FOs (Finished Objects)
1. Adare: started 30 December 2017; finished 5 January 2018
2. Luck o' the Irish Cowl: started 31 December 2017; finished 14 January 2018
3. Rasta Scarf: started 19 January 2018; finished 10 February 2018
4. Rastarmulke (v2): started 10 February 2018; finished 10 February 2018
5. Gamer Bag: started 28 September 2017; frogged 16 February 2018
6. Oh, She Is a Bad Nut: started 11 August 2016; frogged 16 February 2018
7. Garter Stitch Baby Blanket: started 6 July 2017; finished 3 April 2018
8. Pattern submission: started 19 March 2018; finished 3 April 2018
9. Tiny Narwhal: started 5 April 2018; finished 6 April 2018
10. Tiny Narwhal: started 5 April 2018; finished 6 April 2018
11. Hat for Little Man: started 19 April 2018; finished 27 May 2018
12. River's Edge Fiber Arts Falkland Merino (wheel): started 19 May 2018; finished 2 June 2018
13. Smooth Operator Socks: started 13 October 2016; finished 12 June 2018
14. MaryAnn Wool (wheel): started 9 July 2018; finished 12 July 2018
15. Malabrigo Nube (wheel): started 12 July 2018; finished 20 July 2018
16. Paradiddle Prototype: started 19 October 2017; finished 31 July 2018
17. Frankensocks: started 1 March 2018; finished 2 August 2018
I made actual progress on weaving in ends on my Frankensocks....but not enough so I can wear them. Soon. Well...maybe.
WIPs (Works-in-Progress) These are carried over from the last Year of Projects....or longer.
1. Wink: started 5 January 2015
2. Stomping Grounds Collection: started 26 February 2017
3. Hat Design: started 20 March 2017
4. Unnamed Hat Design: started 14 August 2017
5. Shetland Neck Wool (support spindle): started 8 September 2017
6. Returning: started 14 January 2018
7. Faerie Mountain Fibers Crazy Batt (EEW Mini Spinner): started 13 April 2018
8. Granny Square Blanket (1): started 28 April 2018
9. Clapotis: started 29 June 2018
10. Safari Duo - Ella the Elephant: started 11 July 2018
11. University of Wisconsin Ski Hat: started 11 July 2018
12. Abracadabra Socks: started 7 August 2018
13. Age of Brass & Steam Shawl: started 10 August 2018
14. Purl & Loop Weaving Project: started 28 August 2018
15. Sockhead: started 11 September 2018
Because I don't have enough WIPs, I started a Sockhead using the first sock blank I ever dyed. It's going to look like clown barf and I'm going to wear it soooooooo much. It's red, purple, and yellow speckled and I dyed it with reckless, drunken abandon. Or not. I'm still in the middle of ribbing hell but it's a start.
I took this photo yesterday in full sunlight....and the wind kept trying to blow everything away. But, I got the photo. You can also see that the yarn is kinky. I wound up unraveling the sock blank into a cake and I'm working from the cake. It's fine.
In addition to that, I worked a couple rows on my Age of Brass & Steam shawl. It's growing. I'm still tossed whether I can get a full five repeats out of the yarn. I'd rather not have to go hunting for a fourth skein. I mean, I can....it's not a discontinued yarn (for once!) but I'd rather not have to. You know what I mean.
Outside of those two projects, I received a package from England that contained my extra yarn in a kit so I can finish up the elephant (Ella the Elephant) for my niece. Actually, I received two of those. I also got two more kits in that package, with patterns for other toys. If I had lived in England, I would have gotten them for free......buuuuut, I don't and they don't actually ship to the US. I had a friend receive the order in England and I paid him the shipping to me, which was only about $15. It took a bit to get here but it's here and I can work on that project.
1. Undetermined hat for Stormageddon
2. Mittens for Stormageddon
3. Oliver for Stormageddon (worsted weight - Stunning String Studio from Stitches West 2018)
4. Lancelot for Little Man (worsted weight - green Plymouth Encore)
5. Dandy Sir Cephalopod (worsted weight - Red Creek blue, maybe)
Items for ME (selfish knitting FTW!)
