Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Sunday, May 10, 2020

Year NINE: Self-Imposed Year of Projects - Happy Mother's Day (Update #19)

Happy Sunday! If you're in the US and you qualify, Happy Mother's Day! Let's get going, yeah?



FOs (Finished Objects):
1. Ewetopia Stripey Socks: started 15 November 2018; finished 29 January 2020
2. Tiny Turtle: started 7 November 2019; finished 30 January 2020
3. Mirkwood: started 9 February 2020; finished 17 February 2020
4. Campfire Socks: started 17 October 2018; frogged 9 April 2020

Still close but still nothing yet. ::sigh::



WIPs (Works-in-Progress) (These are carried over year to year if needed):
1. Wink: started 5 January 2015
2. Shetland Neck Wool (support spindle): started 8 September 2017
3. Returning: started 14 January 2018
4. Faerie Mountain Fibers Crazy Batt (EEW Mini): started 13 April 2018
5. Granny Square Blanket: started 28 April 2018
6. UW Ski Hat: started 11 July 2018
7. Abracadabra Socks: started 7 August 2018
8. Purl & Loop Weaving Project: started 28 August 2018
9. Herbivore: started 15 November 2018
10. Multi-Colored Merino Top (Viktor): started 16 January 2019
11. Prototype Something Something Raindrops: started 11 April 2019
12. Sockhead: started 8 January 2020
13. Baby Yoda: started 14 March 2020

Interestingly, I worked on quite a few things this week. I pulled out my granny square blanket squares on Saturday during a car trip. I finished a square and started another one, which was delightful. I also worked on my Abracadabra Socks. I finished up the leg of the second sock so I'm ready to start the heel flap in the contrast color. My Sockhead came out and I worked a bit on that. Stormageddon tried it on and I think it's going to become his. It was supposed to be for an adult but here we are. And, of course, I worked on the Baby Yoda sweater. I've finished attaching the arms and the body of the sweater so I'm ready to start the collar. I've had to do some math here and there because there were a few things that were off about the sweater. Nothing major and I suspect it was caught when the designer had it tech edited before putting up the paid pattern (I have the original free pattern)...but I've had to run the math a couple times to make sure I'm right (I am!). 

So, hopefully next week I'll have a new FO, which is good because my sister-in-law is only getting bigger. 




OMFGLSGWTFBBQ Lists


Design WIPs:

1. Messed Up Moss: started March 2009 - write pattern as PDF (iterations: firstsecond)
2. Susan's Hat: started 31 August 2010 - need new prototypes & write the pattern (iterations: firstsecondthirdminififthsixth)
3. Little Man's Baby Blanket: started July 2010 - need new prototype & write pattern (iteration: here)
4. Chunky Scarf: started 6 October 2012 - need new prototype & write pattern (iteration: here)
5. Pacific Waves Hat: started 9 March 2016 - need new prototype & write the pattern (iterations: firstsecondthird)
6. Fall in San Francisco: started 18 September 2016 - need new prototype & write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
7. Stomping Grounds Collection: started 26 February 2017 - need prototypes & write patterns 
8. Unnamed Hat Design: started 14 August 2017 - need various weight yarn prototypes & write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
9. Rastarmulke: started 20 November 2017 - write pattern (iterations: firstsecond)
10. Paradiddle Socks: started 19 October 2017 - write pattern (iteration: here)


Children's Items:

1. Oliver for Stormageddon (worsted weight - Stunning String Studio from Stitches West 2018)
2. Minecraft Socks for Little Man (fingering weight - Tosh Sock in Plaid Blanket?)
3. Honey Badger: (worsted weight - black & white acrylic I have banging around the stash)*
4. Mittens for Stormageddon (worsted weight probably)
5. I Love Stockinette Baby Bibs (worsted - cotton, acrylic, something)



Items for ME (Selfish Knitting FTW!):
1. Autopilot (worsted weight - Sincere Sheep Cormo Worsted or htNEVELE Worsted in Reveire)
2. Rose's Wrist Warmers (DK weight - using Aran instead; hand-dyed Malabrigo Twist?)
3. Perianth (fingering weight - Knitcircus Trampoline in The Whole Enchilada)
4. Pembroke Scarf (fingering weight - Fresh From the Cauldron Schoodic Sock in Sookie)
5. Flax (worsted weight - Misty Alpaca in the Harry Potter colors)
6. Park Slope (fingering weight - Mountain Fibers Crazyfoot in Shamrock)
7. Socks (fingering weight - I have tons...pick something!)
8. Washcloths/chewcloths (worsted weight - cotton)
9. Sockhead (fingering - I have tons...pick something!)


Designs:
1. Christmas Stocking for Husband
2. Christmas Stocking for Little Man
3. Christmas Stocking for Stormageddon
4. Baby Blanket


Spinning:
4. Alpaca (from Lambtown 2014)
5. Fiberlady.com 100% Bamboo 


Dyeing:

1. Sock Blanks
2. Anything else I find along the way


Other Fibery Endeavors:

1. Create project bag inventory
2. Update library inventory (on Ravelry)
3. Update stash inventory (on Ravelry)
4. Stitch markers
5. Destash as necessary
6. Stash Fit



I'm unsure if this is going to be a photoless post or not. Blogger has changed a few things (everything!) and now I'm having difficulty with uploading photos. So, we'll see how things turn out. Just a warning...not that i have a lot of photos to begin with.

Photos added on Monday, May 11th, 2020 once I discovered the "Classic Blogger" feature and could use the old platform. Anything added will be in italics.

For the most part, this week was as "normal" as we could be under Shelter-In-Place orders. The boys had their schoolwork and meetings, Husband had to work, I had to work, and at some point, grocery shopping needed to happen. Not exciting! 





Little Man has been forbidden to make weapons out of stones and sticks in the yard so he's reverted to cardboard. Much less effective but also less harmful to his brother or his toes.




Stormageddon was having a meeting with his speech therapist when I took this photo. I couldn't get him to sit up properly but he was doing his work so I call that a win.

We did see a lizard yesterday, which was exciting...not that I can show you photos! (seriously, Blogger, get it together!) The boys also went swimming, which was much needed for their energy levels. And Little Man continued his quest to be the ultimate Kitty Whisperer. We were told this particular cat had never been around kids and was skittish (it took one of the owners three months before said kitty would go near him for any pets)....nope, Little Man sat down in a chair and coaxed the kitty to him, where he was able to pet her. Took him all of about ten minutes. I even have photos. But, dammit Blogger.....

::sigh::

Otherwise, things have been going on much the same. I don't know what else I can say about that. I hope you've had a good week and weekend and maybe next week Blogger will be more agreeable with the photos. 

More photos!





Kitty Whisperer.




The lizard.






Stormageddon fell asleep on the way home. He's not quite sure how to do it in my new car yet. 





The boys needed to get rid of some very pent up energy. 



Hoooray, I figured out how to get around the photo thing!

3 comments:

  1. Too bad you're having issues loading photos. I too, am on blogger but have not had an issue with photos. But then I load them into a folder and then upload them to my blog post. Gosh, I hope you get your issues straightened out. You have some great photos each week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your boys are getting so tall! Love the lizard picture. I am on blogger and haven't experienced the changes yet. I hope they keep classic blogger around - I don't do well with change these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Storm needs one of those belt pillows; this would be perfect for him. I like how he's able to do speech work via Zoom.

    ReplyDelete