Minions (who do my bidding) and Followers (who do not)

About Me

My photo
Mama, wife, knitter, blogger, spinner, wannabe something or other. That's enough, right?

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Ick...

Do you ever have those days where you feel icky but not because your sick? Kind of like your soul is feeling icky?

Today is one of those days.

I was repeatedly attacked on a forum on Ravelry (which shall remain nameless) for my incorrect assumptions about something and was basically told that I was a horrible person and that I'm an attention-seeker. I was also told that I must feel superior or jealous. The result was me spending a fair amount of time crying for things people were saying to me and I finally left the group entirely. It was one of my two safe havens on Ravelry where I felt like people might actually understand me. I was wrong. There is no safe haven anymore. This is why I spend so much time by myself. I feel like there is no place anywhere in the entire world where I can actually be myself. So, I'll spend time alone. I'd rather be alone than have to put on an act for everyone.

This may be why I don't have many friends, too.

I feel so icky.

Of course, maybe it's another bout of depression or PMS or loneliness.......whatever. I may not be posting that often for the next few weeks while I try to figure out everything going on in my little corner of the world. I'll try to keep up with my Self-Imposed Year of Projects updates but I don't expect much knitting to be going on either...it just doesn't feel like something safe to be doing anymore.

Hrm. Maybe it is depression. Oh well.

7 comments:

  1. I don't understand why some people think that it's ok to be really horrible to people on the internet. Ignore them, keep on knitting because your projects are awesome and I love to read about them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes knitting can be the most soothing when you don't even feel like doing it. Sometimes I just put in a movie and start a dishcloth and by the time both are done I'm finding I enjoyed it without even realizing it. As to other people we have a saying here at home "You can't help s****y people" Meaning they have problems and instead of looking to them-selves they pick on others.

    Trenody85 at Beself-sufficient

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you were attacked Renee Anne; that is horrible!
    Take a breather and knit for your soul and hug and kiss your little man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *hugs* feel better soon. There are some real idiots in the world and you shouldn't listen to them! There si no reason to attack anyone, even if you think they're wrong. Give your beautiful little man a big hug and feel superior that you have him and they don't. And ignore them, horrible people who knit have no impact on how amazing knitting is. Don't give up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry you had to go through that! I hope you are ok! Don't give up not everyone is the same.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grrr - can't think of anything nice to say except don't give up. Remember you are not the only person ever to be called a horrible person, we can be horrible together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh I'm so sorry people are so rude! I hate Board Trolls-- they're so cruel and have no purpose in my mind! I hope you flagged their posts as inappropriate/abuse. Deep breaths; you're so much better than they are!

    ReplyDelete