Anyway, let's get started!
FOs (Finished Objects)
1. Adare: started 30 December 2017; finished 5 January 2018
2. Luck o' the Irish Cowl: started 31 December 2017; finished 14 January 2018
Nothing new to see here. Move along :) Again.
WIPs (Works-in-Progress) These are carried over from the last Year of Projects....or longer.
1. Wink: started 5 January 2015
2. Oh, She Is a Bad Nut: started 11 August 2016
3. Smooth Operator Socks: started 13 October 2016
4. Stomping Grounds Collection: started 26 February 2017
5. Hat Design: started 20 March 2017
6. Garter Stitch Baby Blanket: started 6 July 2017
7. Unnamed Hat Design: started 14 August 2017
8. Shetland Neck Wool (support spindle): started 8 September 2017
9. Gamer Bag: started 28 September 2017
10. Paradiddle Prototype: started 19 October 2017
11. Returning: started 14 January 2018
12. Rasta Scarf: started 19 January 2018
I'm not even going to lie: I only knit on the Rasta Scarf this week. I've hit the halfway point, though, so I've got that going for me...which is nice.
But that's it for actual knitting. I did plan for Ravellenics but those are plans and I tend to fail spectacularly with even the best laid plans.....but I planned :)
1. Stuffed toy for my Devil Niece (so-called because her initials are TAZ)
2. Undetermined hat for Little Man
3. Undetermined hat for Stormageddon
4. Mittens for Stormageddon
5. Oliver for Stormageddon (worsted weight - needs 3 colors, would need to buy...maybe do it with 2)
6. Lancelot for Little Man (worsted weight - green Plymouth Encore)
7. Dandy Sir Cephalopod (worsted weight - Red Creek blue, probably for #1 on this list)
Items for ME (selfish knitting FTW!)
