Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Monday, July 19, 2010

Sickies

I've been sick for over a week now. I woke up Sunday to a sore throat, congestion, coughing (and not the nice, quiet kind), and general exhaustion. One of my coworkers got sick a few days prior to that and I think that's probably where I got it (especially considering that almost all the rest of my coworkers with the same age group got it). Sadly, while everyone else was getting better, I proceeded to get worse and worse. I went to get an allergy shot on Tuesday of last week and was told I couldn't have one. My allergist looked me over and said I had a cold and I should wait a day. I had my OB appointment (5 months) the next morning and she said the same thing (BTW: I also got my allergy shot that same day)...just a cold. Either way, I started getting worse. By Thursday morning, I couldn't breathe well, was coughing constantly, was blowing gobs of green, and generally felt like crap. I called my doctor's office and I wound up getting a prescription for a Z-pak. From the sounds of it, I either had bronchitis or a sinus infection (I'm betting a sinus infection, judging by the color of the icky green spewing from my nose). So, I called in to my summer job on Friday and missed Friday night, Saturday night, and Sunday morning at the restaurant. It was a long weekend. Today, I'm at about 85% good...still coughing a bit here and there and there's ick in my throat but I can breathe!

So, hopefully, all is well.

Aside from that, I started working on my baby blanket last week. It's one I'm designing myself so we'll see how it goes. I have an idea of what I want it to look like. I'm hoping that it turns out how my head is envisioning it. When I get somewhere substantial, I'll post pictures. Until then, you're just going to have to wait :)

No comments:

Post a Comment