Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Friday, January 13, 2012

FO Friday

Happy Friday, friends and minions. In the knitting world, it's FO Friday (for more information, go visit Tami's blog).

I actually have something for you today.

Claudia (completely unblocked)
Pattern: Claudia by MJ Kim
Yarn: Cascade 220 Heathers in some form of purple (the photo does not even come close to the actual color - I swear it's purple!)
Needles: US #4 and US #6 16" circulars and US #6 DPNs
Size: Adult
Modifications: I made the ribbing an extra row and I think that was pretty much it...but if I do it again, I'm changing how the decreases work because they kind of make for a pointy top that doesn't want to stay down and I'll probably make it a smidge longer (like maybe four rows longer).

Not very flattering...but yes, that's me wearing my new hat.
This is the first hat I've finished this year and, thus, knocks something off my SIYOP list for 12 Hats in 2012. Hoooooray.

Check back in on Sunday for an update to my Self-Imposed Year of Projects (SIYOP).

5 comments:

  1. Lovely hat! It looks great on you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colour and the pattern looks great on :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hat looks great :) I love the cabling :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the hat, found your blog on the yop forum on Rav, looking forward to seeing your updates as well.

    Ruth
    http://ruthsrunningstitch.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice hat, nice cheeks. Good work on finishing project number one. I am finishing the flap on the thumb of a second "podster" mitt. Quite a feat for me since I've never attempted gloves before. (Check out Glenna C. of Crazyknittinglady.

    ReplyDelete