1. Brickless (worsted - Miss Babs Yowza in "Celebration") *
2. Honey Badger (fingering - BMFA STR L - one of the ones from Carrie)
3. Park Slope (fingering - Mountain Fibers Crazyfoot)
4. Maya's Shawl (bulky - Plucky Silk Merino Aran)
5. Companion Mitts (fingering - BMFA STR orange from Carrie) *
6. Forest Cardi (worsted - Baah Shasta in "London Blue" and....something....)
7. Flax (worsted - Cascade 220 in "Royal Blue" or Misti Alpaca Harry Potter color)
8. Jag in Garter Stitch (fingering - KP Palette grey and Artfibers Carezza)
9. Reichenbach (fingering - AVFKW Slick or BMFA STR-M in "Vintage")
10. Moab (fingering - Wollmeise in "Lavender")
11. Pumpkin Pie (DK - Kangaroo Dyer orange)
12. Anne's Sweater (sport - Artfibers something)
13. Moyen Age (fingering - Vice special order either grey or green)
1. Pop Blanket (worsted - may need to order some yarn for this)
2. University of Wisconsin Christmas Stocking kit
3. University of Wisconsin Button Beanie kit
4. Xandu Snowflake Cowl (fingering - two contrasting colors)
1. Susan's Hat *started* - need new prototype & write pattern
2. Little Man's Baby Blanket *started* - write pattern
3. Paradiddle Socks *started* - need prototype & write pattern
4. Pacific Waves Hat *started* - need another prototype & write pattern
5. Fall in San Francisco *started* - need another prototype & write pattern
6. Stormageddon's Baby Blanket - need prototype & write pattern
7. Cabled pullover (grey look-alike sweater - Old Navy hooded sweater with cable) - need sketch,
grading, swatch, prototype, & write pattern
8. Christmas stocking for Little Man - need charts, prototype, & write pattern (maybe)
9. Christmas stocking for Stormageddon - need charts, prototype, & write pattern (maybe)
10. Christmas stocking for Husband - need charts, prototype, & write pattern (maybe)
11. Stomping Grounds collection *started* - need everything: charts, prototypes, swatches, etc.
1. AVFKW Merino Silk
2. Abstract Fiber Merino Tencel
3. Allons-Y Fiber Arts 18.5 Micron Merino
4. Allons-Y Fiber Arts Merino, Trilobal Nylon, Silk
5. Alpaca (from Lambtown 2014)
6. Ambrosia & Bliss Rambouillet Top
7. Anne's Fiber Expressions
8. Ashland Bay Fiber Merino Top
9. BMFA Handpainted Roving
10. Bramble Wool Farm Shetland Wool
1. Sock Blanks (10) from Vice Yarns
Other Fibery Endeavors
1. Stitch markers
2. Vintage patterns into Rav database
3. Inventory of books & loose patterns (update)
4. Inventory of PDF patterns (update)
5. Update yarn inventory (make sure it's up-to-date)/destash
6. Inventory project bags (Erin Lane, I'm looking at you)
Stormageddon has been coughing and snotting out of his nose for most of the last week and a half, probably closer to two weeks. Unfortunately, it led to a phantom fever and him falling asleep on me at 6pm on Wednesday night. He was perfectly fine on Thursday but, you know, snot and coughing. ::sigh::
Earlier in the week, he wanted to play dress-up in old Halloween costumes. He pulled out his Captain America one from the bin and insisted we work on his selfies.
On Tuesday, he had his swimming lessons and he, like Little Man before him, likes to take silly selfies with mom in the car before we actually go in. Who am I to say no?
He also decided that our Halloween pirates needed some high-fives one afternoon (I think this was Tuesday...might have been Wednesday). We have had our Halloween decorations up since the end of August. We really like Halloween in our house. That's about all I can say about it. I think next year we're going to look for a cheap card table and have the skeletons playing poker or something silly.
I think last week you saw Little Man with his snails. Stormageddon wanted photos with his snails this week. We find quite a few in the mornings, particularly if the sprinklers have been on overnight.
The same day as the snails above, Little Man found this butterfly on our way home from school. It was just sitting on the pavement, not moving, didn't even fly away as we approached. It did fly away afterwards but not when we came up to it.
I caught this photo of Little Man on Friday after school. He and a bunch of his friends were climbing on the school sign out front of his school. I had to zero in on him to avoid getting his friends in the photo. He's such a sweet boy. I think I'm going to keep him.
Outside of all that, I've been doing a lot of yard work this week. I mentioned last week that we were getting a hot tub and that I needed to level out the space where we were putting it. I finished that up on Tuesday this week, after getting more rocks and such. It was delivered on Wednesday and I spent time on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and yesterday getting the trench dug for the electrical. The entire length was about 15.5' long but it was split into an 11' section and a 5.5' section. That wouldn't have been so bad but it also needed to be about 1.5' underground (yes, that's 18") and it needed to be straight because of the pipe going into it where the electrical wire was going to run. We did some of the work with a pressure washer, which was fine and dandy other than it made a HUGE mess of mud. We also had to dig under the water pipes for the sprinkler system. Husband's back can only take so much so I did a lot of that work, as well. Everything finally started catching up with me yesterday and today, I'm in a large amount of pain. Right now would be the perfect time for a hot tub, don't you think!? I'll probably go to the gym and sit in the hot tub there for awhile. Maybe the sauna, as well.
I hope you're all having a lovely week and weekend. My week should maybe get back to normalish this week and then Vogue Knitting Live is next weekend :) Maybe I should finish a project this week so I have it this weekend?