Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Hats, hats, hats, hats....

I've been working on some self-designed (read: screw-up) hat patterns as of late. The original intent was I was working on a pattern out of one of my books to make a hat for my boss for Christmas. And then...well, let's be honest, I stop paying attention sometimes...I screwed up the pattern and it morphed into the first version of the hat. I wrote up the pattern which was loosely (and I mean very loosely) based on the pattern in the book. I even did gauge and all of that.

Today, I worked on the second version of the hat. Actually...started and finished the second version would be a better description. It took about 5 hours worth of work, including weaving in ends and figuring out gauge. I already had the pattern written...I just needed to see how it would work. I like this version better than the first version, but this version is closer to the original version from the book that I managed to screw up royally.

I'm thinking there's going to be a third version. I know what I want to do...I just have to sit down and figure out how to do the crown (though I suspect that I know what I'm going to do - I just need to get that far first).

After that, you may very well see a post requesting test knitters.

And, at some point, you'll see a post with pictures of these hats.

No comments:

Post a Comment