Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Happy Humpy WIP Day.....er, sumpthin'

In my world, and most of the rest of the world, today is Wednesday. This translates into the middle of the work week...which has been nicknamed "Hump Day." In the knitting/spinning/crocheting/crafting community, Wednesday has also been nicknamed "WIP Wednesday."

For those of you that either (1) don't craft or (2) don't remember, "WIP" stands for Work-In-Progress.

So...my WIPs...

I have several projects on needles. My Ahava Shawl is still on time-out. It was naughty at Knit-In and I haven't touched it since then. I'm going to finish it sometime...it's a lovely shawl and it's not that difficult. I just managed to mess up somewhere...I may wind up starting over and using lifelines like no one's business.

I've also got my Basic Socks going. I've finished the first one and I'm still on the leg of the second one. I just don't have as much time to work on it as I'd like. It's one of those things...once I get to the heel flap, I'm going to have to pay attention. I'm not that far away from it...but far enough that I don't have to worry yet.

Then, of course, is my Cobblestone Baby Blanket...I'm hoping to have it done by Little Man's first birthday in November. It's kind of been sitting. It's not difficult and I haven't had any major problems but it takes me ten minutes to do one row (which is, after all, over 160 sts.). It's not something I can do if I'm watching Little Man too closely. Luckily, it's something that can be easily put down and I know where I am when I pick it back up. But...it's not done.

And my Icarus Shawl...I've seriously been considering ripping this out and using the yarn for something different. I love the shawl pattern and I love the yarn and I do love them together...but I feel like I could use that yarn for something different. So, it's hibernating right now...I'll probably make a decision one of these days.

I've also been making Traveling Vines Socks from a stitch pattern. The intention was that they would be for my parasitic alien, which turned out to be Little Man...and they're kind of lacy and girly. So, I have one sock finished and I'm probably through one repeat of the second one...and I don't know where they're going to go. Maybe I'll just hold on to them and see if someone is going to have a girl...oh, wait, I know someone that will be having a girl.

I've also got a baby hat on needles. I don't have a link to it because (1) it's for the Knitters' Guild Brown Bag Exchange and (2) there isn't a pattern for it of any kind, other than the stitch pattern that I borrowed from the matching sweater (again, has no photos because it's for the BBE).

So....WIP Wednesday.

Oh, and I forgot about my biggest WIP. The biggest WIP I have is the house. Going through my grandparents' stuff (crap?) is horribly difficult. We can only throw out so much at a time every week, except for the last garbage pick up of the month. Then we can go nuts (and at the end of March, we went nuts). I also hate to donate/throw stuff that may be worth money. Hrm. We'll see...

Speaking of things that go away...I discovered my little rocking chair at my great-uncle's house last night. My grandmother rosemalled it years ago...probably in the late 1960s or early 1970s. My mother sat in it as a small child (when it was unpainted)...I sat it it as a small child (after it was painted)...and I wanted Little Man to sit in it. But, I couldn't find it! I knew it was in the house.....or so I thought. I found it yesterday over there. Now, I can't be too upset because I found out that it originally belonged to my great-uncle and my grandma asked if she could paint it. I was a little sad...but the caveat is that after they're gone (or when they downsize), it's coming back to my house...probably along with the jukebox that once belonged to my grandparents.

Anyway, that's all I have for today...hope you all have a fantabulous day :)

2 comments:

  1. Dang WIP way too many to list... Thankfully all for customers which yippee money... In May however all of my WIP will be for me.... Doing my first Penny Rug...

    Evielynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to finish my WIPs. Scarfs mostly. :D :D

    ReplyDelete