Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Friday, October 9, 2009

Things...

So, I promised pictures........and I have pictures :)



I originally had to take this photograph for a class (that I'm no longer taking...the "art class"). I took it at Woodland Studios, my LYS. Basically, it's the "Cascade Corner"....this is almost all Cascade 220. I just like this photo :)



This photo is the beginning of my sweater. It's my first sweater and it's probably going to end up a little large (and I'm okay with that). It's from Norah Gaughan/Berroco Fall-Winter 09-10 Collection (Men's). The pattern is called "Devon". Right now, this is just the back. The front has cabling and such. It's made out of Berroco Pervia Quick wool (12 skeins). So far, I'm loving it....







These are my first attempt at socks. I bought sock yarn a zillion years ago with intentions of making a scarf...and then I found HiyaHiya 9" steel-tipped circular needles. And I decided that I'd try my first sock. It's slow-going but I enjoy the mindless ribbing that goes on...at least for now. I'm not sure how the hell to do the gusset/heel but, I'm sure I'll figure it out. I have directions and I can always ask the sock goddesses at Wednesday Night Knitting (and there are a few). So, we'll see......who knows. What's the worst thing that happens? I frog it and start over? Oh well.





This is one of the may scarves I've made in the last year. But it's not done. It's made out of Berroco variegated cotton something (I can't remember what it's called right off-hand). I found the pattern in a book of different stitches and I just kind of threw it together (I had to write the pattern down, first). I'm thinking that, once it's all said and done, that I'll make a PDF and, perhaps, sell this pattern. Or not. We'll see how things go. But, anyway, yeah....my scarf.




This is a close-up of the pattern. I've discovered that I shouldn't knit this while I'm at my Wednesday Night Knitting Group because I have a tendency to drop stitches and screw up the yarn overs. So, there are quite a few mistakes in this scarf....but I'm too lazy to go back and fix them. Besides, no one will notice unless they're nose to yarn with it.

Anyway, those are the projects I have going on right now. I was thinking of casting on another project...but I'm not sure I should right now. However, I do have about three baby items to make, as well as Christmas presents for the family and some of my friends.........so, maybe I'll cast on another project. I don't know. *sigh* Now I have to figure out what I want to make for people.

Is it wrong that I don't want to make anything for anyone else and be selfish with my knitting? I want to make something for ME! Oh, wait.......that's what the sweater's supposed to be. *hrm*

No comments:

Post a Comment