Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Monday, November 30, 2009

Pulling apart...

I feel like I'm being pulled in too many directions lately.

There are approximately three weeks left in the semester. In the next three weeks, I have two tests to take (Com Dis and 505), three papers to write (Com Dis, 505, and 469), and a final exam paper to write (Ed Pol). I also have reading for all my classes. Oh, and a presentation...which is this week (and I'm actually prepared for). It doesn't sound too taxing...

I have a house to clean. This has been something that has been hanging over me for the last...well...year. I have a whole house that is a disaster area. In January, Brian and I moved into my grandparents house...which still had all of their stuff in it...and we brought my house full of stuff (which included all my mom's stuff, my stuff, and Brian's stuff). And then we got married...and we got even more stuff to try to put in. It's not like the house is small...it's probably 2500-3000 square feet but when you have, essentially, three households worth of stuff as well as leftover business stuff (from my grandparents' business), we're running out of room.

I want to knit. But, because of the two aforementioned activities (school and cleaning), I just don't seem to have enough time. I have gifts to finish! And my sweater. And my bag. And my scarf. And my...well, I have a lot of projects to work on. And NO FRICKIN' TIME!

Brian says that I need to learn to better manage my time. Um...I have my day scheduled out to the hour, every day...just so I can function and get done what I need to get done when it needs to get done. I try. And a lot of things do get done...but not enough, apparently.

I just feel like I'm being pulled apart a the seams and I don't know what to do. Brian wants to help me with the house...but he can't because he doesn't know what is/isn't important to me or what I do/don't want to keep. So, that's basically been left to me...and obviously he can't knit or do my homework.

GAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment