1. Scotch & Soda Scarf (using Briar Rose Fibers Wistful, leftover from my Icarus Shawl)
2. Jabberwonky (using KP Felici in Abracadabra)
3. If You Know Where To Go (using KP Felici in Green Veggies)
4. Baby Surprise Jacket (using....htNEVELE something something)
These are the only ones that are currently set up. I have plans to make a few more but we'll see how things go. With all the WIPs and such I have going, this may not be a good idea at this point. Or maybe I'll pull things from the lists below and put them into bags. I don't know.
1. University of Wisconsin Ski Hat (kit)
2. University of Wisconsin Christmas Stocking (kit)
3. University of Wisconsin Button Beanie (kit)
4. Xanadu Snowflake Cowl
5. Unknown Christmas Stocking for Little Man (see also: Designs)
6. Unknown Christmas Stocking for Stormageddon (see also: Designs)
7. Unknown Christmas Stocking for Husband (see also: Designs)
1. Stuffed toy for Miss C (SIL's foster child)
2. Stuffed toy for Mr. K (SIL's foster child)
3. Stuffed toy for Miss E (SIL's adopted daughter)
4. Stuffed toy for TAZ (brother's daughter)
5. Undetermined hat for Little Man
6. Undetermined hat for Stormageddon
7. Mittens for Little Man
8. Mittens for Stormageddon
Items for ME (selfish knitting FTW!):
1. Park Slope (fingering, specifically Mountain Colors Crazy Foot)
2. Worsted weight house socks (worsted, of course - maybe something like Lumberjack)
3. Classic Silk Mayfaire Camisole (Miss Babs Northumbria with modifications)
4. Evangeline (worsted; solid or semi-solid)
5. Lichen (Aran or Sport/DK; solid or semi-solid)
6. Moyen Age (fingering; one of my Vice Yarns? Zen Yarn Garden Serenity 20?)
7. Ginny's Cardigan (DK; solid or semi-solid)
8. Drip Drip Drop (sock; solid or semi-solid)
9. Celtic Myths (worsted; solid)
10. Jag in Garter Stitch (DK; 2 colors)
11. Cobh (fingering; 2 colors)
12. Offhand Lace (bulky; solid or semi-solid)
13. Whitman (DK; any color)
14. Flax (worsted; any color - Misti Alpaca Harry Potter-esque one?)
15. Hoar Frost (Wollmeise that's wound in the bag)
1. 198 Yds of Heaven (worsted; solid)
2. Comfort Food (Aran; solid)
3. Tombreck (worsted; solid or semi-solid)
4. Premie Spiral Hat (DK; any color)
5. Pumpkins & a Pattern (any weight, any color - gauge doesn't matter)
1. Susan's Hat *started* - need new prototype & write pattern
2. Little Man's Baby Blanket *started* - write pattern
3. Paradiddle Socks - need prototype & write pattern
4. Pacific Waves Hat *started* - need another prototype & write pattern
5. Fall in San Francisco *started* - need another prototype & write pattern
6. Stormageddon's Baby Blanket - need prototype & write pattern
7. Cabled pullover (grey look-alike sweater) - need sketch, grading, swatch, prototype, & write pattern
8. Christmas stocking for Little Man - need charts, prototype, & write pattern (maybe)
9. Christmas stocking for Stormageddon - need charts, prototype, & write pattern (maybe)
10. Christmas stocking for Husband - need charts, prototype, & write pattern (maybe)
11. Stomping Grounds collection (everything: charts, prototypes, swatches, etc.) *started*
1. Miss Babs BFL
2. Sandy's Palette Merino/Silk (1)
3. Sandy's Palette Merino/Silk (2)
4. Faerie Mountain Fibers Crazy Batt
5. Wash & start processing Alpaca fleece from Lambtown
6. Wash & start processing Merino fleece from Lambtown
1. Stitch markers
2. Make sure my vintage patterns are in Ravelry (Workbasket magazines, leaflets, etc.)
I feel like this week has been a bit of a whirlwind. That's probably true. I also feel like we haven't been that busy. That's probably not true. Guess we'll find out.....
So, I neglected to mention that Husband and I went out for a fancy dinner last Saturday night (Mourad in San Francisco, if you're curious). When we finished, it was just after 7pm. We had our sitter scheduled until 10pm.....we wound up texting her to see if we could keep her til maybe 11pm and went to see Wonder Woman. I highly recommend seeing it, if you haven't already. It's part of the reason I neglected to mention the yarn dyeing that was done on Saturday...post already written, didn't have time to get back in to edit before it posted. Oh well, whatever.
As a result, Sunday was kind of a lazy day, really. Little Man did insist that I take a photo of him sitting in the chair with Puppy. So, I obliged.
Monday yielded the usual, except for the trip to urgent care at 8pm. Little Man and Stormageddon were running amok in the backyard, I was putting laundry away, Husband was doing something in the kitchen...and Little Man comes into the house, screaming his fool head off about bleeding. He sliced his big toe open on one of the slabs of our slate walkway. So, I cleaned him up in the sink, wrapped his toe up in gauze and tape and goop, and checked him about 20 minutes later to find that he was still bleeding. Sooooo, off to urgent care we go. No stitches or anything, he was cleaned out pretty well by me, but we did get an antibiotic since it was something outside (both oral and topical), and he was supposed to be off gym through the end of the school year (hahahaha!). It yielded some knitting time......
He looks so upset and uncomfortable, doesn't he? Yes, that's Minecraft.
The rest of the week was as normal as it always is. Lots of cleaning, lots of laundry, maybe some knitting.....the usual. I got notification that Little Man is definitely going to summer school, which is not unexpected.
I caught a moment when Little Man's classroom turtles were outside in their little pool. Apparently they've taken to trying to drown the other in an attempt to escape.
I also caught Stormageddon trying to dress himself.
I said, "trying."
Yesterday, however, was an unusual day. When Little Man's school auction happened, Husband and I bid on (and won) an experience. Well, two experiences, actually. One of them was a gift certificate to a restaurant just outside Half Moon Bay, sits right on the ocean, very nice place but you don't have to be fancy to eat there. We didn't do that yesterday. The other thing that came in the auction package was a 4-pass to Elkus Ranch for their Sheep to Shawl event. Elkus Ranch is an educational facility linked to the University of California. In fact, Little Man's class is going there for their field trip on Tuesday. But, we went yesterday for the Sheep to Shawl event. There were many things going on. We fed chickens, we saw one of the sheep getting their haircut (several had it done), we pet bunnies, we visited the goats, the boys played on the playground, and we got to wash and dye some wool. And of course I managed some photos of our adventures.
This guy smiled at us originally but refused to do so when I wanted to take a photo. Booger. Cute anyway.
They had a barn with some of the educational items and the boys were fascinated with the table of various bones.
I haven't photographed the dyed wool but it's not ready anyway (still wet and in the bag we used for dyeing). Maybe I'll post about it when I do my stash enhancement update.....because after we left the ranch, we went to Fengari Yarn and I may or may not have come home with some acquisitions and they may or may not be mostly intended for dyeing.....
Once we got home, I spent some time washing some handknits....meaning recent FOs. I washed Little Man's scarf (Messed Up Moss) and the yarn bled. I was a little surprised since it was an acrylic but I washed it by itself so it's not a big deal. Then I washed Stormageddon's Vest, which also bled a little but it wasn't a whole lot so I threw in the Vanilla Socks after I took the vest out. It was all very exciting :)
Anyway, I hope you're having a lovely weekend :)