1. Brickless (worsted - Miss Babs Yowza in "Celebration") *
2. Honey Badger (fingering - BMFA STR L - one of the ones from Carrie)
3. Park Slope (fingering - Mountain Fibers Crazyfoot)
4. Maya's Shawl (bulky - Plucky Silk Merino Aran)
5. Companion Mitts (fingering - BMFA STR orange from Carrie) *
6. Forest Cardi (worsted - Baah Shasta in "London Blue" and....something....)
7. Flax (worsted - Cascade 220 in "Royal Blue" or Misti Alpaca Harry Potter color)
8. Jag in Garter Stitch (fingering - KP Palette grey and Artfibers Carezza)
9. Reichenbach (fingering - AVFKW Slick or BMFA STR-M in "Vintage")
10. Sockhead (fingering - Madelinetosh Merino Light)
11. Moab (fingering - Wollmeise in "Lavender")
12. Pumpkin Pie (DK - Kangaroo Dyer orange)
13. Age of Brass & Steam (DK - Berroco Comfort DK)
14. Anne's Sweater (sport - Artfibers something)
15. Moyen Age (fingering - Vice special order either grey or green)
1. Pop Blanket (worsted - may need to order some yarn for this)
2. University of Wisconsin Ski Hat kit
3. University of Wisconsin Christmas Stocking kit
4. University of Wisconsin Button Beanie kit
5. Xandu Snowflake Cowl (fingering - two contrasting colors)
6. Granny Square Blanket (which means I need to learn to crochet)
1. Susan's Hat *started* - need new prototype & write pattern
2. Little Man's Baby Blanket *started* - write pattern
3. Paradiddle Socks *started* - need prototype & write pattern
4. Pacific Waves Hat *started* - need another prototype & write pattern
5. Fall in San Francisco *started* - need another prototype & write pattern
6. Stormageddon's Baby Blanket - need prototype & write pattern
7. Cabled pullover (grey look-alike sweater - Old Navy hooded sweater with cable) - need sketch,
grading, swatch, prototype, & write pattern
8. Christmas stocking for Little Man - need charts, prototype, & write pattern (maybe)
9. Christmas stocking for Stormageddon - need charts, prototype, & write pattern (maybe)
10. Christmas stocking for Husband - need charts, prototype, & write pattern (maybe)
11. Stomping Grounds collection *started* - need everything: charts, prototypes, swatches, etc.
1. AVFKW Merino Silk
2. Abstract Fiber Merino Tencel
3. Allons-Y Fiber Arts 18.5 Micron Merino
4. Allons-Y Fiber Arts Merino, Trilobal Nylon, Silk
5. Alpaca (from Lambtown 2014)
6. Ambrosia & Bliss Rambouillet Top
7. Anne's Fiber Expressions
8. Ashland Bay Fiber Merino Top
9. BMFA Handpainted Roving
10. Bramble Wool Farm Shetland Wool
1. Malabrigo Nube fiber
2. Gaia (worsted)
3. Euro Sock 6-ply
4. Whatever else I find in the bag...I have a bag...or maybe a couple of bags....
Other Fibery Endeavors
1. Stitch markers
2. Vintage patterns into Rav database
3. Inventory of books & loose patterns (update)
4. Inventory of PDF patterns (update)
5. Update yarn inventory (make sure it's up-to-date)/destash
6. Inventory project bags (Erin Lane, I'm looking at you)
This week has been busy. I feel like I've been saying that every week lately. That's probably true. So far, we've managed to avoid the flu around here. Some of Little Man's classmates and friends have dropped like flies but we're okay so far. Well, at least as far as the flu is concerned. I, on the other hand, have been dealing with some stomach issues. I'm suspecting gallstones, because it doesn't feel like heartburn but it's in the same area in my stomach, right under the bottom of my sternum. It's not painful, yet, but it's not comfortable. Of course, it could be my body's reaction to stress. I don't know for sure. And before you ask, yes, I've been to the doctor and yes, I've had blood work done. The ultrasound is next. I think. All I know is that I'm not feeling right but I'm not in pain. So boo on all that.
We've had a few little adventures this week. We found one of the caterpillars in the process of making a cocoon.
Little Man also made a haunted mansion out of Legos this week. He's named it the Whisper Mansion. He caught me watching the trailer for Winchester and was a little curious. Turns out the Winchester Mansion is just down the road in San Jose and it also turns out that he's definitely my child: he wants to go to the haunted house with me. He's been talking about it all week. We just need to find a time to go.
In the meantime, Lego Haunted Mansion of some sort. The little black squares on the right are gravestones. On the other side (which is the front), he made a ghost that hangs over the front door. Yeah. So much my child...
We also put the circus tent together. Actually I didn't have anything to do with it and I've not been fussed enough to take it back apart again. It was Little Man's. Actually, it's still Little Man's but he lets Stormageddon play as well.
I've mentioned that Little Man likes selfies, right? He seems to do better with them.
During one of our afternoon walks to school, we stopped to talk to one of the neighbors. I inquired about an outdoor kitty they had that we hadn't seen in awhile. Apparently, said kitty unadopted them and moved to a house a block or so away. Who knew cats could do that? The boys loved that kitty. She was a very sweet kitty but, like I said, we hadn't seen her in awhile and the last time we did see her, she was oddly skittish. She used to try to follow us home and loved having pets. So, imagine our surprise when we found her the next morning on our walk back home from school (just Stormageddon and I).
I had to coax her to come out but she enjoyed some pets and attention. She was still a little skittish, though.
In other random events, Friday was Groundhog Day, which meant we imbibed in our yearly tradition of watching Groundhog Day. We had friends over, we watched the movie, and all was well. While we were outside saying our goodbyes to our friends and petting snails, Little Man fell asleep in our bed.
And yes, I did say that I was petting snails.
Yesterday, Husband brewed beer, I went to the clinic about my stomach, and I did a little painting.
Just a reminder that I'm fabulous. It's a suncatcher ornament thing that I picked up in the dollar bins at Target a couple of weeks ago. It came with three colors, and white was not one of them. It came with a purple, pink, and yellow. We had the white from another project kit so I used it. It worked just fine.
So, based on the photos, it doesn't look like we were all that busy this week but I was busy. We're into crunch time for the auction so I've been working with our spreadsheets and sending emails and answering questions and I honestly think I started to go cross-eyed. That was my "busy" this week. And I didn't even have any meetings (until tonight). ::sigh::
Anyway, I hope you've all had a lovely weekend :)