WIPs (based on the original list)
1. Little Man's Cobblestone Baby Blanket: started July 2010; the end is in sight for this project! I decided to do nine full repeats of the pattern, plus an extra fourteen rows to make it "mirrored" (you'll understand when you see the finished project), plus the border rows (which is in seed/moss stitch for twenty rows - which is incredibly boring to knit but makes for a lovely FO)...so, I'm in the midst of the fourteen extra rows. I'm very close to being finished...
2. Mama's Simple Skyp Socks: started May 23, 2011 - finished January 19, 2012
3. Mama's Vanilla Socks: started December 6, 2011; since I've been focusing my time and efforts on finishing my Skyp Socks, I haven't worked on these much...a few rows here and there.
4. Baby Traveling Vines Socks: started September 18, 2010; these are still in hiding somewhere. I'll admit that I'm not too fussed about their location. I know where the first sock is...but the second one is somewhere in a bag on needles. I'll find them eventually...
5. Little Man's Giraffe: started May 11, 2011; again, a(nother) project that's still in hiding but at least I know where it's located (in the yarn closet).
6. Icarus Shawl: started March 15, 2010; I found this project and it's corresponding pattern on Thursday afternoon so I know where it's located. It doesn't mean I've bothered to drag it out and actually work on it...because that would require work. Just sayin'...
12 Hats in 2012 (based on the original list)
1. Claudia: Finished January 10, 2012
2. Odessa: no yarn chosen but recommended DK weight
3. Hermione Hearts Ron: planning to use a locally grown & spun gray alpaca
4. Habitat: planning to use a skein of Shelter that I won at Knitters' Guild last year
5. Ogre Babies: I'm tossed between using Cotton Ease or Cotton Supreme (the Cotton Supreme is an Aran weight but it shouldn't make that much difference)
6. NIN Hat: planning to use something superwash or cotton
7. Pup Tent: planning to use one of my gazillion skeins of Cascade 220
8. Godric's Hollow Hat: planning to use my one random skein of Per Tryving pt2, though on my stash page it says I'm going to use it for Odessa...
9. Brandon Ribbed Beanie: I'll probably wind up using some contrasting skeins of Cascade 220 (because everyone knows I have enough)
10. Raglan Hat: no yarn planned...but I have plenty to choose from
11. Bergen Street Tuque: no yarn planned...
12. Nolan: (
Socks (based on the original list)
1. Mama's Simple Skyp Socks (see WIP list - please note that they are finished)
2. Mama's Vanilla Socks (see WIP list)
3. Blathnat: started January 20, 2012; I was gifted some lovely Louet Gems (sport weight) - two skeins (one for each sock)
4. Hermione's Everyday Socks: I have some Opal Yarn that is Harry Potter inspired (Tonks colorway)
Baby/Kid Stuff (based on the original list)
1. Hippo from Itty-Bitty Toys: I have two skeins of Breathless by Shalimar Yarns that Sweet Girl picked out (pink and purple - go figure!)
2. London Beanie: I'm thinking Cotton Ease...or something as equally machine washable
3. My Little Slug: (need to purchase)
4. Grumpus: something machine washable in a DK/Aran weight
5. Snail: something machine washable and bulky...I might have something in the stash...
6. Brooke Baby Afghan: something worsted and machine washable...or just something machine washable since it's a blanket...
7. Pine Forest Baby Blanket: calls for worsted but it's a blanket...
8. Mossy Jacket: it calls for Aran weight...and I might have some.
Freeport Vest: Malabrigo yarn that I picked up at Stitches Midwest specifically for this project...
Additions or Other Changes
1. Simple Baby Cap #1: added January 9, 2012; anything that's machine washable should work
2. Candy Cane: added January 9, 2012; something red and something white or else it won't be a candy cane...
3. Little Pumpkin Hat: added January 9, 2012; something orange, brown, and green...or it won't work as a pumpkin...
4. Lothlorien Hat: added January 9, 2012; started January 10, 2012; using Babyboo and US #4 16" circular...this is still a test knit.
5. Super Seeeeeeeeeeeekrit Swap Project: added January 9, 2012; I haven't started this yet...I should get on it.
So, for the totals...
Planned (but not started): 25 projects
Total: 34 projects
The craziness ensues...