Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Friday, July 14, 2017

FO Friday: The PTdF Edition

Happy Friday!

Today's post is brought to you by the Tour de Fleece. Okay, not really. But, the two FOs I'm posting about today were not associated with TdF and I figure I had better get them in before TdF ends because I expect to have a flurry of FOs from TdF. Or, rather, I'm hoping to....we'll see. In other words: I don't want them to get lost in the shuffle.


Enough about TdF....let's get on to today's FO Friday post already!


Bonbon for Miss C (linky to Project Page)
Pattern: Bonbon by Susan Claudino


Time Frame: started June 24, 2017; finished July 6, 2017

Yarn: Cascade 220 Superwash in Vinci (~ 114.4 yds) and a teensy bit of Universal Yarn Cotton Supreme in Ecru (~ 3.6 yds)


Needles: US #5 (3.75 mm) Signature DPNs


Size: Whatever size it came out

Modification(s): None

Thoughts: This pattern is well-written and knit up quickly. The only thing I truly disliked (and it's a "me" issue, not a design/designer issue): starting knitting in the round on a small number of stitches (like 4 sts). I usually have to do it three or four times to get it started correctly without losing a needle or somehow twisting stitches or otherwise being unhappy with what I'm doing. The only thing I had difficulty with otherwise was knowing which leg/arm/ear was which. It's not super important but it will make your joins look cleaner. I think Miss C is really going to like her Christmas present. Well, one of them....

Bonbon's butt because it's cute



Fiber: Blue Moon Fiber Arts Handpainted Roving in Puck's Mischief


From: Picked up in a destash from a lovely woman in Sunnyvale


Time Frame: started March 23, 2017; finished June 23, 2017

This & That: Mostly random spinning, some from the fold, some pre-drafted, some with the little schlubs stuck in there (annoyingly), nothing overly consistent.


Yarn Information: Most likely a DK weight based on skein weights and yardage but it's a bit thick-n-thin so there may be heavier or lighter spots. The first skein was ~ 324 yds & 107 g; the second was ~ 328 yds & 120 g; and the mini-skein was ~ 14 yds & 4 g, for a grand total of 666 yds & 231 g (which is about 8.5 oz)


Thoughts: I'm not 100% sure of the fiber content, though I suspect it's either BFL, a BFL blend, or possibly Polwarth. Regardless, I know it's a non-superwash wool, which suits me just fine. I have plenty of yardage for a few items or maybe one big item, though I'm not sure what I'll make. I spun part of this yarn for Little Man's school's Maker Faire so I may make something for the school auction...we'll see. It was a lovely fiber to spin and I'm glad I have some more hanging out in my stash :)



Anyway, I hope you're having a lovely Friday! I might be back tomorrow with a Stash Enhancement post....and then on Sunday for my Year of Projects post....and maybe sometime early next week with my latest dyeing adventures :)

1 comment:

  1. OMGosh! BonBon is so cute. I like how the limbs are thin and thick which gives it that baby vibe.

    ReplyDelete