Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Nothing much to say...

I've been quiet as of late. I haven't had much to say, nor much time to say it. So, I'm up early and I have time to write (for once).

We're having Thanksgiving here. This isn't a huge issue...except that the house isn't unpacked (we've been here since January), the wedding gifts aren't put away (since the end of August), I have classes to go to, I have to work, and there just isn't enough time to get it all done. I'm trying, I swear! Brian's parents, sister and brother-in-law, and Megan (my friend) are coming here...plus us. So there will be seven of us in the house. The last time Brian's mom was here, she threw a fit about one of the bathrooms not being clean. The bathroom in question had a huge problem with the toilet. Basically, the wax seal on the toilet wasn't done correctly so the toilet was actually leaking out the bottom. However, it only really leaked when you flushed...so things like pee and poo were getting on the floor (more pee than anything). We knew something was wrong but we weren't entirely sure what. I've been on Brian on and off for the last year to pull that toilet off and re-do the seal...he finally did it last night. So, I hope that's really what the problem was...I'm sure we'll find out in a few days. Unfortunately, I have to mop that bathroom today because it still smells like pee in there. I'm going to have to use bleach because, well, it's pee and I don't like pee. I don't really like bleach either but it's better than pee and that smell goes away in a few days. So, there's that...

Oh, and we had the pleasure of emptying the water heater yesterday. We've noticed a sound in the house that sounds like water dripping...but it's not dripping anywhere (except, perhaps, in the bathroom with the pissy toilet) and it's coming from downstairs. So, we determined it was the water heater. Last night, we hooked up a hose to the water heater spigot and we drained the water heater. The good news: we didn't hear the dripping sound. The bad news: the reason we went to the trouble in the first place is still going on...which means we need to call a plumber in to take a look at the kitchen sink. The kitchen sink doesn't like it when I use a lot of water during the day...running the dishwasher, doing laundry, showering, cleaning...we have no idea what's going on with it. But, that's something that can wait. It's not that it isn't working most of the time...it's just those times that I wish it would work when I'm doing a lot of cleaning. *sigh* Thanksgiving is going to be interesting as far as clean-up goes.

Brian's latest beer, Sunrise Wheat, turned out quite well. It doesn't have that "beer" taste to it as much as beer normally does. Now that we're done with that, we're looking to make hard apple cider. I'm going to Oregon today to pick up a bushel of apples. We bought a juicer just for this reason...well, and fresh juice once in awhile is a good thing. I just don't know where we're going to put a juicer...or the other two things we bought (a turkey roasting pan for the oven and something else...can't remember right now). I'm having a hard enough time putting away what we already have, much less new things.

And, I've been knitting. Not much, but I have been knitting. I worked on my sweater last week...finally. Sue, one of the ladies that comes to Wednesday night knitting, helped me fix a glaring mistake as well as figure out where/how the hell I added a stitch. So that was grand. Unfortunately, Sherri's shawl is not going along as well as it could...it's not that it's going badly but it's slow-going and I wish it could go faster. But, it's going and I think I'll have it done by Christmas...I think...maybe New Years.

Oh well, I have cleaning to do and showers to take and places to go...and class and work. So I need to get moving :)

No comments:

Post a Comment