Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

On MKG and other things...

I'm in The Madison Knitter's Guild. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to go to a meeting yet due to my class schedule. They have meetings on the second Monday of every month from 6-8pm.....when I'm stuck in class. So, I have yet to be able to go to a meeting. I'll be able to go come January...pending that my class schedule doesn't go apeshit again and I'm stuck in class on Monday nights again. I'm rather sad about this because I think I could benefit from going...and I can't. If I remember correctly, I'll be able to go next semester to the Guild but I won't be able to go to my Wednesday night knitting group. *sigh* The things I sacrifice for my education.

So, I'm wondering if I should make a unisex baby sweater out of Lionbrand Cotton-Ease...in that spring greenish color. I'm not sure that's a good idea because that's not really a "boy" color (no one knows what they're having)...but I don't want to make it white (because of baby puke and poop and food) and I'm trying to use some of my stash yarn. So, what to do? I don't exactly have the income to go buy more yarn (though that has never stopped me before) and I'd rather use up some of my stash.

Wait.

Maybe I should back up. I have three couples I know of having babies, all within the next few months. Matt and Johanna are having a something...no idea what. I was thinking of making them a hat/blanket/washcloth set that I found. Kyle and Stacey are having Yoda...but they don't know what Yoda is. I was thinking of making them the baby sweater with a matching hat (pending the yarn I use). And then there's Sarah and Ben...and they don't know what they're having either. I was thinking of making them two small blankets (using my cotton stash), one for the baby and one for their 3 year old son (who's totally adorable, by the way). I have a ton of yarn in my stash and I know I should use it for something. However, I want the yarn to be washer/dryer safe (obviously, if it's for kids, this is grand) and I want it to be something that lasts for awhile...the sweater may not last that long so I'm not sure I want to go there. The washcloths and blankets will last. Let's be honest, kids bring their baby blankets with them to kindergarten. And some still have theirs............

I have so much yarn in my stash that is just begging to have something done with it! *grumble*

But, I've been working on my sweater and a washcloth (probably for Matt and Johanna)...and I have those other projects all going on. So...we'll see what happens.


Oh, and randomly, I changed my name with the University today. That was entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment