Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Friday, December 22, 2017

FO Friday: POST ALL THE THINGS!

It appears I've been severely lax on posting for FO Friday. So, today's post brought to you by ALL THE THINGS!

The last FO Friday I posted was at the beginning of August (here). Oops. I guess I need to get with it.


So, I guess, let's work from August forward.....


Link to Project Page (Unnamed Hat)

Pattern: Unnamed Hat by me (yes, it's still currently unnamed)
Time Frame: started August 14, 2017; finished August 24, 2017
Yarn: Malabrigo Chunky in Blue Surf (light blue) and something else (the blue variegated); 97 yds total (unknown of each amount)
Needles: US #8 (5 mm) and US #10 (6 mm)
Size: Fits my head...
Modification(s): None as it's my pattern
Thoughts: This is still in the design process. The pattern is easily manipulated for various sizes and yarn weights. I just haven't written it yet. I picked up the yarn quite awhile ago, while we were still living in Wisconsin, at Stitches Midwest (probably 2011). It was made into my Freeport Vest, which I never wore, and from which I reclaimed the yarn. I still have a few skeins of the yarn in my stash that hadn't been used....and some that was reclaimed. Oh well.


Link to Project Page (Veggie Socks)

Pattern: Veggie Socks by me
Time Frame: started July 6, 2017; finished September 8, 2017
Yarn: Knit Picks Felici in Green Veggies - approximately 54 g
Needles: US #1.5 (2.5 mm) - two circulars
Size: to fit me
Modification(s): None, as there really isn't a pattern.
Thoughts: These were going to be longer socks and I decided I needed a pair of short socks. I was really hoping I could get one pair out of one ball of Felici, which come in 50 g balls (218 yds)....but I used 26 or 27 g on the first sock. I suppose if I had left out a few rounds I could have gotten away with one ball, which is good to know. The basic pattern was: 25 rounds of 2x2 ribbing, 25 rounds of stockinette, heel flap/gusset, double gusset heel decrease, stockinette foot, kitchener toe. Nothing fancy. I might make another pair and try to squeak out a pair from one ball of Felici. We'll see.


Link to Project Page (Wasabi for Mr. K)

Pattern: Wasabi by Susan Claudino
Time Frame: started September 17, 2017; finished September 25, 2017
Yarn: Cascade 220 Superwash Paints in Moss Agate
Needles: US #4 (3.5 mm)
Size: Whatever size it came out
Modification(s): The only modification I made was that I made the eyes out of felt rather than safety eyes.
Thoughts: I really like Susan's patterns. They're well-written and well-executed. There are a few things that can be fiddly (like starting out with a small number of stitches on DPNs, for example) but the result is adorable. I'm really hoping that my sister-in-law's foster son likes this (he will, I'm sure).


Link to Project Page (Baby Hat Prototype)


Pattern
: Baby Hat Prototype by me (this is also the same pattern as the Unnamed Hat above)
Time Frame: started October 23, 2017; finished October 31, 2017
Yarn: leftover bits of Knit One Crochet Too BabyBoo (light blue brim), Cascade 220 (dark blue), Anzula For Better or Worsted (blue-grey), and Universal Cotton Supreme (white)
Needles: US #3 (3.25 mm) and US #6 (4 mm)
Size: Um....well.......see "Thoughts"
Modification(s): None as it's my pattern
Thoughts: This was supposed to be a baby hat and while it does fit Stormageddon, it also fits me. Sooooo.....work to be done, I suppose. Oops. It works and that's really all we care about around here.


Link to Project Page (Vanillaish Rainbow Socks)

Pattern: Vanillaish Rainbow Socks by me
Time Frame: started June 1, 2017; finished November 17, 2017
Yarn: Knit Picks Palette Bare, dyed by me
Needles: US #1.5 (2.5 mm) - two circulars
Size: Mine
Modification(s): None since it's my pattern
Thoughts: I had absolutely no idea how this yarn was going to knit up after I dyed it and, honestly, I don't know if I can replicate it. But, the socks are squishy and lovely and I wear them frequently so, I suppose that qualifies as a win.


Link to Project Page (Rastarmulke)

Pattern: Rastarmulke by me
Time Frame: started November 20, 2017; finished November 21, 2017
Yarn: Knit Picks Brava Worsted in Black, Grass, Canary, and Red (41 yds total - specific numbers can be found on my project page)
Needles: US #6 (4 mm)
Size: Thom sized?
Modification(s): None, because there really wasn't a pattern to begin with.
Thoughts: I looked at Yarmulke patterns and none of them were right. Since he was very specific in what he wanted (Rasta colors), and I had the yarn on hand, I knew I was limited in an already limited search. So, I wound up making it up and it was perfect. Everything I was finding was either for fingering weight or sport weight or was lacy or the directions weren't very good. Making it up was the best thing I did. And he wears it. A lot.


Link to Project Page (Mittens for Little Man)

Pattern: I borrowed measurements from the Waiting for Winter Mittens by Susan B. Anderson
Time Frame: started November 25, 2017; finished December 2, 2017
Yarn: Loops & Threads Woolzee in Crimson
Needles: US #8 (5 mm) DPNs
Size: Little Man sized
Modification(s): I only borrowed measurements from the pattern listed above. I basically had to wing everything else as I was using super bulky yarn (the pattern is written for worsted, I believe) and they were for Little Man (age 7).
Thoughts: These went by super quick. I'll probably have to make another pair (for Stormageddon). I might consider shortening the cuff. They went about halfway up Little Man's arm (which is fine if they're being worn under a coat properly but he usually pulls them over the cuffs on his sweatshirt, which looks strange).


Link to Project Page (Bugle for Miss E)

Pattern: Bugle the Baby Elephant by Susan Claudino
Time Frame: started December 3, 2017; finished December 8, 2017
Yarn: htNEVELE Designs Worsted Weight in Reverie (63.8 yds)
Needles: US #5 (3.75 mm)
Size: Whatever size it came out
Modification(s): The only thing I did differently was that I used embroidery floss instead of safety eyes.
Thoughts: Again, Susan Claudino's patterns are wonderfully written. The only fiddly thing is starting with a small number of stitches on DPNs. The end result is so cute that I don't mind the little bit of fiddly that happens. I hope my sister-in-law's adopted daughter loves it (and I'm sure she will).


Link to Project Page (BooYah)

Pattern
: Belfry & Boo-Yah by Susan Claudino
Time Frame: started September 25, 2017; finished December 10, 2017
Yarn: Cascade 220 Superwash Paints in Moss Agate
Needles: US #4 (3.5 mm) DPNs
Size: Whatever size it came out
Modification(s): Aside from using embroidery floss instead of safety eyes, the only other modification I made was that I started the arms using a different number of stitches (but increased accordingly to accommodate the difference and continued as instructed).
Thoughts: Again, Susan Claudino pattern. I've said plenty about them already. I think when I make this one again, I'm going to put a nylon with some pellets on the bottom so it sits properly. I'm beyond embarrassed that this project sat finished from October 7-December 10, when I finally put the face on, which took me all of ten minutes. But, it's adorable. Both boys have tried to claim it.




I think that catches me up from August until now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment