Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Snubbed?

How many of you have been snubbed? How do you deal with it?

I (thought I) was on good terms with someone. Granted, I don't know this person well nor have I known them any overly-long period of time (maybe a year and a half). We used to talk and joke and things were fine. And all of a sudden, I'm not good enough for this person (or something?). I have said "hello" to this person to be outright ignored, even when I was standing/sitting right next to them at the time (i.e., there was no way this person could not have heard me), I have tried to talk to this person only to be outright ignored, and when I finally DO catch this person's attention, they are short and act as though they really don't want to talk to me.

I have no idea what I've done to make this person suddenly feel the need to outright snub me.

I'd rather not call them out on it as the only time I see them is at our knitting group (I'd rather leave the drama llamas at home). I'd rather not send them an e-mail because that seems too impersonal and chicken. However, I would like to know what happened to cause this and if/how it can be fixed. I think this person is wonderful and we could be good friends but I have no idea how to handle this situation.

Or maybe I'm dreaming it and there really isn't anything wrong.

No idea.

1 comment:

  1. Hrm, the best thing I can think of is to ask a mutual friend. Just chose someone that will actually be willing to tell you the truth.

    I've personally only snubbed two people. This one chick kept on hitting on me, after I repeatedly told her I wasn't interested, for a couple of years. She then pretended to have insider knowledge, which bit me in the ass. After a year of trying to politely avoid her at meetings and such, she was following me around an art fair in town, jumping up and down to get my attention, when I snapped and yelled at her to fuck off.

    There is another chick I can't stand, that is friends with my roommate, because she makes it a point to constantly prove how wonderful and smart her boyfriend (who I've heard has been trying to ditch her for the last year since he graduated and moved) is, and is just plain and simply rude and selfcentered. I've been able to avoid her so far because she only seems to contact my roommate when she wants to use our firepit, and there's been that whole "snow" thing for the last few months. But now that it's melting, I'm going to have to reevaluate how much spite I have in me, and if it is really more important than enjoying hiking and such.

    As far as being snubbed, I have very big feet, and an even wider mouth. People tend to form strong opinions of me, whether good or bad, and I often have no clue as to why. So I worry, fret, and stress, and eventually forget. Because I'm a flake. Until something happens that I remember they didn't like me, and repeat. I'm suave that way.

    ReplyDelete